Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

>>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,257 Likes on 465 Posts

I think the choice of black wheels will go very well with the T's white bodywork and the 'black' sunroof.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,312 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Anyone else own a base .2 Carrera have time with the T. I have been hearing conflicting stories between the two. I have an open changeable allocation for another week. Trying to decide if I come back over from Ferrari for a little bit.
Whatcha want to know?

My take is only my take, but I drove my 991.2 Carrera 7MT to the airport after 3400~ miles in the car, boarded a plane to go drive a Carrera T on great roads, and then flew home to the Carrera. My take, at least without driving them back to back same day: The T has only a few immediately obvious differences in driving terms: 1) really nice (!) short shifter, 2) a bit more noise (but it isn't night and day), and 3) rear diff/PTV. To my surprise, the Sport PASM just didn't feel that different to me...the basic PASM setup has become more sporting with the .2 imo while the Sport PASM has clearly become more comfortable. That fits with what I've heard were the .2 suspension objectives due to customer feedback (customers like the ride height drop with Sport PASM, mainly, but still want a nice ride).

The rest of the T, in my view, really comes down to trim. I view LSD as an advantage, but prefer to skip the electronic PTV in simpler cars (I like it in heavier/faster models) and no RAS in the T (again, a system I don't mind in heavier/faster models but would skip in a simple 991.2). I don't care for PSE, either, but if you like PSE, want Sport PASM, want access to 918 bucket seats, want access to RAS, and like the various T trim and available colors, the T is compelling as a model that's a bit more "special"—but mostly in marketing terms imo. What the T isn't is a GT4, Boxster Spyder, etc.—I think of it as a far, far, far better runout model in place of the old Black Edition. Viewed in that light, the color selection even looks generous.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:13 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Whatcha want to know?

My take is only my take, but I drove my 991.2 Carrera 7MT to the airport after 3400~ miles in the car, boarded a plane to go drive a Carrera T on great roads, and then flew home to the Carrera. My take, at least without driving them back to back same day: The T has only a few immediately obvious differences in driving terms: 1) really nice (!) short shifter, 2) a bit more noise (but it isn't night and day), and 3) rear diff/PTV. To my surprise, the Sport PASM just didn't feel that different to me...the basic PASM setup has become more sporting with the .2 imo while the Sport PASM has clearly become more comfortable. That fits with what I've heard were the .2 suspension objectives due to customer feedback (customers like the ride height drop with Sport PASM, mainly, but still want a nice ride).

The rest of the T, in my view, really comes down to trim. I view LSD as an advantage, but prefer to skip the electronic PTV in simpler cars (I like it in heavier/faster models) and no RAS in the T (again, a system I don't mind in heavier/faster models but would skip in a simple 991.2). I don't care for PSE, either, but if you like PSE, want Sport PASM, want access to 918 bucket seats, want access to RAS, and like the various T trim and available colors, the T is compelling as a model that's a bit more "special"—but mostly in marketing terms imo. What the T isn't is a GT4, Boxster Spyder, etc.—I think of it as a far, far, far better runout model in place of the old Black Edition. Viewed in that light, the color selection even looks generous.
Thanks for the write up. So for you there isn't really any significant difference between it and the base .2. Was really hoping it was more focused street weapon like a mini R. I just drove a base again yesterday and that does not make me want to take the leap out of my F for it. If the T isn't more involved I guess I will pass on it. Now don't get me wrong I like the .2 a lot it just doesn't elicit the same excitement that my F currently does.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:27 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,312 Likes on 610 Posts

^ T is a bit more focused than Carrera, but not more focused than, say, a Carrera S with Sport PASM and similar seats, steering wheel, etc.

What it isn't is a mini-R or GT3 Touring lite or GT4...at least that's how I see it. If you are looking for Ferrari engagement in a Carrera T, I suspect it would disappoint—but YMMV!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:53 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by stout
^ T is a bit more focused than Carrera, but not more focused than, say, a Carrera S with Sport PASM and similar seats, steering wheel, etc.

What it isn't is a mini-R or GT3 Touring lite or GT4...at least that's how I see it. If you are looking for Ferrari engagement in a Carrera T, I suspect it would disappoint—but YMMV!

Hi Pete. Having taken ownership of my T now, I'd completely agree with you on your above comments and those you've made previously. Much as I love the new car, even I must agree that it is mostly a clever and tasteful marketing excercise by Porsche. I love that it's a special edition (but not in the R or GT car mould) and that there won't be that many around. I love its unique features inside & out. And after only 125 miles so far, I love how it drives and how it makes me feel.

My T is my sole car and will be a daily driver, probably doing 17k to 18k miles per year. If I wanted a weekend toy for fun and occasional tracking, I would have specced it differently - no rear seats, lightweight rear glass, buckets, PCCBs, RAS...

Making something more like a GT4 or GT3 would be more what CarAholic is looking for? Second hand 991.1 GT3s seem more reasonably priced in the US compared to over here in the UK.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:38 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

[Edited away the dumb question.. so let me ask another dumb question.]

Still getting used to the rear engined car. The front end feels a lot less engaged than I have been used to. Is this somewhat related to having PSP?

Last edited by BlackOptic; 04-11-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:12 PM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
[Edited away the dumb question.. so let me ask another dumb question.]

