Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 04:40 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,243 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Armin
here we go again....
Originally Posted by STG
Hey Genius .... Someone is buying them aren't they???

Watch out ... I'll go R_Rated on your azz ..
I'm so so sorry, didn't mean to stir the pot.

Simply put, I based my comment on what's been posted hereabouts with respect to .2 vs .1 superiority.

Didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by tse
I'm so so sorry, didn't mean to stir the pot.

Simply put, I based my comment on what's been posted hereabouts with respect to .2 vs .1 superiority.

Didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic.
No biggie, some take it too seriously.

The superiority is usually based on which car the guy commenting has
Old 05-03-2018, 05:52 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Monte
I bought a left over '16 c2s in December 2016 and haven't really been following prices since. This morning I looked on cars.com with a 500 mile radius (New England) and filtered 2015 and 2016 c2s and was surprised to see prices in the $90s and lower $100s still. Anyone who's been following, has prices of these last NA Carrera's creeping higher as opposed to depreciating? I was expecting to see 70s and 80s max.
I have seen prices all over the place. The ones that sell quickly are not 20% off of original retail. Pricing was soft late in the winter (seasonal demand, as mentioned above) but seems to have strengthened. For example, a 2013 991 C2S manual w/Aerokit cup and 30k miles, CPO, was offered to me for $67,500. They sold the car to another person the same day, and took it back in on trade a month or 2 later. The same car re-sold in 3 weeks at $71,500. There are just more people shopping right now. vs in late February. You may have gotten a great price due to the time of year. Based on where the 2012 and 2013 models are now, you could expect these to continue to depreciate around 8-10% yearly for the next 2 or 3 years, assuming no changes in the underlying economy.

What is odd is the lack of demand for the 981 Spyder and GT4. Those prices have fallen by quite a bit for special edition cars. Nothing like standard Carrera deprecation, but still. Getting a newish GT car for 10% under retail is pretty rare.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:05 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
I have seen prices all over the place. The ones that sell quickly are not 20% off of original retail. Pricing was soft late in the winter (seasonal demand, as mentioned above) but seems to have strengthened. For example, a 2013 991 C2S manual w/Aerokit cup and 30k miles, CPO, was offered to me for $67,500. They sold the car to another person the same day, and took it back in on trade a month or 2 later. The same car re-sold in 3 weeks at $71,500. There are just more people shopping right now. vs in late February. You may have gotten a great price due to the time of year. Based on where the 2012 and 2013 models are now, you could expect these to continue to depreciate around 8-10% yearly for the next 2 or 3 years, assuming no changes in the underlying economy.

What is odd is the lack of demand for the 981 Spyder and GT4. Those prices have fallen by quite a bit for special edition cars. Nothing like standard Carrera deprecation, but still. Getting a newish GT car for 10% under retail is pretty rare.
I think 8-10% compound annual depreciation for the next three years is way too high. Probably more like 4%-6%. These cars are already 5-6 years old.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:32 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I believe a lot of GT4 owners bought them as placeholders until the 991.2 GT3 came. They thought they would enjoy the GT4 for a couple of years and then sell them again for msrp. Problem is when tons of them decide to unload when their new shiny GT 3 is arriving
Old 05-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to see this link on 991.1 pricing. Admittedly I have been spending the past 18 months following the Ferrari market so I'm not up to date on 991.1 (specifically MT) prices.

What would a no stories loaded 2015 PTS 'Viper Green' MT with 5,500 miles sell for in a private party sale?

specs/pics

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...esign-pkg.html
Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Erazo PR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Glad to see this link on 991.1 pricing. Admittedly I have been spending the past 18 months following the Ferrari market so I'm not up to date on 991.1 (specifically MT) prices.

What would a no stories loaded 2015 PTS 'Viper Green' MT with 5,500 miles sell for in a private party sale?

specs/pics

🤔🤔🤔 good question 😐
Old 05-03-2018, 10:33 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Parnelli

specs/pics

95-100, I’m guessing
Old 05-03-2018, 11:12 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Lol. Guys. TSE is a .1 owner and pretty sure he was just being sarcastic, e.g a joke on certain 991.2 owners.

Everyone knows the .1 is the superior 991 (just look at the values holding steady/creeping up for 2 years).

Originally Posted by guab
Subjective. Lots of buyers in both camps, which is why I think prices are holding (in addition to summer/tax season/available capital).

Having driven both cars, I can confidently say the 991.2 is the faster vehicle. For a daily driver, I would take the 991.2 all day with PDK (actually, would probably buy a used TTS instead). For a weekend car, I would go 991.1 manual, as it's more rewarding to drive on the street than the 991.2, and to me, the 991.2 car is inferior for this use case. Same comparison for me with the E92 M3 vs the F80 M3.
Agreed (though, again, he was being sarcastic).

.1 prices are a testament to how the market is, and will continue to value them. Being the last and fundamentally best N/A Carreras in history, that's no small deal, thus it's written in the stars that they're destined as future classics in their own right. And prices are (and imo will continue) reflecting that. I'm certain that sometime during the 992's run, when all 991's are out of warranty, 991.1 prices will surpass 991.2 prices (already have in some cases, as prices can get close between the two), as it has that novelty effect, and if there's one constant with the world, it's novelty effect + 911 = $$$$.

