Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear License Plate Mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

The plate needs to be on the car all the time when street-driven, so I question the utility of this though admire the effort. What is really needed is a way to easily remove the plate so that a tow hook can be installed for track driving. If you r&r the screws holding the plate to the bumper too many times, the plastic threads will wear out or strip.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:42 AM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 538 Posts

Are these still being offered?
Old 12-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Are these still being offered?
Contact Tom here: tomatlarge@yahoo.com
Old 03-10-2020, 02:22 PM
NJTrojan
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Amalgamated Tom
Hi All, thanks for the continued interest in these license plate mounts. I'm happy to save so many bumpers from the drill! I've been charging $40 a set (shipped, with screws) since late summer, though someone just pointed out that I may not have updated this thread with that price. Apologies for that (I thought I had). After shipping costs and materials, I'm still essentially donating my time for the good of the bumpers. For those who want a set, you can short circuit the process a bit by sending me your PayPal address when you PM me. That way, I can get you an invoice without delay. Thanks!
Hi Tom!
I hope you are still selling these mounts. I just traded in my amazing 2007 Porsche turbo for a beautiful 991.2 GT3 (guards red). I was hoping I might purchase a set of your mounts to avoid any further drilling into the vehicle. I've read your thread and love your ingenuity with these mounts! I am also new to the forum, so still figuring out how to message and move about. So apologize for the post instead of DM.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:27 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 538 Posts

Got mine and they were installed in like 10 minutes. Top quality
Old 03-12-2020, 02:10 PM
NJTrojan
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Amalgamated Tom
Yes! Happy to make you a set. I think you need 3 posts on rennlist to send me a private message. What color would you like? The red isn't as deep red as guards, but blends better than black. That said, you can't see them with the plate on, so mostly not important. Some people like them to stick out less when they remove the plate for the track (to expose the tow hook as required by track rules).
Thanks, Tom! I just saw this...also just saw your email in a couple posts above, so you'll see an email from me there as well. Do you have a picture of the red ones? I am thinking that might be the way to go, but wanted to double check the color differential. Thanks again.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:32 PM
NJTrojan
3rd Gear

Just seeing how the black looked on the lime green car earlier in the thread...I think I'll just go with the black! Looks great
Old 05-25-2020, 03:47 PM
Redlinerobert
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 119 Posts

Received my plate mount from Tom a few weeks ago and finally took the time to install them. Top notch quality, and installation was a snap.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I have had them for a while and it almost makes the plate look like it is floating, and water does not accumulate behind it or obstruct the rear camera (before someone asks).
Old 05-25-2020, 10:33 PM
AG GTS
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree, I was concerned that the Arizona heat would cause the 3M adhesive tape to fail, so far so good. I even bought some for my oldest son’s Golf R and youngest sons GTI. Nice work by Tom. He is very easy and relatable to do business with.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:46 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I wish he made them for all makes and models!
Old 06-16-2020, 03:56 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi All!
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great guy Tom is!
I have a 2013 C2S and got a set of these mounts from Tom several months back and just got around to installing them. When I put the mounts against the bumper just to do a dry fit, they didn't sit flush against the bumper. Come to find out the circular bosses the mount fits over was larger on my car (measured at 11mm vs 8mm on the mounts) Called Tom and after measuring and discussing he made me some new larger ones and mailed them to me. The new ones fit perfect and look great. What a great guy and was wanting to make it right and it wasn't even anything he did wrong. Who does this anymore!!!! We don't know the reason my circular bosses were larger or when Porsche changed them. He seems to think all after 2017 fit fine, but not sure. If ya have a early 991.1, ya should measure.
So the purpose of this is to thank Tom for everything AND to pay it forward! If someone wants these great mounts, I'll be glad to offer them for free including shipping to lower U.S. Just let me know and first come first served!
Hope I can help someone else out. Thanks again Tom....really appreciated your help!
Rob
The following users liked this post:
Icebreaker (06-16-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 02:22 PM
minh
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GraSox
Hi All!
Just wanted to let everyone know what a great guy Tom is!
I have a 2013 C2S and got a set of these mounts from Tom several months back and just got around to installing them. When I put the mounts against the bumper just to do a dry fit, they didn't sit flush against the bumper. Come to find out the circular bosses the mount fits over was larger on my car (measured at 11mm vs 8mm on the mounts) Called Tom and after measuring and discussing he made me some new larger ones and mailed them to me. The new ones fit perfect and look great. What a great guy and was wanting to make it right and it wasn't even anything he did wrong. Who does this anymore!!!! We don't know the reason my circular bosses were larger or when Porsche changed them. He seems to think all after 2017 fit fine, but not sure. If ya have a early 991.1, ya should measure.
So the purpose of this is to thank Tom for everything AND to pay it forward! If someone wants these great mounts, I'll be glad to offer them for free including shipping to lower U.S. Just let me know and first come first served!
Hope I can help someone else out. Thanks again Tom....really appreciated your help!
Rob
just got around to installing mine too. originally ordered for my black 911 T but never got around to installing them. traded the black T for miami blue T (should have been more patient first time around). on the new T the dealer used plastic drywall anchors as it looked like the holes were too large for the “OEM” screws. luckily i never installed these in the black T. bonuses: it covers up the unsightly holes and lifts the plate so the bottom of the plate doesn’t touch the bumper.

The following users liked this post:
ZerOG (06-24-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 08:19 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm glad the brackets are still available, I just ordered a set. I accidentally stripped a couple of the screw holes when mounting my plate multiple times so these will help.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 PM
dj_dub
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 21 Posts

These look great! Emailing you now to place an order!

Quick Reply: Rear License Plate Mount