2018 991.2 C2 GTS - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Sponsored by: Sonnen Porsche

2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Old 01-09-2018, 03:03 PM
chuck911
Super User

Have you driven one yet? Because that is what its all about. And while the 911 is leagues beyond BMW it does have the engine behind the rear axle and not over the front axle so it will feel a lot different. You might want to experience that some time before delivery! Some guys have not done that and been surprised and thought the car had bad tires, or bad aero, or whatever, when really it is just a different feeling not having the mass in front.

Other than that congrats, you got a great car for the trips you have planned!
Old 01-09-2018, 03:35 PM
nilaz
User

Not really. I have not drive any 911 before but as soon as I will find the right car (used or new) I will arrange for sure a test drive. It's not easy to find test drive 911 in my country.

Based on the experience I got from the M2 I feel that 911 will be even better. Honestly speaking I failed to get engaged with M2 that I why I am looking to move to a legendary car.
In case I failed to be in love also with 911 I might give up sport cars although I have a feeling that as soon as I will become a 911 owner this relationship will last for many years.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:52 AM
nilaz
User

Updates from the hunting....

1. Still wait Porsche AG to give next week their final decision for a brand new 991.2 GTS Coupe allocation slot. Most probably the feedback will be possitive therefore I am trying to agree on a 12-15% discount from MSRP with my dealer and go for a basic option configuration as the GTS only with standard options covers my needs. I have read extensively that basic configuration 911s are the best ones who keep their value as options never paid in the second market. Taking into account the GTS model seems with a discount more than 10% from MSRP looks ideal for first 911 ownership.

2. Already located two Porsche approved cars in Germany 4 months old the first one and 2 months old the second one. Both are demo cars with good options loaded (GTS Package, good interior etc). The price to be delivered to me seems the be 25% lower than MSRP with around 6.000 miles on trip. As cars are Porsche approved they come with 18 months warranty.

I am trying to decide which is the best option for me based on the fact that Porsche depreciates around 17% the first year and another 11-12% second year. During 3rd year value remains almost stable (light depressiation) depends on miles and car condition.

Finally as the new order needs at least 6 months to be delivered I am considering to wait in order 992 to be announced. I am expecting after 992 announcement 991.2 to drop at least 10% extra although I am not sure if GTS model will drop also. For sure Carrera and Carrera S will drop but not clear view about GTS.
Thepoint here is that 911 is a dream car and even if I can save 5-10% extra but postpone the ownership and driving pleasure dreams become nightmares...

To be continued...
Old 01-14-2018, 10:17 AM
reacher
User

Originally Posted by nilaz View Post

1. Still wait Porsche AG to give next week their final decision for a brand new 991.2 GTS Coupe allocation slot. Most probably the feedback will be possitive therefore I am trying to agree on a 12-15% discount from MSRP with my dealer and go for a basic option configuration as the GTS only with standard options covers my needs. I have read extensively that basic configuration 911s are the best ones who keep their value as options never paid in the second market. Taking into account the GTS model seems with a discount more than 10% from MSRP looks ideal for first 911 ownership.

2. Already located two Porsche approved cars in Germany 4 months old the first one and 2 months old the second one. Both are demo cars with good options loaded (GTS Package, good interior etc). The price to be delivered to me seems the be 25% lower than MSRP with around 6.000 miles on trip. As cars are Porsche approved they come with 18 months warranty.

I am trying to decide which is the best option for me based on the fact that Porsche depreciates around 17% the first year and another 11-12% second year. During 3rd year value remains almost stable (light depressiation) depends on miles and car condition.

Finally as the new order needs at least 6 months to be delivered I am considering to wait in order 992 to be announced. I am expecting after 992 announcement 991.2 to drop at least 10% extra although I am not sure if GTS model will drop also. For sure Carrera and Carrera S will drop but not clear view about GTS.
Thepoint here is that 911 is a dream car and even if I can save 5-10% extra but postpone the ownership and driving pleasure dreams become nightmares...

To be continued...
Buy one of the used ones for sure. You'll pay less, take less depreciation, get a better optioned car, and you won't have to wait.

​​​The only reason to get a new car is to get exactly the options you want, but in your case you want to save money more than you want options, so the choice seems clear.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Maitre_Absolut
User

Originally Posted by macanakey View Post
I think the leather dash is worth the upcharge. It really looks much nicer to me than the standard, plastic dash. Plus, at that price point, I'd be disappointed to see a plastic dash.
On a stock GTS isn't the front portion of the dash leather? My Macan GTS came like that (w red deviated stitching) and it wasn't shown on the configurator.

1. Still wait Porsche AG to give next week their final decision for a brand new 991.2 GTS Coupe allocation slot. Most probably the feedback will be possitive therefore I am trying to agree on a 12-15% discount from MSRP with my dealer and go for a basic option configuration as the GTS only with standard options covers my needs.

To be continued...
15% off a brand new allocation with basic option ? Where are you located? Im assuming you have evidence that shows its possible? The % discount increases with options so thats equivalent to maybe 20% a nice build.

In Canada 140k base+ 40k options = about 4% off on an allocation...
Old 01-14-2018, 08:30 PM
mdrums
Super User

Taxes based on CO2 emmisions and PDK is lower than 190mg CO2 which is the limit to pay extra taxes for high emmisions.
Any car higher than 190 CO2 needs to pay penalty. That is why I rejected to proceed with Turbo as the cost is much higher due to taxation.

Regarding RWS I have study a lot and honestly speaking I am not sure I will push the car to the limit therefore I need it. Currently my M2 which is also without RWS gives me superior handling and I am expecting the GTS to be much better. I will consider RWS in the last minute based on dealer final price of the car. Actually RWS is not so expensive.
Big mistake...get the rear wheel steering...itĺs not only better in high speed turns but also just normal driving and in parking lots too.