Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2018 991.2 GTS. My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 01:56 AM
Danish79
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of pics to help with your wait! Sorry the only interior shot I have right now was when I picked it up at the dealership and I put my little guy in the car!
Originally Posted by jdedeux
Thanks a lot! good to hear you are liking the spec so far. i'm also thinking of adding the extended leather for a bit more refinement and less plastic. i spent a lot of time looking at the LEDs, and i had a hard time justifying the cost. I had them on a Q7 and also tested them when i bought the X5 and they didnt make a big difference to me. will def. share pics--i dont know how you guys wait for these cars and not die in the process

Old 02-16-2018, 08:20 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Color...Was my second choice. Would add the heated seats. I live in So. Cal and have them....Great therapeudic device...warms my back up on my way to play golf. On chilly days it feels GREAT! Add some color on the inside....here are some options i have on my TARGA GTS! Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Interior 1.pdf (1.77 MB, 73 views)

Last edited by Werks 1; 02-16-2018 at 08:25 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 02-17-2018, 12:02 AM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

Great build!
​​​​​​I'd skip Bose, it is literal trash. Add light design and auto dimming mirrors as they're great low cost options.

Add heated seats, too. Just for resale value if anything.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:20 AM
BeepBeep88
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jdedeux

interesting. Didn’t see that as an option—even if free. Thanks for heads up! As for delivery, that’s what he said, but maybe he’s being overly positive. I really hope it’s not September and miss entire summer!!
ATTENTION ALL fall / winter delivery isn’t the end of the world as we know it. Just slap some winter or all season tires on her and your grin factor will be no less than if the thermometer wasn’t frozen. If the prospect of a winter delivery is stopping you (obviously not in your case but there’s others here) from pulling the trigger you’re just not ready yet to take the plung...

Honestly, and this going to sound really bad, my one regret was not getting the steering column in leather w deviated stitching to match the interior. It took me three months and 2,000 miles to realize this. Don’t bother with the fuse box and I can make an argument for the visors but you only notice when you touch them as they don’t interrupt your line of sight out of the vehicle.

Enjoy it!
Old 02-18-2018, 08:29 AM
jimburg2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First and Last 991.2

Hey, I'm getting ready to retire and have decided to fulfill my dream of owning a 911. It will be my second Porsche as I bought a Macan GTS in late 2016. The only thing I'm truly set on is that it will be a 991.2 GTS. Looking for some feedback on my proposed build sheet. Plan to put a deposit on this in the next month. Delivery in Massachusetts. It is a bit loaded, but since my one and only, really want configured for best performance. Many of these options I have on my Macan GTS and really like them. Thanks for the comments.

Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS
My configuration
2018 911 Carrera 4 GT
Exterior Color A7 Graphite Blue Metallic
Interior Color GQ Leather Interior in Black incl. Alcantara® GTS Package in Carmine Red
Packages P3J Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Alcantara® Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
Porsche Entry & Drive
Auto-Dimming Mirrors
Light Design Package
Seat Heating (Front)
Exterior CWJ "PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XEY LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
653 Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
XAT SportDesign Package Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Performance 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
031 Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) incl. PASM Sport Suspension (20 mm Lower)
470 Rear Axle Steering
Wheels 449 20" 911 Turbo S Wheels
Interior 088 GTS Interior Package
456 Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
457 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
583 Smoking Package
509 Fire Extinguisher
Interior Carbon Fiber XXD Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Audio and Communications QH1 Voice Control $0 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System
Old 02-18-2018, 03:40 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd recommend all leather seats rather than the Alcantara inserts and AC vented seats, but then I'm in Northern California and not Mass. Also, I really like the leather MF Sport steering wheel, I've heard some complaints on the Alcantara covered Steering wheel.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both leather steering wheels (GT3,GTS)and alcantara(GT4)
Personal preference. If you get the smooth leather wheel opt for the steering column casing in leather. It is a nice touch and not too pricey.
I got leather seating surface instead of alcantara in my 2018 GTS
Old 02-19-2018, 12:08 PM
jdedeux
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks 1
Great Color...Was my second choice. Would add the heated seats. I live in So. Cal and have them....Great therapeudic device...warms my back up on my way to play golf. On chilly days it feels GREAT! Add some color on the inside....here are some options i have on my TARGA GTS! Good Luck
Very nice...thanks for sharing. makes me confident about the alcantara choice.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:13 PM
jdedeux
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
Great build!
​​​​​​I'd skip Bose, it is literal trash. Add light design and auto dimming mirrors as they're great low cost options.

Add heated seats, too. Just for resale value if anything.
Thanks for the feedback...i drove a .2 recently with Bose and was actually impressed with the bass response and mids. maybe it was just me since i have no comparison to the base unit, but definitely sounded better than the bose in my X5 and Q7.
I did go ahead and add heated seats, auto dim, chrono in guards red and likely will add light design given the low cost. Still tinkering with additional leather, but i think i'm going to stick it out on alcantara. that said, i'm glad i went with leather for steering wheel and shifter.

everyone's feedback has been awesome...thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at steering column casing in leather on cars at dealer. You'll see it every time you drive. It's a nice option, really.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:38 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

BTW; you might want to think twice on the "adaptive" cruise control. I have it on my Toyota Highlander and on the highway it drives me nuts whenever someone cuts in front of me and it shuts down my speed until I'm far enough back to resume.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:50 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
BTW; you might want to think twice on the "adaptive" cruise control. I have it on my Toyota Highlander and on the highway it drives me nuts whenever someone cuts in front of me and it shuts down my speed until I'm far enough back to resume.
Yep, same on my Golf R. So frustrating, if people keep cutting in front of you, you'll just drop further and further back.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
I had it on my last 991S and LOVED it. Very precise, worked much better than on my wife's new GMC Yukon XL (which isn't bad, just not as good). You can adjust the distance between you and the driver in front of you. Works great in light or moderate traffic on long trips. I liked it so much, I ordered it on my incoming GTS.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane

I had it on my last 991S and LOVED it. Very precise, worked much better than on my wife's new GMC Yukon XL (which isn't bad, just not as good). You can adjust the distance between you and the driver in front of you. Works great in light or moderate traffic on long trips. I liked it so much, I ordered it on my incoming GTS.
On my Macan S. Very cool and actually creates a safety buffer for those less-than-attentive moments. Regret not getting on my 2018 C4S Cab. Just didn't want to spring for the additional $$'s

Quick Reply: New 2018 991.2 GTS. My first Porsche