Sponsored by:

Dyno Check in UK ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 09:42 PM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Could you two maybe just agree that if the shop has this super duper dyno and they have done plenty of P-cars on that they also know about the requirement to put the car in dyno mode or not? High end shops that would have this setup should know what they are doing without the need for the customer to bring his own supplemental device to make it work.
Agreed, its not even contentious - however, its worth noting these dynos were very much designed to counter the issues raised by R Rated and ensure all wheels are spinning at the same exact speed and behaving in the same manner - this is particularly an issue for PDK/PTVE cars etc. Each roller is electronically controlled and is fine tuned accordingly e.g. "Electronically-controlled synchronisation of the speed of the front and rear roller set for current and future drive concepts with active power distribution."

Originally Posted by R_Rated
You stated yourself that you've not personally been to a dyno, why don't you do that and if you can dyno your car on ANY dyno without entering the ECU and putting the car in Dyno mode, I will Paypal you $500usd pending a video in this thread of your car getting dynoed and a picture of this post in the video. That will more than cover your cost.
I answered the OPs question accurately and put him in touch with a very, very well respected group of people.

They and others have done this many times as demonstrated by the many printouts and videos. This is a very different world and a different order of technology specifically aimed at high end cars and their foibles. They clearly know how to do it (e.g. Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche etc). The results generated will have meaning and will answer the OPs question e.g. does he have an engine performance problem. He won't be left with "its a happy dyno" "hearbreaker dyno" type nonsense typical of the tuner scene.

The fact that I have not put my Porsche(s) on a dyno is immaterial - I have seen enough MAHA runs of Porsche sports cars to know its a non issue and understand that Porsche does not "under rate" its engine and know from experience that seat time and endless coaching delivers far better driver outcomes and thus car performance than any amount of dial up boost bragging rights tuning - thus from my perspective data logging is far, far, far more relevant and informative from a performance pov (and bench dynos are more relevant for other engines I own).

Your run on a MAHA dyno should be very informative (which series MAHA is important for all wheel control e.g. MSR500 AWD or above) - given it will show losses and thus be able to deliver AFWHP +/- 2% relative e.g. "MAHA towing power measurement guarantees the highest degree of accuracy when measuring power due to the precision calculation of the parasitic losses of the dynamometer, the vehicle's drive train and the tyre to roller friction and flex losses."

If more people did this there would be little debate about what engines actually deliver and what tuners really have to offer.

To the OP good luck - please post your result and I genuinely hope there is no issue with your engine.

Last edited by RRDnA; 02-20-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:29 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 68 Posts

I did mean to call Litchfield yesterday will do so today. Thanks again for the advice, I guess the answer to the longer debate (does the ECU need telling it's not on the road or not, or indeed need to know) will come from today's conversation !

Not sure whether I want to see 430hp or not !
Old 02-20-2018, 05:24 AM
RRDnA
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera2RS
I did mean to call Litchfield yesterday will do so today. Thanks again for the advice, I guess the answer to the longer debate (does the ECU need telling it's not on the road or not, or indeed need to know) will come from today's conversation !

Not sure whether I want to see 430hp or not !
Let us know how you go - they are a quality outfit.

Quick Reply: Dyno Check in UK ?