Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

Shipping reference about Houston is someone can translate

http://www.pwl.de/misc/filePush.php?...t_Schedule.pdf
Old 01-18-2018, 09:55 PM
OC 991
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No worries, there's always something that takes time.
Even when the car arrives it has to be inspected, prepped, suspension blocks removed, possible ecu updates, un wrapped, detailed etc, etc.
Your financials will be cleared during that time.

On the other hand... when I ordered my C4S 991 I had to wait an agonizing 10 months for it to get to the port...
Once there they were holding all the PDCC 991's for a program upgrade.
OK are you sitting down... my car was held at the port for.... 6 WEEKS
I'm sure this won't be the case with you, just my anecdotal experience.

After 1 I was freaking out... no news, no explanation... nothing.
After 2 weeks I started getting mad...
After 3 weeks, I was able to speak to someone at the mothership (in the office of my dealer with the GM placing the call).
and got an explanation...

Instead of doing thousands of cars all over north america at the dealer whiteout tech trained for it PAG send their own techs from Germany to the port and fix the PDCC issues (at the port they are still the property go PAG)
Not enough qualified techs and a whole lot of ports to cover (this was word wide).

At week 5, I'd had enough and I canceled my order... with the clear understanding I would NEVER buy a Porsche again!

The same day, the dealer (frustrated as well) arranged to have my (plus 7 other clients) cars plucked out of the port holding lot (outside in the snow at -25C for 5 weeks!) and transported them to the dealer.

Week 6 it arrived and before the car was prepped a PAG tech flew in to do the PDCC upgrade on said cars.
Anyway...That was the first batches of 991 with wide-body cab PDCC and they were still dealing with issues, that is no longer the case.
Unless there are other issues with the 991.2 we don't know about and PAG is fixing on the fly.

I'm sure you'll be fine though, haven't heard anything along those lines with the 991.2
Other than the whole diesel-gate trickle-down causing a stoppage of US import... but that's over now.

The wait will make THIS 911 all the more special, guaranteed!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:08 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

As far as your 10 day hold for a certified check goes, that sounds excessive. My deposit went on credit card and I paid balance with personal out of state check when I picked up my GTS. Dealer protected itself by not sending certificate of origin (needed for my title and registration) until check cleared.

Good luck getting your Porsche.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:50 AM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No vehicles or work done at the port until today. Even that was limited because it was in the 30's for us today. We had snow and ice so all were asked to stay home and off the roads for two days ( yes we are a tropical climate only city) Things will start to get back to normal tomorrow but we still have snow and ice on the roofs here. This is a VERY big deal for us. Patience as it should start moving soon.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
No vehicles or work done at the port until today. Even that was limited because it was in the 30's for us today. We had snow and ice so all were asked to stay home and off the roads for two days ( yes we are a tropical climate only city) Things will start to get back to normal tomorrow but we still have snow and ice on the roofs here. This is a VERY big deal for us. Patience as it should start moving soon.
Can you say if there is a "normal" time period the car spends at the port? I understand weather or other circumstances can affect things but if everything goes as planned how long is it normally from unloading off the ship until it leaves on the truck?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:43 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 473 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Can you say if there is a "normal" time period the car spends at the port? I understand weather or other circumstances can affect things but if everything goes as planned how long is it normally from unloading off the ship until it leaves on the truck?
My two experiences:
2015 Cayman GTS - arrive Davisville port 1/2/15, release for transport 1/7/15, exit Davisville 1/16/15, arrive dealer 1/19/15.
2018 991.2 CGTS - arrive Davisville port 11/2/17, release for transport 11/3/17, exit Davisville 11/5/17, arrive at dealer 11/8/17.

As you can see, the Cayman sat at port for a full two weeks while the 911 was only there for three days. No rhyme or reason...
Old 01-23-2018, 08:12 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car in transit yet?
Old 01-24-2018, 04:33 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Update, finally arrived at the dealer!

It’s finally here! Hoping to pick it up tonight.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:20 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatChuk
It’s finally here! Hoping to pick it up tonight.
Congrats! It’s a beauty! I love Miami Blue and I went back and forth between MB and Carmine Red before finally settling on CR. For me, either color would have worked fine. Enjoy your car!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:30 PM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Congrats! It’s a beauty! I love Miami Blue and I went back and forth between MB and Carmine Red before finally settling on CR. For me, either color would have worked fine. Enjoy your car!
Thanks man, it's even better than Miami Blue. It's Riviera Blue!
Old 01-25-2018, 01:53 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Nice. Love the rear wiper. My dealer just got a GT3 in riv blue. They must paint PTS colors together (I have suspected this for a while). My favorite of the light blues. Wish I could find a 993 in that color ....

edit: love the leather dash trim in place of the Aluminium. I ordered that on my car. Now only if my car would get released from port. Been there 24 days.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:02 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Looks great. I love the exterior/interior color combo. Very unique!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evilfij
Nice. Love the rear wiper. My dealer just got a GT3 in riv blue. They must paint PTS colors together (I have suspected this for a while). My favorite of the light blues. Wish I could find a 993 in that color ....

edit: love the leather dash trim in place of the Aluminium. I ordered that on my car. Now only if my car would get released from port. Been there 24 days.
Any idea why it has been at the port so long?
Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 AM
crbiker
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful! I'm a big fan of Riviera Blue.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:08 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Any idea why it has been at the port so long?
GT3 touring is not CARB approved so it is being held.

Quick Reply: GTS stuck in Port if Houston