Gts interior pkg color for night blue metallic

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 06:32 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Gts interior pkg color for night blue metallic

Hello folks,
on a night blue metallic gts cab with blue top , which gts alcantara pkg will go better , carmine red or Rhodium Silver ?

i have seen both but carmine pkg on Gt silver coupe and rhodium gtsinterior on sapphire blue cayman , thoughts ?
Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM
uury
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Hello folks,
on a night blue metallic gts cab with blue top , which gts alcantara pkg will go better , carmine red or Rhodium Silver ?

i have seen both but carmine pkg on Gt silver coupe and rhodium gtsinterior on sapphire blue cayman , thoughts ?
While I haven't seen it yet, I built a targa GTS in NBM with the blue top, and went with the bordeaux/black interior. I'll let you know how it turned out in about 28 days.

Personally, I like the red/blue combination, but it isn't for everyone.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:11 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Most will go with silver on a blue build. Blue with red is certainly unique....there are a few here that have done it and more power to them.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:37 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Uury,
I saw a dark blue gts macan with carmined red leather interior and it looked good

I am considering the alcantara interior package in carmine red or rhodium silver and you are right rhodium silver threading is a little better match with the blue exterior but I just love the carmined red tachometer that comes with the red threading in the carmine red alcantara

Last edited by casaforte9; 05-12-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:10 AM
uury
Advanced

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Uury,
I saw a dark blue gts macan with carmined red leather interior and it looked good

I am considering the alcantara interior package in carmine red or rhodium silver and you are right rhodium silver threading is a little better match with the blue exterior but I just love the carmined red tachometer that comes with the red threading in the carmine red alcantara
I'm pretty sure you can change the background color of the instrument cluster independent of the interior package you choose.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:24 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by uury
I'm pretty sure you can change the background color of the instrument cluster independent of the interior package you choose.
correct, the dials do not come as part of any package and are no packages or other options are required to spec the red dials.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:02 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 129 Posts

Nope, you can't change the dials to a different color. Try selecting that option on the configurator and it will prompt you to chose a different interior and remove the GTS interior package.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:15 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

I had the red GTS comm package on club Blau and it looked pretty good. I imagine on NBM, it will be pretty nice as well.

my PTS meerblau Targa has the GTS comm pkg w silver. It’s a bit more understated and conservative. .
Old 05-13-2018, 09:24 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

Just a thought from someone who spent a lot of time on the Configurator with NBM . . .

Consider the PCCB. And instead of the GTS interior package, think about the extended leather package with deviated yellow stitching. Something about the yellow calipers and stitching that just goes fabulously with the dark blue. Just my .02
Old 05-13-2018, 11:24 PM
uury
Advanced

+1 on the extended leather package and deleting alcantara. And whether you choose two-tone or single-tone, I love the look of deviated stitching (don't forget the steering column).
Old 05-14-2018, 09:15 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
Just a thought from someone who spent a lot of time on the Configurator with NBM . . .

Consider the PCCB. And instead of the GTS interior package, think about the extended leather package with deviated yellow stitching. Something about the yellow calipers and stitching that just goes fabulously with the dark blue. Just my .02
I did something similar on a blue car, PCCBs, extended leather with deviated stitching, and deleted the alcantara. I went with GT silver deviated stitching instead of yellow, though, to better match the trim in the interior (I also went with GT silver seat belts. Painted interior trim to bring that glorious blue into the interior, too.

If you do yellow deviated stitching, consider yellow seat belts and maybe gauges to make it really pop.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:48 AM
andrewdr
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the red, looks great. Initially was not as fond of it when i saw it in the pictures but in person its really nice.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:24 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Rhodium Silver for sure.

Quick Reply: Gts interior pkg color for night blue metallic