Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

$50 less than my Batteries+ AGM.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default weight savings - HP

Okay I have a car that was optioned as lightweight 4 way sport seats no sunroof c2s, etc. and I believe weight matters for the experience. Car and driver also recently did a spread where they shopped for the most economical performance upgrades and i's a lightweight battery !

This battery appears to be approximately a 35 pound weight savings over stock. Can one of you engineer types equate that to HP so I can justify the 1k price in my head.

Originally Posted by drcollie
Have you developed the 991 mount yet and is it on your website? Cost of the adapter plate? I see you have the battery for $ 700 on the website and its 11 lb. which is a huge weight savings over these 50 lb + monsters everyone is putting in.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:14 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
Okay I have a car that was optioned as lightweight 4 way sport seats no sunroof c2s, etc. and I believe weight matters for the experience. Car and driver also recently did a spread where they shopped for the most economical performance upgrades and i's a lightweight battery !

This battery appears to be approximately a 35 pound weight savings over stock. Can one of you engineer types equate that to HP so I can justify the 1k price in my head.

Can you post the name of the light weight battery that saves the 35 pounds? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:08 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Can you post the name of the light weight battery that saves the 35 pounds? Thanks in advance.
I don't know if this is what he was referring to, but the Antigravity RS-30 is 11.5 lbs. compared to regular AGM batteries that weigh close to 50 lbs. It's $699, plus you'll probably want the custom adapter plate for $179, and you'll need a Li-ion battery charger/maintainer for $56. So around $1k all in. Yes, it's expensive, but they're supposed to last 2x as long, and you save that weight that otherwise sits pretty high up just under the base of the windshield.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:41 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Antigravity

I was using this post on the antigravity, are the numbers incorrect (I assume their new mount weighs something (4 to 5 lbs) ??

Originally Posted by drcollie Have you developed the 991 mount yet and is it on your website? Cost of the adapter plate? I see you have the battery for $ 700 on the website and its 11 lb. which is a huge weight savings over these 50 lb + monsters everyone is putting in.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
I was using this post on the antigravity, are the numbers incorrect (I assume their new mount weighs something (4 to 5 lbs) ??

Originally Posted by drcollie Have you developed the 991 mount yet and is it on your website? Cost of the adapter plate? I see you have the battery for $ 700 on the website and its 11 lb. which is a huge weight savings over these 50 lb + monsters everyone is putting in.
The shipping weight of the mount is only 2 lbs., so the actual mount is lighter than that since the 2 lbs. includes packaging. https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...rs30-tray-kit/
Old 07-23-2018, 11:02 PM
simplex
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A question on Antigravity batteries.

What are the practical reasons to get the RS-30 over the ATX-30-RS?
The ATX-30-RS is lighter and cheaper, and Porsche mounting kits are available for both.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:11 AM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by virage
A question on Antigravity batteries.

What are the practical reasons to get the RS-30 over the ATX-30-RS?
The ATX-30-RS is lighter and cheaper, and Porsche mounting kits are available for both.
Power reserve? ATX may work much of the time and maybe all the time, but it might not be enough to start the car during the winter.

RS also has circuitry to shut it off before going to zero to reserve enough power to start the car.

i don’t think I’d put an ATX in my car as I use it year round and DD it.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:05 AM
simplex
Instructor

Originally Posted by Need4S
Power reserve? ATX may work much of the time and maybe all the time, but it might not be enough to start the car during the winter.

Where you and I live winters are not much colder than summers.

Originally Posted by Need4S
RS also has circuitry to shut it off before going to zero to reserve enough power to start the car.

The ATX-30-RS also has such circuitry.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Where you and I live winters are not much colder than summers.

The ATX-30-RS also has such circuitry.
In regards to the ATX – 30 verse the RS – 30 there is quite a bit of difference as some of the posters above noted.

The RS – 30 is the battery designed for the direct replacement of an automotive battery. So it has automotive type terminals it has a sufficient amp hour for performance cars and has a more robust circuitry than a model such as the ATX – 30. The ATX – 30 has only 18 amp hours compared to the actual 30 amp hours of the RS – 30. It also requires that you buy the automotive S a E type terminal adapters for it. So the ATX 30 is recommended for track day cars not Street use cars because Street use requires more amp hours in case there's an emergency and you have to leave the emergency flashers on, and more amp hours allows for a battery that will not be overdischarged rapidly in normal street car use . So while I understand it appears to be a couple hundred dollars cheaper and it is much lighter, but the reason for that is because it has less battery less power and less amp hours nor is it as robust as the RS 30. So if you're looking at a lithium battery for Street or street and track use absolutely the RS – 30 is the proper battery, the ATX – 30 is just for if you have a track day car.

If you have any other questions let me know or email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com
Old 07-24-2018, 03:58 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Originally Posted by Antigravity
In regards to the ATX – 30 verse the RS – 30 there is quite a bit of difference as some of the posters above noted.

The RS – 30 is the battery designed for the direct replacement of an automotive battery. So it has automotive type terminals it has a sufficient amp hour for performance cars and has a more robust circuitry than a model such as the ATX – 30. The ATX – 30 has only 18 amp hours compared to the actual 30 amp hours of the RS – 30. It also requires that you buy the automotive S a E type terminal adapters for it. So the ATX 30 is recommended for track day cars not Street use cars because Street use requires more amp hours in case there's an emergency and you have to leave the emergency flashers on, and more amp hours allows for a battery that will not be overdischarged rapidly in normal street car use . So while I understand it appears to be a couple hundred dollars cheaper and it is much lighter, but the reason for that is because it has less battery less power and less amp hours nor is it as robust as the RS 30. So if you're looking at a lithium battery for Street or street and track use absolutely the RS – 30 is the proper battery, the ATX – 30 is just for if you have a track day car.

If you have any other questions let me know or email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com

Can the RS-30 battery be use din a 911 that's a DD? or is better suited for cars that are track machines? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:32 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Can the RS-30 battery be use din a 911 that's a DD? or is better suited for cars that are track machines? Thanks in advance.
Yes, it certainly can. The design of the RS-30 was intended for daily drivers. While there are great benefits to track use, the higher capacity allows this battery to handle the higher demands needed to run a daily driver.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:33 PM
simplex
Instructor

Is the RS-30 a LiFePO4 battery? Your web site makes no mention of it.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:43 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Yes, it certainly can. The design of the RS-30 was intended for daily drivers. While there are great benefits to track use, the higher capacity allows this battery to handle the higher demands needed to run a daily driver.

OK thanks - went to Amazon and the description made it seem like using lights or stereo would be an issue.

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Is the RS-30 a LiFePO4 battery? Your web site makes no mention of it.
OK thanks - went to Amazon and the description made it seem like using lights or stereo would be an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Antigravity-B...keywords=Rs-30.
Correct, The RS-30, as well as all of our other starter batteries are of the LiFePO4 composition.

To clarify on Stereo, lights, and other accessories, the RS-30 is not intended for high amp hour draw. Where this could possibly come into play would be with aftermarket modifications (huge stereo systems) and if you were solely using the battery to power these items but regular use in these Porsche's should not be an issue as we have a lot out there using this battery as well as in our own under regular every day driving conditions.

Quick Reply: 991.1 Battery Replacement DIY