2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 07:39 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2018 991.2 C2 GTS

Hi all,

I consider to open a new thread as I would like to share my experience so far.
I am ready in the next two weeks based on Porsche AG response to pull the trigger for a new custom build 991.2 GTS COUPE.

My decision is to go with PDK as is cheaper than manual in EU due to lower emissions.
GT silver the color with Alcantara Delete and black leather interior.
Red seat belts in combination with red instrument dials.

I was thinking a lot about CL Vs 5 lug wheels and I conclude to CLs due to the fact that I do not plan to change wheels frequently. I am guite familiar with torque wrench usage from my carbon road bike although I need to buy a new one which can support 440MN instead of the 100NM I have currently.

I show many videos in the YouTube and I believe I can live with the special requirements of the CL wheels.

Last but not least following my discussion with my dealer I will order the car with roof racks ability as I have been informed that later on is not possible to install racks. I plan to perform a EU road trip in the future and definitely I need extra space than the 125 Lt provided under the hood.

I took a decision to control the cost and removed rear axle turning function, GTS Interior Package in combination with Garmine Red Pack GTS together with PDCC. These three options costs around 13K which I believe are not essential for a weekend drive car as a GTS.

Tomorrow I will have the final meeting with my dealer to discuss about final price.

Any comments is more than welcome.

Nick
Old 01-07-2018, 07:50 AM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,189 Likes on 717 Posts

I did not know that PDK was cheaper in the EU.

What is the difference if I may ask?
Old 01-07-2018, 08:12 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I would strongly suggest you get RWS- it transforms the handling of the car. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2018, 08:26 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Taxes based on CO2 emmisions and PDK is lower than 190mg CO2 which is the limit to pay extra taxes for high emmisions.
Any car higher than 190 CO2 needs to pay penalty. That is why I rejected to proceed with Turbo as the cost is much higher due to taxation.

Regarding RWS I have study a lot and honestly speaking I am not sure I will push the car to the limit therefore I need it. Currently my M2 which is also without RWS gives me superior handling and I am expecting the GTS to be much better. I will consider RWS in the last minute based on dealer final price of the car. Actually RWS is not so expensive.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tse
I did not know that PDK was cheaper in the EU.

What is the difference if I may ask?
Price difference in the Netherlands between PDK and manual is about 6.500 EUR.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark993TT

Wow, assuming Porsche still charges more for the PDK, and that is a net difference, then that is some punitive taxation.

No wonder the governments are all-in on the GW craze.
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (09-15-2019)
Old 01-07-2018, 01:22 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Good choice adding the red belts to the black leather interior. I'd scrap the red dials, though.
Be aware that the CL's look cool but have no performance or weight advantage, and are can be an issue if you are stranded at a shop that isn't familiar with them.
The RAS for turn in only works at speeds under 50kph and changes the turning radius from 36.5 to 35.2 feet, a small fraction. Take anyone's opinion that this is a necessary option for the street with a grain of salt unless they have tested cars with identical spec except for RAS (bet they haven't).
That is some serious penalty for the MT, wow! Depressing, no wonder they are dying the world over.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:01 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Taxes based on CO2 emmisions and PDK is lower than 190mg CO2 which is the limit to pay extra taxes for high emmisions.
Any car higher than 190 CO2 needs to pay penalty. That is why I rejected to proceed with Turbo as the cost is much higher due to taxation.

Regarding RWS I have study a lot and honestly speaking I am not sure I will push the car to the limit therefore I need it. Currently my M2 which is also without RWS gives me superior handling and I am expecting the GTS to be much better. I will consider RWS in the last minute based on dealer final price of the car. Actually RWS is not so expensive.
I'd definitely get RAS. You don't have to push the car at all to notice how it transforms the handling of the car, you'll notice it in the first turn. I would never order a car without it.
Old 01-07-2018, 02:03 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueNorther
Good choice adding the red belts to the black leather interior. I'd scrap the red dials, though.
Be aware that the CL's look cool but have no performance or weight advantage, and are can be an issue if you are stranded at a shop that isn't familiar with them.
The RAS for turn in only works at speeds under 50kph and changes the turning radius from 36.5 to 35.2 feet, a small fraction. Take anyone's opinion that this is a necessary option for the street with a grain of salt unless they have tested cars with identical spec except for RAS (bet they haven't).
That is some serious penalty for the MT, wow! Depressing, no wonder they are dying the world over.
I did try an almost identical car without RAS/PDCC and got mine with RAS/PDCC. I noticed the difference right away on the first twisty road I leisurely drove down. I was shocked at how much better my car felt than the car I drove without it.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:06 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

The reason to choose the CL is the wheel design and not the CL itself. If I had the choice to have same design with 5 lugs definitely I will go this direction but I do not like the 5 lug design.

I know that if I have with CL I should have always in the car the torque wrench equipment.

I am between Red Dials and Red SC dial to make it more elegant.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I'd definitely get RAS. You don't have to push the car at all to notice how it transforms the handling of the car, you'll notice it in the first turn. I would never order a car without it.
You would never order a car without rear axle steering?

LOL
Old 01-07-2018, 04:22 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Old 01-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark993TT

Do you mean the PDK costs that figure more than a manual transmission 911?
Old 01-07-2018, 04:56 PM
BlueNorther
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Do you mean the PDK costs that figure more than a manual transmission 911?
Yes he does and that means $7817.88 USD! Gov't tax for emissions!

EDIT: I misread your post: I meant:
I believe he means that you pay equivalent of $7817.88 USD extra for MT over PDK due to gov't tax for extra emissions of MT vs PDK

Last edited by BlueNorther; 01-07-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Rich Blanco
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carbon fiber bike, roof racks.....don't see that very often in this forum so thought I'd chime in......
I've mounted the Porsche racks on my 991.1 GTS at delivery and they are working great for bike transport. I get a lot of strange looks and comments but truly allows the car to be a daily driver. I went full-on GTS communication pkg, GTS interior, CL and MT leveraging how the Porsche designers intended the GTS to be. (Or the Marketing department at least.)
You'll make a great decision in any case.

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 C2 GTS