Sponsored by:

Showing preset menu on multi-function display

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 AM
MLGATL
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Showing preset menu on multi-function display

help! I have my presets set up in the tuner on my new to me 991.2.
I can’t get the scroll down list in the multi function display on the instrument cluster to show the presets. When I have it displaying audio and I see the channel I selected on the touch screen from my presets and press the wheel on the steering wheel is shows me all of the FM channels or all of the XM channels not the preset list.

Guidance?

thanks
mike
Old 10-14-2017, 08:24 PM
MLGATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by MLGATL
help! I have my presets set up in the tuner on my new to me 991.2.
I can’t get the scroll down list in the multi function display on the instrument cluster to show the presets. When I have it displaying audio and I see the channel I selected on the touch screen from my presets and press the wheel on the steering wheel is shows me all of the FM channels or all of the XM channels not the preset list.

Guidance?

thanks
mike

please pitty me and provide a little help.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:42 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a 991.1 so it might be different for you, but this should work.

In the MFD, there is a setting to check for the presets to be displayed. This drove me crazy until I figured it out messing around with the settings while waiting for my daughter to get out of dance class.

From the "Vehicle" Main menu (shows your engine temps, etc. usually) Click "Settings" then "Display"

Then Select "Audio" then "Preset List"

If you haven't downloaded the "Good To Know" App, I recommend you do so. It's a great tool for looking this kind of stuff up.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:13 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

It doesn't work on the .2. Major mistake in programming. Porsche knows about it. My GM says a patch is coming, but I've been complaining since delivery in July and nothing yet.

It's either very low priority or they can't fix it.

Complain to your dealer and/or PCNA. The more the better. To me it's one of the main reasons to order MFSW so you can change stations without taking your hand off the wheel.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:44 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try audio selection.
"Station Met Opera Radio" works for me for Sirius.
Station 98.7 works for me FM.
Station 780 AM.
You do not have to be selected for a specific band for this to work.
Best I can do is program the littler diamond on the wheel to change sources.-Richard
Old 10-15-2017, 04:19 PM
MLGATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by Keadog
It doesn't work on the .2. Major mistake in programming. Porsche knows about it. My GM says a patch is coming, but I've been complaining since delivery in July and nothing yet.

It's either very low priority or they can't fix it.

Complain to your dealer and/or PCNA. The more the better. To me it's one of the main reasons to order MFSW so you can change stations without taking your hand off the wheel.

Wow! That is completely insane. What an oversight.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:35 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 798 Posts

Good thread -- been wondering same with my .2. Cheers!
Old 10-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 131 Posts

Would this relate to the fact I can't delete a preset and can only over write it with another station??

Tried everything to delete a preset including consulting with the dealer who just said it cant be deleted with no explanation. 150K? Really?
Old 10-16-2017, 07:07 AM
MLGATL
Track Day

Originally Posted by jingber
Would this relate to the fact I can't delete a preset and can only over write it with another station??

Tried everything to delete a preset including consulting with the dealer who just said it cant be deleted with no explanation. 150K? Really?
I’m not sure if it relates but I also can’t figure out how to delete a preset. Seems like another issue. My BMW and old Honda mini van have much more functional systems!!

Last edited by MLGATL; 10-16-2017 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-17-2017, 11:30 AM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

I asked about that on our .2 here, too. Not available. Our SA said that he's received a lot of complaints on that downgrade. I recently got an survey email from Porsche & complained about it there. I'm glad to see another post here indicating that there's a fix for that in the pipeline. That was a stupid oversight on Porsche's part.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

There have been a few previous threads on this topic since the 991.2 was introduced. The problem doesn’t pertain to the 991.1 cars. No one has posted a solution, and none of the techs at the Porsche dealerships I’ve spoken to have an answer. Oddly, it works just fine on my pre-Apple car play Macan. As previously mentioned, it’s apparently not a priority.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macanakey
I asked about that on our .2 here, too. Not available. Our SA said that he's received a lot of complaints on that downgrade. I recently got an survey email from Porsche & complained about it there. I'm glad to see another post here indicating that there's a fix for that in the pipeline. That was a stupid oversight on Porsche's part.
Oh, I was told there was a fix in the pipeline but the extreme length of said pipeline was not defined.
I'm getting ready to put the car away for winter and I'll be very happy if it can be rectified by spring.
The Apple car play is pretty good. I get Sirius mainly to listen to Fox and BBC as I own most of the (old) music I like; I would miss the talk channels a bit but won't renew Sirius if Porsche can't make it work.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:02 PM
macanakey
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Oh, I was told there was a fix in the pipeline but the extreme length of said pipeline was not defined.
I'm not naive enough to think that fix is high on their priority list, but I'll be glad if they get around to it some time later next year. I know nothing about programming, but I can't imagine it's that hard a fix! It was available in the .1, so can't someone just copy & paste that bit of code over?
Old 10-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I contacted GM and SA today. No fix yet or ETA. They claim PAG knows lots of people are complaining.
Not enough so far, it seems.
Not impressed.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

I just spent 4 days with a Macan loaner with the new HU. I've used it before on two separate occasions but not for as long. I just also had a Panamera loaner for about a week with the new UI and it is similar.

I have to say that this is a totally egregious oversight by Porsche and it is downright dangerous. On both vehicles there is simply no way to access your presets (that I can see, and I even consulted the manuals) without calling it up on the large display and scrolling and tapping. I find myself taking HUGE amounts of time with my eyes off the road. IMO, even the .1 preset list is easier to use on the touchscreen. And if you don't have the screen open to presets, using the arrows to toggle through only go station to station, not preset to preset. This is horrible.

I'll be honest, the new UI in the Panamera was not all that impressive. It offers a lot of customization, but it's not that friendly as you have to chose from certain default schemes. And the screens on the dash are wasted. The outer dials, unless you are using the map on the right one, are limited to clock and temp. Terrible. Mercedes' new interface is better.

Porsche needs to come up with a fix for this fast.

Quick Reply: Showing preset menu on multi-function display