SIRIUS XM renewal

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 09:33 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by marchitect
FWIW I just renewed for one year of Sirius XM Select for $72,84
Is that price all-in including tax and fees?? Would they take a check or did they require a credit card??
Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

I didn't read through all of these pages but, I have the answers as I have been doing the same thing for the last 5 years on 6 cars..

Sirius used to auto bill and a good percentage would just pay the price. Many would call in and threaten to cancel which they would turn over to a different department who would offer all sorts of deals.
Now, by law, they must inform you BEFORE the plan expires and then they can bill you. It never used to be that way, you would just get hit with a bill or charge and have to dispute it.

A few points to remember:
1. Do not pay via Credit Card. If they have it on file they will bang it causing you more headaches. ALWAYS pay via check
2. Do not agree to pay the initial renewal fee. On occasion, you will get a poker playing rep who will let you follow through with your threat to cancel. Do it or hang up and call back. The next rep will give it up.
3. Sirius is low quality, compressed crap. If you want high quality sound then streaming is the way to go. Apple Music, Spotify, etc. But, for fast, easy music or talk radio/news it cant be beat. I use both.

I just renewed another car for 5 months unlimited everything and paid $39.92 including taxes. Never heard of a better deal. The poster above who paid $72.84 did not have the unlimited package.
Basically for $8 a month you have everything they offer. If its worth it to you or not is a personal choice. No better deals I have found..
Old 02-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by marchitect
FWIW I just renewed for one year of Sirius XM Select for $72,84
I guess you mean before taxes, service charges and fees otherwise you are below the unheard of $5/month mark.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:22 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by rowsey
what rate are you guys getting now on SIRIUS "ALL ACCESS" renewal after the 3 month trial? If you got a good rate, how did you get it? THANKS
I decided to permanently cancel sirius. They would offer me a deal, then when renewal came they would charge me full price automatically on my credit card without notice. They never told me the price they gave me was for a year only. So I cancelled my subscription, which was convenient because my credit card number had changed... and they would beg me to come back with a ''special offer''.

no thanks. I still get emails from them ''we miss you''. **** off.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockrdude
I decided to permanently cancel sirius. They would offer me a deal, then when renewal came they would charge me full price automatically on my credit card without notice. They never told me the price they gave me was for a year only. So I cancelled my subscription, which was convenient because my credit card number had changed... and they would beg me to come back with a ''special offer''.

no thanks. I still get emails from them ''we miss you''. **** off.
This is a YOU problem. Your contract is clear on length and call to cancel.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:44 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gary JR
This is a YOU problem. Your contract is clear on length and call to cancel.
I absolutely agree with you, it was my fault for not reading the contract terms and assuming the rate would be until cancellation.

However the sales tactics were still dishonest, they knew I was only renewing because of the rate they were giving me... why would I go back to paying 20$ can a month after that when our whole discussion on the phone was based
on the fact that I was not willing to pay this much in the first place. Had they said it was for a year only I would have not bothered, and they knew this.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:55 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Sirius is such a shady company, I ended up canceling for all my 4 cars and just use music streaming services from my phone now. Much better sound quality than Sirius XM, too.

Since I go through cars faster than I go through underwear I keep getting calls and mail from Sirius, in all kinds of different types of envelopes trying to trick me into opening them. They seriously send hundreds of envelopes to me every year, and I've had to block multiple of their spam call numbers. I just won't support a company that has to resort to those types of practices.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by reacher
Sirius is such a shady company, I ended up canceling for all my 4 cars and just use music streaming services from my phone now. Much better sound quality than Sirius XM, too.

Since I go through cars faster than I go through underwear I keep getting calls and mail from Sirius, in all kinds of different types of envelopes trying to trick me into opening them. They seriously send hundreds of envelopes to me every year, and I've had to block multiple of their spam call numbers. I just won't support a company that has to resort to those types of practices.
exactly 👍🏻
Old 02-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by rowsey
what rate are you guys getting now on SIRIUS "ALL ACCESS" renewal after the 3 month trial? If you got a good rate, how did you get it? THANKS
If you tell them you want to cancel, you'll be amazed at how the rates plummet. Don't pay more than 5 bucks a month. I think I have about 20 numbers I've blocked on my phone from these clowns calling me night and day.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rockrdude

However the sales tactics were still dishonest, they knew I was only renewing because of the rate they were giving me... why would I go back to paying 20$ can a month after that when our whole discussion on the phone was based
on the fact that I was not willing to pay this much in the first place. Had they said it was for a year only I would have not bothered, and they knew this.

Perfectly fine with me. People who do not pay attention and pay full price keep the overall prices down. The more savvy among us can take advantage.

Love when that happens.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts

They are shady as crap...I purchased a lifetime subscription 10 years ago and they tried not to honor it....claimed it was by the device not the subscriber. As a point of reference, If your radio is stolen they will program your subscription deal to the new radio.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:15 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

I canceled after probably 15 years or before XM bought Siris. They are bogus, now hurting after all GM products had a free sat radio with a 1 year subscription. Under no circumstances give them a credit card number. You will regret that. They are really stupid as the writer before this post canceled 4 cars and I did the same. .99 cents per month for life may get me back.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:16 AM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Perfectly fine with me. People who do not pay attention and pay full price keep the overall prices down. The more savvy among us can take advantage.

Love when that happens.
The prices will not go down if everyone ends up cancelling 🤣
Old 02-26-2019, 11:18 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

I have done many renewals for many cars for many years. I have it down to calling to cancel, getting new deal options, choosing one and done in 2-3 minutes.

I don't even get passed to Retention Dept. anymore.

Btw how does this work out for the company? Subscribers and stock price up year after year.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:24 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

All their deals now demand your credit card, that is new and telling. Life is too short to argue over multiple cars, multiple times a year and then deal with your credit card when there are so many other options.

Quick Reply: SIRIUS XM renewal