Sponsored by:

How do I know I have a real allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 10:08 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SBARacing
The best proof is calling PNA and verifying with a first/last and contact number.
Your data will show up in their systems as soon as you have a singed build and deposit.
Does lighting it on fire first make it more official?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:23 PM
ducstar
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanley Park
When I was trying to understand how the Porsche allocation system worked last year I came across this short article (http://www.askporschecalgary.com/ord...nd-production/) by a Canadian Porsche dealer. It was written about four years ago and it may not be applicable where you live but it does offer some insight into the workings of the system for that dealer. Maybe it is similar in other jurisdictions. When I bought my car last year, it was explained to me that three previous buyers were ahead of me at my dealership who were all waiting for their 911 allocations. My experience in ordering and waiting was pretty much consistent with the process described by the article. Maybe this will help with the insight that you are looking for.
This is helpful. Thanks
Old 01-30-2018, 01:05 AM
seffeed
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Similar experience. I went back and forth between three dealers. Two wanted a deposit before they would even start looking for an allocation. The one I placed a deposit with had a real allocation with a set delivery date. He gave me a commission number on the spot.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:47 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 459 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by seffeed
Similar experience. I went back and forth between three dealers. Two wanted a deposit before they would even start looking for an allocation. The one I placed a deposit with had a real allocation with a set delivery date. He gave me a commission number on the spot.
Sometimes a dealer doesn't have an allocation and must trade (negotiate with) another dealer to get an allocation for you. In this case, they will ask you for a deposit first to insure your genuine interest before going to the time and trouble of getting the allocation. This is normal.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:53 PM
seffeed
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Sometimes a dealer doesn't have an allocation and must trade (negotiate with) another dealer to get an allocation for you. In this case, they will ask you for a deposit first to insure your genuine interest before going to the time and trouble of getting the allocation. This is normal.

yes that’s one way to look at it
Old 02-02-2018, 12:44 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Been in similar shoes, dealer got back to me saying "porsche approved my build and its going in today"... What does this mean exactly?? Does that mean its going to be built soon? Am i suppose to be expecting dates soon? Does that mean i have an allocation?
Old 02-02-2018, 04:08 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
It's pretty sad to think a dealer would take a deposit knowing that they could not order the car for you.

How often does this practice occur?
BMW did this to my wife when she ordered her M4 conv.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:06 AM
dman2112
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is happening to me right now. I'm trying to get my deposit back from Flemington Porsche in Flemington, NJ. Played games with my allocation for a Panamera and lost it. Now the salesperson cant tell me anything.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:20 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 535 Posts

I agree that that it shouldn’t be this difficult but from I have read on the forum and some personal experience, some dealers are just not totally up front. Good luck.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:25 AM
dman2112
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes. Morris County. Jersey in general is "dirty" so I'm not really surprised. I have purchases out of state (2018 991.2) from Auto palace in Pittsburgh was honest with me and told me (they are a small dealer) that they wont have a Panamera allo for several months and he doesn't have one to bargain with. Thank you for the tip. I'm going to see what they have.

Quick Reply: How do I know I have a real allocation?