Sponsored by:

anyone care to critique my GTS order?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017 | 09:29 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Dude, absolutely STUNNING!
I love it!

Keep in mind, with nearly 60k in options, you should be getting a HEFTY discount... The more options you have, the bigger the discount usually. Depending where you live this amount can vary, but if its in Canada, then you're looking at 6-7% for SURE.

Where are you located?

Check out my spec, im in Toronto. It locks next week and arrives late January.

LMK what you think..

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJIXIX16

Last edited by STKDoctor; 10-06-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2017 | 10:00 PM
cdnewt
Track Day

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Just curious.

Is the tranny on the Audi R8 as "clunky" as all of the sports car media says it is?

Randy Probst says that it totally detracts from the car in a recent test of a 2017 Audi R8 V10.

Not as well sorted as a PDK... it upshifts when you lift on a straight. Never seems to be in the right gear, according to Probst.

No not at all. Transmision is great. Much better than the one in my 997 Turbo, and in line with the 458 Italia. Now that said, I always manually shift with it, and sounds like Randy was using it in auto mode.

Issue with the car is suspension setup, and complete lack of steering feel.... On top of the speed performance issues I mentioned earlier. In the r8 comfort mode, you'd think you were driving an Cadillac, it is so quiet and soft. A gt3 is exciting at a stop sign. The r8 is only exciting when pushing it hard, and pushing it hard is very illegal.

Old 10-06-2017 | 10:05 PM
cdnewt
Track Day

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
At that price point I would add the 18way seats and premium plus package. It will save you a couple of bucks on some options and the 18way is more versatile than 4 way even though they have similar general fit.

With that much deviated stiching I would look into leather to sample. Better leather at same cost given all the extra deviated stiching you're doing.

Looks great. I personally love the black brushed aluminum in GTS. I'd take that over painted interior package.
Thanks. Not going the 18 ways, as they add a lot of weight. The 4 ways send great to me in my test drives.

I'll check on that later option you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2017 | 10:25 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Originally Posted by phx991
Approximately what percent depreciation after how many years?
It was about 38% depreciation after 3 1/2 years. I received a decent discount which helped and I loved every minute I owned the car.

Quick Reply: anyone care to critique my GTS order?