Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS stuck in Port if Houston

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018 | 11:15 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Congrats. Im glad you got it and all that was for naught.

One of the few reasons that I would order a 911 (vs a Corvette) this go around is to get it in Miami Blue.
Old 01-25-2018 | 04:58 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Nice. Love the rear wiper. My dealer just got a GT3 in riv blue. They must paint PTS colors together (I have suspected this for a while). My favorite of the light blues. Wish I could find a 993 in that color ....

edit: love the leather dash trim in place of the Aluminium. I ordered that on my car. Now only if my car would get released from port. Been there 24 days.
I plan on driving this 911 a lot and even in the rain lol. What's funny is, before I ordered the 911 I thought they all came with a rear wiper. It wasn't until a year ago (when I was getting serious about ordering one) saw that it was optional. Then the dealer was like "are you sure about the wiper?" Just seemed like a no brainer to me lol

Also I didn't get the leather interior package, just has standard dark aluminum trim in the GTS. Which is fantastic IMO

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Looks great. I love the exterior/interior color combo. Very unique!
My SA thought it would look awesome, the sales manager thought I was blind lol. I'm very happy with the Riviera Blue/Red Interior

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Any idea why it has been at the port so long?
Apparently just the weather, I looked over it for almost an hour before it went in for the PDI/Detailing. Couldn't find any evidence of a problem.

Originally Posted by crbiker
Beautiful! I'm a big fan of Riviera Blue.
When I was a kid, the 993 debuted with Riviera Blue and it's been my favorite color ever since

Originally Posted by TexasRider
Congrats. Im glad you got it and all that was for naught.

One of the few reasons that I would order a 911 (vs a Corvette) this go around is to get it in Miami Blue.
I will say that you have to look at Miami Blue in person if you haven't already. Next to my Riviera Blue 911 (a Macan Turbo PTS) and overcast skies, it looked extremely green (Like Jacksonville Jaguars green). Let me see if I can dig up a picture
Old 01-25-2018 | 05:58 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

I saw the MB on a Cayman S at the dealer ( actually a 120K Cayman S . . . uhh yeah ). And I liked it but it was also under the dealer showroom lights.

Yeah - -I'd drop the Corvette idea like a hot rock for a deal on a 2010 GT3 in Riveria or the Maritime blue.

Quick Reply: GTS stuck in Port if Houston