Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Landed Carrera T pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 09:50 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

I stand corrected. You CAN get the tex on the base. Not sure why I thought that. It looks different texture in the photo.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:38 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 361 Likes on 121 Posts

Last week while traveling I had a chance to take a look at the Sport Tex interior and I was really surprised (pleasantly) at how sturdy the material feels. It feels almost like it is made with similar stuff than the seatbelts. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I think that the Sport Tex would outlast the life of leather, which was my main concern in another thread. I don't think that this material will show tear and wear any time soon, keeping the interior looking like new longer.

All in all, extremely happy to have gone with the full leather T interior in Red with Sport Tex!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:49 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

Okay - photos...these are pre-delivery photos (e.g. car not completely prepped) and the lighting was terrible, and I'm using a really old iPhone. I'll take better ones after delivery. discussion to follow. Enjoy!

Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Okay Friends, first impressions:

(1) The car has great presence. It was parked directly behind a CGT and a brand new GT3 and it easily held its own. I think the GT silver really works -- and the T maybe even more imposing when it's dirty!

(2) The interior quality is outstanding. Most of the photos are of the interior as I haven't seen much detail from other posts yet. The red sport-tex seats are super high quality, and the red deviated stiching really pops in person. I knew it would be nice, but I was honestly blown away. It's so clever and retro-modern in a way that will never go out-of-style. It's completely beyond my expectations.

(3) If you look carefully you'll notice I had a little "custom" work done by the techs today - The only thing I just wasn't 100% on about the car was the shiny painted dash/gearshift trim and the silver steering wheel inserts. I knew based on 100s of Rennlist threads that CXX was going to be a PITA - so I sourced parts independently and had the team at my dealer do the work today. They installed black steering wheel inserts (without the faux screws) and the black aluminum trim and gear-lever surround. Special thanks to Pete Stout on the brushed aluminium as his review in Europe this winter clued me into this piece and I couldn't be more pleased with the choice. These photos don't do it justice.

(4) The Agate grey wheels on GT silver are outstanding. The look is unique, sporty, and hard to describe. It works so well with the side stripe and the mirrors on GT silver.

(5) The lightweight glass doesn't feel flimsy or plasticy at all. I took a pick of the vendor - hopefully this will help someone down the line. Not sure it really does much for the weight - but its a cool peice. I couldn't really capture the minor distortion, but it's a neat bit of detail.

(6) Fire extinguisher...yeah! Fits in really well with the red accents in the interior. Will see how the wife likes it :-)

Finally - coming from air-cooled cars from the '73T, '83SC, '90C2, and '95C2 - I have to say that my initial impression is that the car immediately "feels" like part of the family. It has the vibe of the '93 RS America I should have bought combined with the retro interior aesthetic of the '73T. I never expected to sell my 993 - but it was the design of the T that drew me in (the performance of the new Carrera's is gravey IMHO) - and I'm thrilled to say that it lives up to every one of my expectations in that regard. The marketing pics, youtube videos, Pete's review (especially!) and the Porsche configurator are amazing, but the product in the flesh is, in no uncertain terms, EVEN BETTER. I can't wait to drive it!

That's all for now...will post some more review once I get some seat time in the next few weeks. Feel free to shoot me your questions! I'll answer what I can.

cheers!

Last edited by 911-TOUR; 02-28-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:04 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Congrats man!!! I was going to mention the red accents and black trim look amazing even without noticing your second post. Enjoy
Old 02-28-2018, 12:43 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Talking

WOW!!! That looks FANTASTIC!

It's funny because I tried to go the CXX route and asked for exactly the same thing: Black brushed aluminum trim like GTS and was told it was a no-go. I was wondering how you did it until I read your post. Great idea to do a retrofit if CXX didn't work.

I didn't know you could change the steering wheel inserts like that. It looks killer!

It does look outstanding. Now I have a very good idea of how mine will look like now, as I also ordered the GT Silver with the red T interior. This will be indeed a future classic!

With your Porsche experience and background I really look forward to reading your driving impressions.

Once again congratulations!!!

Now, I need to get a towel as I just drooled all over my keyboard
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
(3) If you look carefully you'll notice I had a little "custom" work done by the techs today - The only thing I just wasn't 100% on about the car was the shiny painted dash/gearshift trim and the silver steering wheel inserts. I knew based on 100s of Rennlist threads that CXX was going to be a PITA - so I sourced parts independently and had the team at my dealer do the work today. They installed black steering wheel inserts (without the faux screws) and the black aluminum trim and gear-lever surround. Special thanks to Pete Stout on the brushed aluminium as his review in Europe this winter clued me into this piece and I couldn't be more pleased with the choice. These photos don't do it justice.
Can you share where you source the parts? the brush aluminum trims and the steering wheel trims. Love the look!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:09 AM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by .moo.
Can you share where you source the parts? the brush aluminum trims and the steering wheel trims. Love the look!
Your dealer can order them.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:38 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 596 Posts

Okay - photos...these are pre-delivery photos (e.g. car not completely prepped) and the lighting was terrible, and I'm using a really old iPhone. I'll take better ones after delivery. discussion to follow. Enjoy!

Wow. The car looks grrrrrrreat. Love the dash—makes the interior. Not that the other calls don't make it, as well.

This car is very, very close to how I would have done one, and the GT Silver is brilliant on the T.

Congrats!!!

pete
Old 02-28-2018, 02:50 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 434 Posts

Looks amazing! Thanks for taking the time to post these pics and your initial impressions. I look forward to more...
Old 02-28-2018, 03:01 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

One word: HAWT!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:48 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
One word: HAWT!
reminds me of a nicely tailored suit
Old 02-28-2018, 08:48 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

The car in silver looks so sweet. The interior does look amazing.

Please share details of what color the trim work is. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Here's a T I saw 2 weeks ago with the GT Silver leather interior pkg....

Side logo delete.... regular glass due to the sunroof option.

This has the GT Sport front fascia too.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:26 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bossing
Here's a T I saw 2 weeks ago with the GT Silver leather interior pkg....

Side logo delete.... regular glass due to the sunroof option. This has the GT Sport front fascia too.

Just curious about how do you know that the Sunroof eliminates the Light Weight Glass?

Quick Reply: Landed Carrera T pics