Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

Received 656 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Im installing the titanium akra slip on once i get around 2k miles.. sitting in a box for now. Will make a video with revs and driving sound on my channel.
why wait to 2k ?
Old 07-29-2018, 03:15 PM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris - 97C2
Beautiful! I am, of course, totally jealous since I just started my wait.... What's your build like?
@Chris - 97C2, it's a pretty slick build. Sport design front facia. Leather int Black / GT Silver with Sport, Carrera T interior pkg, premium package, heated wheel, Porsche Entry and Drive, Deletion of Carrera T side decals, Bose, Adaptive Sports, Chrono with PTPA, Fuel Cap in Aluminum, LED lights in black.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by shing911500e
@Chris - 97C2, it's a pretty slick build. Sport design front facia. Leather int Black / GT Silver with Sport, Carrera T interior pkg, premium package, heated wheel, Porsche Entry and Drive, Deletion of Carrera T side decals, Bose, Adaptive Sports, Chrono with PTPA, Fuel Cap in Aluminum, LED lights in black.
Very nice, I like it!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:00 PM
gabbar
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Thanks for all you guys reply. I may just have to manually delete it when it gets here.

Cheers.
If you delete PCM in US, it won't be street legal anymore. Am I wrong ?
Old 07-29-2018, 07:42 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 129 Posts

Just got my order in and confirmed. Completion first week of December (hope it pulls in). I went a little crazy as this is to be a long term car for me, but here is my build PKX1WUG5Wanted the Sport Design rear, but not the front, so I'll do that via Suncoast at a later date. She'll also get a tune at some point well after break-in so that the performance matches the braking power

I cannot wait, it's going to be a long 5-6 months, especially since I already traded my '12 R8 V10. No toys this fall - what will I do!?!?!?

Really nice build. My only comments are:

Power Steering Plus: Unless you are 70+ old, I would not get it. It just adds an artificial over-boosted steering at low speeds. Try it out first without it, as it feels very well balanced. If not, you can just add it via software from your dealer.

Steering wheel and shifter in Alcantara: If you are absolutely in love with them, absolutely go for it, but bear in mind they match nothing else in the cabin. That option is there for when you add the bucket seats with Alcantara seat centers, so they all match.

Burmester: I had doubts if I should add Bose when I placed my order. After receiving the car and driving it over 3,000 miles, I think I should've saved the money and just order the base sound. You will want to hear the engine/PSE first and foremost. The rest of the time the car is noisy enough that I doubt there is a significant difference in sound between base, Bose and Burmester.

And congrats on your order!
Old 07-29-2018, 07:47 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by G99x.y

ugh ...satellite radio ... so lame on this car.... what next preload Facebook app?

screws up my plan to put the old “911 T” logo dead center where the bump will reside.

maybe I can do it to the far right of the bump.

Or put it on the grille like the 911R...
Old 07-29-2018, 08:01 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I don’t agree about the Alcantara wheel and shifter. They match the a pillar and headliner and look even better if you add an Alcantara center console cover.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:24 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Originally Posted by alex_c
Really nice build. My only comments are:

Power Steering Plus: Unless you are 70+ old, I would not get it. It just adds an artificial over-boosted steering at low speeds. Try it out first without it, as it feels very well balanced. If not, you can just add it via software from your dealer.

Steering wheel and shifter in Alcantara: If you are absolutely in love with them, absolutely go for it, but bear in mind they match nothing else in the cabin. That option is there for when you add the bucket seats with Alcantara seat centers, so they all match.

Burmester: I had doubts if I should add Bose when I placed my order. After receiving the car and driving it over 3,000 miles, I think I should've saved the money and just order the base sound. You will want to hear the engine/PSE first and foremost. The rest of the time the car is noisy enough that I doubt there is a significant difference in sound between base, Bose and Burmester.

And congrats on your order!
Thanks for the notes! I only added the Power Steering Plus because my SA was so adamant about it. That and I am coming out of an R8 that sure could have used it. I'll definitely check on it. I am on the fence on the Alcantara wheel/shifter. I really like it, but I don't know that I $910 love it I think I definitely want the Burmester though, even at it's inflated price. While I agree that I will almost never use it around town, this car will do a little touring, so it will be nice on highway drives. Just like the PCCBs, I won't ever need to upgrade it.