Still getting used to the rear engined car. The front end feels a lot less engaged than I have been used to. Is this somewhat related to having PSP?
Its all about weight distribution. Lighter front end means the steering feel is more subtle. You can push them really hard but you have to learn to drive it a bit differently.

1.Brake late and hard.
2. Off the brakes and turn in
3. Apex out on the throttle

here is a great video on 911 dynamics

Old 04-13-2018, 11:18 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Register # Country Status Date deliver(ed) Name/User Name VIN Color Gearbox Seats Wheels Packages Performance Audio Additional Description
1 US On Order Jun-18 tgavem PJNHGHY5 White 7MT LWB S None BOSE Full leather w red deviated stiching, red gauges
2 US On Order Aug-18 Rennolazine PJ851KQ2 GT Silver Metallic 7MT Standard S None FAL, RWS Standard Voice control
3 US On Order Aug-18 white6speed 7MT None Standard
4 US On Order May-18 alex_c GT Silver Metallic 7MT None BOSE
5 US On Order Sep-18 vtrich 7MT None Standard
6 US Delivered Apr-18 sjglaser White 7MT Standard S None FAL BOSE
7 UK On Order May-18 worldwidewebs Racing Yellow 7MT Standard S None BOSE
8 US Delivered Mar-18 911-TOUR WP0AA2A90JS106027 GT Silver Metallic 7MT Standard None RWS BOSE
9 US Delivered Mar-18 BlackOptic GT Silver Metallic 7MT LWB S None PSP, Chrono BOSE red gauges
10 US Delivered Mar-18 coolfido Black 7MT LWB S None RWS BOSE
11 US Delivered Apr-18 porshanut Guards Red 7MT Standard None BOSE
12 UK Delivered Apr-18 wingcommander Racing Yellow 7MT Standard None Chrono, Standard yellow stiching, heated steering, rear window defroster, auto dim mirrors
13 US On Order Apr-18 Blue Flame Miami Blue 7MT LWB S None PCCB Standard
14 US On Order May-18 russdc Black 7MT Standard S None Standard
15 US Delivered Mar-18 pep!RRRR Guards Red 7MT LWB S None RAS, Chrono, Burmaster LCA, Voice Control, PDLS
16 UK On Order May-18 Puf n Stuf White 7MT Adaptive Sport S None DAB Standard Leather w silver stiching
17 US Delivered Mar-18 k997 WP0AA2A97JS106039 Lava Orange 7MT LWB S None PCCB BOSE
18 US On Order May-18 JordanPryce White 7MT Standard S None RWS Standard
19 US On Order Jun-18 cyberay White 7MT Standard S None Standard
20 US On Order Jun-18 GT3 Nut Jet Black Metallic 7MT LWB Sport None RWS Standard
21 US On Order Jul-18 Cfroku Carrera White Metallic 7MT Standard S None RAS, FAL, Chrono Burmaster
22 CA On Order Jun-18 Sarawnty PJMJVI28 White 7MT Standard S None Chrono Standard
23 US On Order Jun-18 dcottam PJDZQF92 Miami Blue 7MT LWB S None PCCB, Standard Voice control
24 US On Order May-18 fueledbymetal Standard
25 US On Order May-18 G99x.y PJREHN29 GT Silver Metallic PDK Standard S None RAS, Standard Voice control
26 US On Order Jun-18 Fc6450 7MT LWB S None PCCB Standard
27 Delivered May-18 crand002 Miami Blue PDK LWB S None RAS, Chrono, Standard
28 Delivered May-18 .moo. White 7MT Standard S None Standard
Old 04-13-2018, 12:05 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

tgavem, presumably you'll update this following the survey ( here )? I did provide some of the other info. Heck, here is my build.

We are off for a wine-tasting-wife's-birthday weekend with friends. First road trip!!! Yeepee...

Old 04-13-2018, 12:11 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

I am loving the survey results... GT silver is pulling out ahead. Tho that yellow, and red, and white look daaaym hot.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:17 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Have a great night. I did use survey and the result is great. Hoping to get more owners to take it by showing my list.

You car looks great, we both did the full leather interiors with LWB and red dials. Look amazing and I cant wait for mine
Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Thanks for the update, tgavem. Mine has the full leather Carrera T interior with Racing Yellow stitching & seat belts etc.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:19 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

Folks that taken delivery of the T - Any of you guys have spec voice control, Bose & Chrono that end of having navigation? I took delivery of the car today and the very first thing I saw is I have navigation. However, I know for sure I did not spec navigation.

I just checked my configs (http://www.porsche-code.com/PJXPMIV8) and none of the option says it'll have navigation. I wonder if I got a freebie?
Old 04-14-2018, 04:24 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Congrats on getting the T!

In the U.K., if you have the PCM, it comes with sat nav as standard.

I believe the PCM is mandatory in the US?

Cheers,

Simon
Old 04-14-2018, 04:55 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Congrats on getting the T!

In the U.K., if you have the PCM, it comes with sat nav as standard.

I believe the PCM is mandatory in the US?

Cheers,

Simon
Cool! I did not know that. Yes I do have PCM (I guess through Bose package). I did not expect to have Nav but looks like it's a surprise nice to have option!

Quick Reply: >>The Official Porsche 991.2/911T Club<<Purist Driver's Car>>