911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:32 PM
gabbar
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
Have you got the VIN yet?

If you do, would you mind sharing the last 4 digits? I'm researching how many T's are being made for the US MY2018 and most likely yours may be one of the very last 2018's made.

With your VIN I should be able to more accurately estimate production.

Thanks!
The build sheet shows MY 2018 with VIN ending in 6562. Probably last batch of 2018s.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:08 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

How long did everyone wait for their cars to get to the US, once they were on the boat?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 AM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine left Emden on July 25 and was taken off the ship in Jacksonville,....I hope,....yesterday, August 9. The ship stopped in R.I. for one day. So, for my car, 15 days. I have no idea how long it will take to get processed and trucked to dealer.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 656 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by vtrich
Mine left Emden on July 25 and was taken off the ship in Jacksonville,....I hope,....yesterday, August 9. The ship stopped in R.I. for one day. So, for my car, 15 days. I have no idea how long it will take to get processed and trucked to dealer.
we are getting close
Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello all - Let me start with an apology. Well, two actually. Firstly I strayed from the brand for a minute to spend some time with (an amazing) F355. Meeting my hero, in that case, did not disappoint. The second apology is for ordering my 911T on Wednesday with A SUNROOF. This latter issue was driven by a request from the Mrs, who is out of my league so it's best to keep her sweet.

Now, down to business, I need your advice. I had been considering getting the car tuned, and having a short shifter fitted prior to collection. It would be done by Porsche Manhattan, so legit in that sense. My last two Porsche's were GT3's, and to be honest I certainly don't want that level of 'lose your license' fast again.

As folks that have spent time behind the wheel of the 911T, would any of you recommend these customizations, or should I just drive it off the showroom floor and not look back?

Been fun reading a bunch of this feed, some great cars out there guys.

Dan
Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by vtrich
Not sure how you'd sleep during those 15 days.

Btw - can we track to progress of the order form Porsche ourselves? Right now I phone up my SA every few weeks.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:25 AM
supercroc
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
Hello all - Let me start with an apology. Well, two actually. Firstly I strayed from the brand for a minute to spend some time with (an amazing) F355. Meeting my hero, in that case, did not disappoint. The second apology is for ordering my 911T on Wednesday with A SUNROOF. This latter issue was driven by a request from the Mrs, who is out of my league so it's best to keep her sweet.

Now, down to business, I need your advice. I had been considering getting the car tuned, and having a short shifter fitted prior to collection. It would be done by Porsche Manhattan, so legit in that sense. My last two Porsche's were GT3's, and to be honest I certainly don't want that level of 'lose your license' fast again.

As folks that have spent time behind the wheel of the 911T, would any of you recommend these customizations, or should I just drive it off the showroom floor and not look back?

Dan
Any shorter shifter and the stick wouldn't move at all (short shift a standard feature - hopefully the dealer wasn't going to charge you for an "install"). Considering tuning options also. There seem to be at least 5 options but can't find any write ups on the relative merits. Also trying to find ways to reduce mass (already 5 kg. less of me).

Last edited by supercroc; 08-10-2018 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I may look into a Cobb or GIAC tune after I've had my T for a while. But we'll see about that.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Arezzo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Arrival

Got such a deal on 7/29 that I could not resist.
Some mods, clear LED side lights, GT3 Matt black steering wheel inserts, Classic 911T logo ( thanks Alex)
Model stickers delete
Old 08-10-2018, 12:11 PM
vtrich
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Not sure how you'd sleep during those 15 days.

Btw - can we track to progress of the order form Porsche ourselves? Right now I phone up my SA every few weeks.
Your SA can provide estimated dates for the various steps. See link below. Once it is trucked to Emden, he/she can also get you the name
of the ship and will provide a link to VesselFinder where you can track the ship's progress. You can track the ship as it leaves port and until it
gets beyond about 200 miles. Then it can be tracked once it is back within 200 miles of the U.S. coast. I think you can pay for a premium tracking
service as well,..but, for me, I was happy with the standard tracking.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ing-guide.html
Old 08-10-2018, 12:37 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They were indeed looking to charge me. I will avoid that one then! As for the tune, they quoted about 3k to have it done at Porsche. They claim 450hp can be attained easily. I think i'll live with the car first and see if I actually want/need more horses.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:59 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb

Dan
I am considering the GIAC tune offered by the dealers. If you read your warranty booklet, it states all parts installed by the dealers and car is warrantied by Porsche North America. The price is 2200 plus labor and ads 130ft-lb and 80hp.
When I do it (likely in spring) I will also add center radiator and a intercooler from AMS to ensure I get better cooling as I plan to take it on the track 1-2 weekend per year. If you don't track, maybe the tune only is ok for you
Old 08-10-2018, 01:01 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Arezzo, that looks sweet. Congrats
Old 08-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know how much longer you will be able to order a Carrera T for? Also wondering if the model line will continue with the 992 generation.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:20 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 111 Posts

There are some few '19 allocations I believe but no word on 992's.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club