tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

That's a great spec.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 103 Posts

Thx guys. As with many previous cars, I've already started lining up stuff for it before taking delivery:

T-design phone mount ... check
Skene front plate mount ... check
Tinting ... still considering options
Old 02-15-2018, 12:20 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Congrats on the find - very well optioned with those rims and PSE.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:27 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Congratulations.

I was going to add to the original debate that you should look at the black/garnet interior. I had a loaner for a week with that configuration and while it's striking and I liked it at first, after a few days, it wore on me and by the end of the week, was kind of annoying. I think it's a love it leave it kind of interior choice that could impact your long term enjoyment of the vehicle.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:07 PM
Pinger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI Steve - I think you must be in the Ottawa area... if so, I was looking at that same 2013. I opted for a 2018 Cayman GTS, which should get here (Sask) late-March.

It sounds like you've moved on from the 2013 C4S - I think you put a deposit on a 991.2. Despite being an amazing build and immaculately kept, I thought the 2013 C4S was a little overpriced... I've had a 2017 C2S for a while, so test drove a local 2013 C2S to compare, and couldn't believe the difference in low-end power between the NA 3.8 engines and the new 3.0 TT. Not to get into the debate-from-hell about NA engines (sound versus low end power, etc.), it would be very difficult for me to go back to the NA engines. Lots of other considerations like budget, features, etc., but would recommend that you drive both to determine which you like better... they feel like fundamentally different cars to me.

Also, I noticed the 991.2 you put a deposit on has PASM sport suspension (20 mm lower)... assuming you're in Ottawa, snow drifts/ruts may be an issue. I had PASM sport suspension on another 911 a few years ago, and found it scraped here and there.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2018, 04:57 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinger
HI Steve - I think you must be in the Ottawa area... if so, I was looking at that same 2013. I opted for a 2018 Cayman GTS, which should get here (Sask) late-March.

It sounds like you've moved on from the 2013 C4S - I think you put a deposit on a 991.2. Despite being an amazing build and immaculately kept, I thought the 2013 C4S was a little overpriced... I've had a 2017 C2S for a while, so test drove a local 2013 C2S to compare, and couldn't believe the difference in low-end power between the NA 3.8 engines and the new 3.0 TT. Not to get into the debate-from-hell about NA engines (sound versus low end power, etc.), it would be very difficult for me to go back to the NA engines. Lots of other considerations like budget, features, etc., but would recommend that you drive both to determine which you like better... they feel like fundamentally different cars to me.

Also, I noticed the 991.2 you put a deposit on has PASM sport suspension (20 mm lower)... assuming you're in Ottawa, snow drifts/ruts may be an issue. I had PASM sport suspension on another 911 a few years ago, and found it scraped here and there.

Good luck!
Yup, born and raised in O-town. I too felt the 2013 was priced high and frankly, felt I'd be happier with a newer build/ technology. As far as power delivery is concerned, I'm sure I would have been happy with the 2013's power especially compared to the power my 981 puts down but figure I'll be happier with the add'l torque in the medium to long range. I have an S3 for winter use so the 991 will not be used for "plowing snow". Also my 981 sits on H&R springs and has less clearance than a 991.2 SPASM has so I'm not concerned. Congrats on the Cayman GTS - Loved the drive of the car especially on the track (base and S) but decided against it for a couple reasons: 40+ years of pining for a 911 and I wanted a sunroof.

Last edited by Stevelev; 02-15-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Pinger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Yup, born and raised in O-town. I too felt the 2013 was priced high and frankly, felt I'd be happier with a newer build/ technology. As far as power delivery is concerned, I'm sure I would have been happy with the 2013's power especially compared to the power my 981 puts down but figure I'll be happier with the add'l torque in the medium to long range. I have an S3 for winter use so the 991 will not be used for "plowing snow". Also my 981 sits on H&R springs and has less clearance than a 991.2 SPASM has so I'm not concerned. Congrats on the Cayman GTS - Loved the drive of the car especially on the track (base and S) but decided against it for a couple reasons: 40+ years of pining for a 911 and I wanted a sunroof.
Thanks, yeah really looking forward to the GTS... the Cayman really is a different animal.

All the best with the 911 - like you, I've had a life-long connection/attraction to that car. I imagine I'll have some fun with the Cayman, and likely end up back at a 911 at some point. I don't think you can go wrong with the one you've lined up, it's beautiful. Look forward to seeing pics on delivery day!

Quick Reply: 2013 MT or 2016 PDK for $5k more ?