Sponsored by:

leather damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 09:06 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmorritt
I had a very similar looking scratch. “ Blackrock leather n rich”. Small amount and rub it in with your finger. Leave it and come back later and message it more. It faded to almost gone. Next day rubbed some more and now it’s gone. Great product.
ordered. Easiest first option to try. Amazon says it will be here tomorrow. Still baffles me I can order something Saturday morning and get it Sunday. Amazon taking over the world!
Old 03-11-2018, 07:08 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Update - after reading this thread I decided to tackle it myself.
Got some 800 and 1500 grit sandpaper and lightly sanded the abrasions. Those smoothed out nicely with no discoloration.
Then I applied the recommended Blackrock Leather 'N Rich. That really has things smoothed out. The lines are still somewhat there but much improved. I am going to continue to work on it. Here is a before and after picture. After on the bottom. Very different lighting conditions as the after is in my garage with poor lighting on a rainy day but it is the same wheel. haha
With the position on the wheel I will never really see it and now can barely feel it. Satisfied with the progress.
Thanks for the tips in this thread.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:28 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the reference Wareaglescott. I have a similar situation on a CPO Macan GTS that I just picked up yesterday. There is a similar abrasion on the steering wheel right at about the 8 o'clock position. They have agreed to have their leather repair guy fix it, but given the weather this week in the northeast he didn't get there before I took delivery yesterday. They've given me a "We Owe" for that repair, but if I can satisfactorily improve that area (plus a couple of other scuffs that are making me a little crazy) on my own, then I've learned a new detailing skill that I can do myself. So that would mean adding another detailing skill to my toolkit, which is awesome! I just ordered some on Amazon as well, I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: leather damage