Sponsored by:

What should be covered in CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 09:27 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapter
Please explain the reasons why the Porsche cpo is a scam?
First, it is nothing more than a warranty purchase with ADM (the scam) . Second, many dealers perform the absolute minimum to get the car salable (marketing). There are threads all over RL about oil not being changed, brakes not being in serviceable condition, filters not being changed etc. I personally traded a car that should never have been CPO'd due to heavy track use and it was. If fact, I traded the car with competition studs, non OEM rotors and not one question about track use. I can't imagine what the DME looked like as I hit the rev limiter more times than I could count. I won't even mention that items like wheel bearing should have been changed due to heavy track use.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:05 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VKG-NJ
The dealer is in FL..am there tomorrow, so let’s see how this goes!
I live in Fl. Would you mind sending the dealer name in a PM?
Old 03-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 99 Posts

Thanks R Listers...this is an amazing learning for newbies.

The dealer has sent me the CPO list, and has "checked" that all maintenance is up to date. He states that nothing is due before October of this year.

When I have pushed him, he says that the previous owner got the 40K service done as well...and can show this to me in the system...but cant give me a copy of the previous owner service records. Sounds BS to me. I also showed him the Porsche maintenance schedules I got from a buddy ...(attached here if anyone needs it)
Porsche of Jacksonville (previously Brumos Porsche) was more than happy to provide me with complete service records of the 3.5 year old CPO 911 I bought from them last summer. All they did was print them out and cut out the upper left hand corner of all the pages which removed the previous owner's info. I asked for it before picking the car up (worked the deal over the phone/email since I live 4 hours away) and they had the records waiting for me when I arrived to close the deal and pick up the car.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:18 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnx
I live in Fl. Would you mind sending the dealer name in a PM?
I just did..
Old 03-29-2018, 09:11 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
CPO is a marketing scam, plain and simple.
Porsche replaced my transmission under CPO after it lost the even numbered gears while on the back straight at VIR (car was 5 years old at the time). I drove straight from the track to the dealership. I see CPO as an extended warranty product and I think it's freaking awesome.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default Stealership Crap

Your stealership is full of crap ask to speak to the district representative. If you are the listed owner of a car's VIN they can provide you all records. IF they have any concern have them redact the previous owners name. Further, maintenance on the vehicle is time and mileage based not one or the other. Tell them if they can not provide proof of maitenance or the maintenance itself you want to return the vehicle. All these guys are crooks and would sell their mother for a dollar. When people say CPO is a joke thats what they mean. You are much better off getting a third party warranty from a reputable company than what the crooked Pcar dealers offer.

Thanks R Listers...this is an amazing learning for newbies.

The dealer has sent me the CPO list, and has "checked" that all maintenance is up to date. He states that nothing is due before October of this year.

When I have pushed him, he says that the previous owner got the 40K service done as well...and can show this to me in the system...but cant give me a copy of the previous owner service records. Sounds BS to me. I also showed him the Porsche maintenance schedules I got from a buddy ...(attached here if anyone needs it)
Old 03-29-2018, 09:42 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabs1542

Porsche replaced my transmission under CPO after it lost the even numbered gears while on the back straight at VIR (car was 5 years old at the time). I drove straight from the track to the dealership. I see CPO as an extended warranty product and I think it's freaking awesome.
Don't misunderstand me, I think extended warranties are fine. They should not cost what winds up being built into the CPO purchase price which is at least $4k.

Quick Reply: What should be covered in CPO?