My biggest question is still color. While I love black, I have had a black car before and know the kind of fun exterior maintenance can be. Although with the new ceramic coatings, this should be a little less (maybe a lot). My other color choices are Carrara White and Red. And then of course to pick the right interior to go with it. I love the interior I picked though so will try to stick there - not sure if it really goes with a Guard Red car though.

I am also on the fence on the LEDs. Nothing wrong with Bi-Xenon and it saves $2700. I'll probably drop the extra Dashboard Trim in Leather ($1,770) as well. Not really needed.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:37 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the notes! I only added the Power Steering Plus because my SA was so adamant about it. That and I am coming out of an R8 that sure could have used it. I'll definitely check on it. I am on the fence on the Alcantara wheel/shifter. I really like it, but I don't know that I $910 love it I think I definitely want the Burmester though, even at it's inflated price. While I agree that I will almost never use it around town, this car will do a little touring, so it will be nice on highway drives. Just like the PCCBs, I won't ever need to upgrade it.

My biggest question is still color. While I love black, I have had a black car before and know the kind of fun exterior maintenance can be. Although with the new ceramic coatings, this should be a little less (maybe a lot). My other color choices are Carrara White and Red. And then of course to pick the right interior to go with it. I love the interior I picked though so will try to stick there - not sure if it really goes with a Guard Red car though.

I am also on the fence on the LEDs. Nothing wrong with Bi-Xenon and it saves $2700. I'll probably drop the extra Dashboard Trim in Leather ($1,770) as well. Not really needed.
I hear you about the LED's, as they are expensive. Since mine is GT silver, I was able to get the regular LED's with the dark gray surround that looks great with GT Silver, but would look weird with Black exterior, so if you want LED you may have to end up paying the extra cost.

Regarding the leather dashboard, I can tell you that I LOVE deviated stitching, but the Carrera T Leather package already has a ton of leather and dev stitching. Now, I would definitely keep the wheel column option in leather, it looks fantastic and it is a bargain -relatively speaking- for how nice it looks.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Originally Posted by alex_c
I hear you about the LED's, as they are expensive. Since mine is GT silver, I was able to get the regular LED's with the dark gray surround that looks great with GT Silver, but would look weird with Black exterior, so if you want LED you may have to end up paying the extra cost.

Regarding the leather dashboard, I can tell you that I LOVE deviated stitching, but the Carrera T Leather package already has a ton of leather and dev stitching. Now, I would definitely keep the wheel column option in leather, it looks fantastic and it is a bargain -relatively speaking- for how nice it looks.
I agree on all counts! While I can't wait to get this car in my hands and on the road, I'm actually glad I have a little time to think this through. I'll also see both a red/red and CW/yellow Carrera T this week, so that will help.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

I agree on all counts! While I can't wait to get this car in my hands and on the road, I'm actually glad I have a little time to think this through. I'll also see both a red/red and CW/yellow Carrera T this week, so that will help.
I did the full leather & column as advised. I went C white with the silver trim. I was on the fence about the A wheel and shifter but decided due to wear and it not really matching the black in the rest of the car. They are grey in person and as i did standard seats just went standard leather. Its all personal pref but the above is all great feed back which helped me a lot.
Excited for you.
matt
Old 07-29-2018, 09:27 PM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

mine same as above only with the 5 spoke wheels. Its super classy in my mind.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:29 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

it!
Chris; if you get deviated stitching, the T shifter boot does not come with it but you can order a GT4 shifter boot and swap out. Look at suncosst for color options or go to Exclusive Options. Easy job to replace.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:33 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the notes! I only added the Power Steering Plus because my SA was so adamant about it.

Headlight, mine has the $780 upgrade, first selection, gets darker inside the assembly.

dont get Light Design package, terrible, I can’t even see mine. Tiny tiny LED.

Dont get get power steering plus, not needed

Old 07-29-2018, 09:48 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Also, if anybody plan to add radar detector, get the mirror dim option as it add the extra power to rear view mirror for easy installation of the radar detector.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club