Sponsored by:

What should be covered in CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should be covered in CPO?

New to the P world...and I am looking to buy a 2013 911 C2S CPO with under 10K miles from a dealer. The dealer says the "time duration" of Porsche recommended maintenance does not need to be done, due to low mileage...like the 4 year maintenance requirements ( plugs, air filters, oil changes) or the 2 year maintenance( like brake flush, tire sealant etc). Additionally all the tires wear shows uneven wear on the tire( inside, center and outside)...should the dealer not be doing a tire alignment as well?
Am I wrong in my expectations? Looking for unbiassed advise...TIA.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:16 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

The dealership is telling you BS. That's unfortunate.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:45 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by VKG-NJ
New to the P world...and I am looking to buy a 2013 911 C2S CPO with under 10K miles from a dealer. The dealer says the "time duration" of Porsche recommended maintenance does not need to be done, due to low mileage...like the 4 year maintenance requirements ( plugs, air filters, oil changes) or the 2 year maintenance( like brake flush, tire sealant etc). Additionally all the tires wear shows uneven wear on the tire( inside, center and outside)...should the dealer not be doing a tire alignment as well?
LIES. Just show them in the manual where Porsche says otherwise. Also - You PAID extra money for CPO so the dealer should have done the work to actual ensure it is certified.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:49 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's The documentation from my CPO. It clearly states that scheduled maintenance will be performed within 2500 miles or if it was more than 10 months ago.Name:  photo116.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  962.7 KB
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2018, 07:56 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,143 Likes on 982 Posts

Wow. I think the company that designed and built the cars may know better than the Sales Associate at your dealership franchise.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:01 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

CPO is a marketing scam, plain and simple.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:53 PM
Rapter
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Please explain the reasons why the Porsche cpo is a scam?
Old 03-27-2018, 09:56 PM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Yes, being that I buy almost exclusively CPO vehicles, I would like to understand your comment too.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:19 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

Thanks R Listers...this is an amazing learning for newbies.

The dealer has sent me the CPO list, and has "checked" that all maintenance is up to date. He states that nothing is due before October of this year.

When I have pushed him, he says that the previous owner got the 40K service done as well...and can show this to me in the system...but cant give me a copy of the previous owner service records. Sounds BS to me. I also showed him the Porsche maintenance schedules I got from a buddy ...(attached here if anyone needs it)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
porsche maintenance.pdf (68.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

The dealer has sent me the CPO list, and has "checked" that all maintenance is up to date. He states that nothing is due before October of this year.

When I have pushed him, he says that the previous owner got the 40K service done as well...and can show this to me in the system...but cant give me a copy of the previous owner service records. Sounds BS to me. I also showed him the Porsche maintenance schedules I got from a buddy ...(attached here if anyone needs it)
you don’t happen to be buying from Hennessy are you? Sounds similar to what I heard from them but eventually pushed them and got them to cover what I needed them to.

Many dealers will not show the actual customer record to protect the customer information. Some will Black out the names and give you the records, others will give you a summary of records with the date it was completed but without any detail on it so it doesn’t show their name. Most people are not wanting the same level of detailed service info as us Rennlisters, so it is easier for them to just not give out detailed info to anyone.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
erko1905
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

This sounds like a dealer in Edison to me somehow
Old 03-27-2018, 10:27 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

The dealer is in FL..am there tomorrow, so let’s see how this goes!
Old 03-27-2018, 10:41 PM
VKG-NJ
Track Day

Originally Posted by n8kruger
Here's The documentation from my CPO. It clearly states that scheduled maintenance will be performed within 2500 miles or if it was more than 10 months ago.Attachment 1277940
I just noticed that the check box for 2500 miles or... is not checked..perhaps they weee trying to get away with this.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:54 PM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a receipt for the maintenance performed including oil change and brake and hydraulic fluid changes. If you buy the car you should get similar documentation for up-to-date service.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:41 AM
rff15e
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

That is definitely BS - they can black out the previous customer information and leave the VIN.

Also - I wouldn't be surprised if most of the CPO checklist is simply pencil-whipped. There's a container on the top of the CPO checklist for the "vehicle kit" (compressor, tools, etc). Of course I didn't actually open up the kit when I bought the car. A month later, I opened it and.... it's missing most of the tools. The only thing it has is a towing hook, compressor, and tire sealant - I guess I should be thankful it has that.

Quick Reply: What should be covered in CPO?