Sponsored by:

Apple CarPlay Issues Since iOS 11 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

Have you selected “show notifications” in bluetooth settings on the iPhone? I had to recheck this box to make text messages work again through the PCM after the iOS 11 update. I know it’s not the same from .1 to .2, but perhaps this will do the trick for you.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:13 PM
phx991
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Have you selected “show notifications” in bluetooth settings on the iPhone? I had to recheck this box to make text messages work again through the PCM after the iOS 11 update. I know it’s not the same from .1 to .2, but perhaps this will do the trick for you.
Yes it's set, and Show in CarPlay is set to on as well in the notifications settings.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 926 Posts

Interesting. I hope you get it to work. Problems like that are frustrating.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
I don't have direct experience with CarPlay, but just a couple of things to try if you don't get any other definite answers.

iOS 11.1, just released a day or two ago, resolves many Bluetooth-related issues. I'd first recommend installing the update if you haven't already.

If that doesn't completely fix it, the next thing to try is unpairing the devices and repairing them anew. I don't know if you've tried this. This fixed an unstable connectivity issue I had with another Bluetooth device after upgrading to iOS 11.
Reading text messages with CarPlay has nothing to do with Bluetooth. CarPlay will only work if the iPhone is connected to the USB port and does not need a Bluetooth connection. When using CarPlay, your car's Bluetooth connection is bypassed and text messages are read directly from your phone which is mirrored on the car's display screen. When you quit out of CarPlay, the Bluetooth connection is re-established and text messages are read through the car's system.

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay Issues Since iOS 11 Upgrade