Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to 991- opinions on this car please? (part II)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 11:43 AM
mreloc
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moving to 991- opinions on this car please? (part II)

Thank you for your comments on my original thread- I started this one so this next one under consideration wouldn't get buried. This is the next on my list as a potential buy. I've already negotiated the price and I've got a PPI on tap to do the rev report, and general inspection. The price seems good- the dealer says the car has had one owner although the Autocheck says otherwise. Whoever owned it had it xpel'd, so he was at least concerned about cosmetics. I've seen the Agate Grey interior in person on another car, and it actually surprised me how much I liked it. Only thing lacking for me is a lift for the front and a Burmester audio upgrade- which I'm finding pretty scarce. Thoughts on this one would be appreciated:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=202605938
https://www.ipacket.info/562123E1-FA...10F779CFD#MSRP

Last edited by mreloc; 05-12-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:57 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

In the wording they say it has the Premium Package, but it actually has Premium Package Plus. Looks like a nice one if a PPI checks out on it. One reason this dealer can offer it cheaper than a typical Porsche dealer is they are not having to pay to CPO it... although in exchange you get less warranty unless you arrange for an aftermarket one. That depends on your risk tolerance and how long they plan to keep the car. Also wise to get an independent inspection in any case.

Looks like a very nice build to me. SPASM, Sport Package, Premium Plus, LED lighting... all things on my personal must-have list. The Agate leather looks nice too.

Edit: Forgot to add: FAL and Burmeister makes for a fairly rare beast that will take a long time to find. I would like FAL too but gave up on that in the used market (with all of my other wants) a long time ago.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:46 PM
mreloc
Pro

One reason this dealer can offer it cheaper than a typical Porsche dealer is they are not having to pay to CPO it.
Funny- they offered to have a Porsche dealer handle the CPO process/warranty for me if I wanted, but the P dealer was going to hose me with $4,600 for that (usually the value of CPO is about $2K) since they wanted to make a little something extra in the transaction. I'll see how it goes on the balance of the factory warranty and then decide on an extended service contract.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:29 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

From what I understand, the CPO amount paid to Porsche is about $2,500, but there could be other requirements (N1 tires, etc.) which will be needed to be added to qualify. Then the dealer is adding a fee to handle the transaction. Additionally, I have the lift on my car and I never remember it till after I have gone into a driveway. Although, I'm in the habit of angling my approach, so rarely scrap it.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:43 PM
tvad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 911S is optioned with PASM, and I scrape the front lip all the time on my driveway (despite using angled approach and egress), street dips, etc.

I'm on my second front lip, and have a third in the garage ready to install when I get to the point of embarrassment.

If I ordered a car with PASM, I'd definitely order FAL.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:44 PM
kennypowers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I have spasm and aerokit and as long as you are careful it’s not bad with no lift

the only thing for me on this one is the lack of the adaptive sport seats but if you dig the standard seats, looks like a heck of a deal
Old 05-11-2018, 11:20 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

it was an all dealer owned car. Probably alot of demo driving and test out driving. I would rather buy a car that a person owned and did presumably take care of . But has remainder of warranty as far as you know. I would have porsche dealer see if the warranty is in effect and if there has ever been anything done to it
Old 05-11-2018, 11:43 PM
mreloc
Pro

it was an all dealer owned car. Probably alot of demo driving and test out driving. I would rather buy a car that a person owned and did presumably take care of . But has remainder of warranty as far as you know. I would have porsche dealer see if the warranty is in effect and if there has ever been anything done to it
What indications are there that this is an all dealer owned car? It was registered both times as a personal vehicle, with a loan reported to the DMV. I see one place in the history where the dealer took title of the car for one month before it was re-sold. Also, I don't think a dealer would have bothered to have the full bumper, hood and fenders filmed for protection would they?
Wondering why you think Porsche would deny warranty? Not trying to argue the points, just trying to rationalize your suspicions..
Old 05-12-2018, 03:10 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Personally the Graphite not-very-metallic, glass sunroof, and weird 8-eye LED headlight look would be a pass for me but if you like them go for it.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:44 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Maybe ask the RL community if someone in ATL would go look at it for you.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:00 AM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by tvad
My 911S is optioned with PASM, and I scrape the front lip all the time on my driveway (despite using angled approach and egress), street dips, etc.

I'm on my second front lip, and have a third in the garage ready to install when I get to the point of embarrassment.

If I ordered a car with PASM, I'd definitely order FAL.
I have a SPASM car and only scrape my plastic spoiler on rare occasions. Slow speeds and angles in difficult situations relieve the issue of scraping for me.
for problem driveways at home, here is a solution:
http://www.bridjit.com/

Quick Reply: Moving to 991- opinions on this car please? (part II)