Another long term keeper is the 981 Cayman/Boxster, especially the GTS. They don't get the real "resale boost effect" 911's will, but they'll be hugely reevaluated, "rediscovered" and desired in the future when Porsche discontinues their gas powered mid engine car, due to slumping 718 (4 cylinder) sales and what appears to be their plans to turn it in an EV.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Lol. Guys. TSE is a .1 owner and pretty sure he was just being sarcastic, e.g a joke on certain 991.2 owners.

Everyone knows the .1 is the superior 991 (just look at the values holding steady/creeping up for 2 years). Agreed (though, again, he was being sarcastic).

.1 prices are a testament to how the market is, and will continue to value them. Being the last and fundamentally best N/A Carreras in history, that's no small deal, thus it's written in the stars that they're destined as future classics in their own right. And prices are (and imo will continue) to reflect that. I'm certain that sometime during the 992's run, when all 991's are out of warranty, 991.1 prices will surpass 991.2 prices (already have in some cases, as prices can get close between the two).
STG fell for it hook, line and sinker!
Long-term value isn't a concern these cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed. That will mean different things to everyone.
I know I smile, not utter expletives, when I start Rumble each day.

In the meantime, keep on preaching, Pastor! I'm diggin' the sermon! I have 991.1 smackers lined up for the collection basket.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Erazo PR
Instructor

Originally Posted by K-A

Everyone knows the .1 is the superior 991 (just look at the values holding steady/creeping up for 2 years).

Agreed (though, again, he was being sarcastic).

.1 prices are a testament to how the market is, and will continue to value them. Being the last and fundamentally best N/A Carreras in history, that's no small deal, thus it's written in the stars that they're destined as future classics in their own right. And prices are (and imo will continue) reflecting that. I'm certain that sometime during the 992's run, when all 991's are out of warranty, 991.1 prices will surpass 991.2 prices (already have in some cases, as prices can get close between the two).

Another long term keeper is the 981 Cayman/Boxster, especially the GTS. They don't get the real "resale boost effect" 911's will, but they'll be hugely desired in the future when Porsche discontinues their gas powered mid engine car, due to slumping 718 (4 cylinder) sales and what appears to be their plans to turn it in an EV.
In my honest opinion yes but only the .1 manual gts... even my 997 manual that i use to have was supposed to hold up value as the last mechanical ones and look at them... and thats a 12 year old car
you can even find a 997.1 turbo with manual tranny and low miles from 65k to 73k... all this tech we are getting are going to kill resale value in th future... that why im going to drive the heck out of them and don't care about that anymore...just my opinion...i can be wrong
Old 05-03-2018, 11:40 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Erazo PR
In my honest opinion yes but only the .1 manual gts... even my 997 manual that i use to have was supposed to hold up value as the last mechanical ones and look at them... and thats a 12 year old car
you can even find a 997.1 turbo with manual tranny and low miles from 65k to 73k... all this tech we are getting are going to kill resale value in th future... that why im going to drive the heck out of them and don't care about that anymore...just my opinion...i can be wrong
All N/A 911's got a price boost / saw depreciation mitigation ever since N/A Carrera's got discontinued. People are reporting 997.2's also getting to "ridiculous" prices just like the .1. The reason they're all going up (from base to GTS) is simply the market speaking on how it will position these (N/A) cars in the future. Of course, who knows, but looking at the data at hand and past "last of 911" resale performance, I'd say it's a solid bet that they'll (N/A Carreras) continue to be benefitted in resale by all the new cars being turbos. But I certainly agree with you that resale shouldn't be why someone buys a car, and I CERTAINLY agree to not drive it less to try and get some "value" back. Buy what you like, enjoy it as much as you'd like, and if/when you're ready to sell it, if it has outperformed in resale, then that's simply one great benefit. True automotive value comes from enjoyment from the vehicle.

Originally Posted by Bemo
STG fell for it hook, line and sinker!
Long-term value isn't a concern these cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed. That will mean different things to everyone.
I know I smile, not utter expletives, when I start Rumble each day.

In the meantime, keep on preaching, Pastor! I'm diggin' the sermon! I have 991.1 smackers lined up for the collection basket.
You know it! Line 'em up!
Old 05-03-2018, 11:43 PM
saa106
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased my 14' C2S in late 15' and based on prices nationwide (I do actively keep up with them) I have only seen approximately 5-6% depreciation in almost 3 years. With that said, I love my .1, love the NA 3.8 and have no plans to sell the car, ever.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Erazo PR
Instructor

[QUOTE=K-A;14986455]All N/A 911's got a price boost / saw depreciation mitigation ever since N/A Carrera's got discontinued. People are reporting 997.2's also getting to "ridiculous" prices just like the .1. The reason they're all going up (from base to GTS) is simply the market speaking on how it will position these (N/A) cars in the future. Of course, who knows, but looking at the data at hand and past "last of 911" resale performance, I'd say it's a solid bet that they'll (N/A Carreras) continue to be benefitted in resale by all the new cars being turbos. But I certainly agree with you that resale shouldn't be why someone buys a car, and I CERTAINLY agree to not drive it less to try and get some "value" back. Buy what you like, enjoy it as much as you'd like, and if/when you're ready to sell it, if it has outperformed in resale, then that's simply one great benefit. True automotive value comes from enjoyment from the vehicle.

👏👍 lets enjoy this machines... who knows where we are going to be in 10 or 20 years
Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Prices are high, unless of course you're trying to trade it in to a dealer.

Quick Reply: 991.1 Prices