Remote Control for the OEM PSE on 991.2 4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 06:31 AM
watchrabbit
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Control for the OEM PSE on 991.2 4S

Hi everyone,

I am yet to break in my OEM PSE (600miles so far) but AFAIK, even then, the valves would close between 1500-4000RPM due to law enforcements. My Aston was the same, and I installed a remote control that allows me to keep them open all the time (and then close them if I want a longer, quieter journey) .
I am wondering about installing the same on my new Targa 4S. What I've learned so far is that such a remote control exists, but that installing it means removing the rear bumper ($$). Has anyone done it, is it worth the hassle or is the sound still muffed. On my V12 Aston, the muffling from the valves closing at 1500rpm was so pronounced that removing that resulted in a much more engaging drive in sync with the acceleration. But then again, that is a NA V12.
Thanks!Adrian
Old 03-10-2018, 08:12 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

This overrides the factory valve controller: https://www.cjponyparts.com/awe-swit...4aAhq3EALw_wcB

Also - east to disconnect PSE and get any cutout controller. I'd also have the dealer sunset that functionality with a PIWIZ.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:59 PM
watchrabbit
Track Day

I think I don't quite get it. Are you telling me that the dealer would be able to disable the valves closing via their tools? And, if the remote switch you linked would work for 991.2 too, how can I install it? Do I have to take the rear bumper down?
Old 03-11-2018, 07:06 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by watchrabbit
I think I don't quite get it. Are you telling me that the dealer would be able to disable the valves closing via their tools? And, if the remote switch you linked would work for 991.2 too, how can I install it? Do I have to take the rear bumper down?
The functionality can be done and it included on most aftermarket exhausts. Mine it IPe. The objective here is to swap the control unit and key fobs supplies by IPE with the OEM functionality of the PSE.

The confusion is in the operation under WOT. Dealer says with pSE off, the valves do not open automatically. Can anyone with PsE confirm? Does this depend on sport/sport plus mode?

also, what is the number of hours? Dealer says 5 hours to install just the vacuums lines and buttons on the console. That sound more like the labor cost for an entire PSE exhaust install.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:00 AM
watchrabbit
Track Day

I think that my problem is somehow different. I have the OEM PSE and as such, all the necessary buttons on the console. What I would like to have is a remote controller installed at the PSE that overrides the buttons and keeps the valves open all the times. My understanding is that even with the sport mode engaged, valves will still close within the mid rev range as to pass law regulations. Happy to take the key fob if that helps. But they quote me also an install time of 5 hours for just fitting the remote unit on the PSE which I think should be the time to install a full exhaust not a simple piggy back unit.

Quick Reply: Remote Control for the OEM PSE on 991.2 4S