Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks
Old 09-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joenyc
I believe there is also a Porsche dealer in Manhattan? At least there you have alternate transportation. Overheating can damage a car if left for long periods.
Can do that too but I'll tell you - I brought the car to them for 4 things that one time I think I told you.

1) Fix the garage door opener in the car.

2) Fix the grey hanger holder on the back of the front seats.

3) Realign my driver door so that the lines line up.

4) Fix the Gasoline smell I have in the car when I fill up sometimes.

I got the car back and none of the above were done.

Additionally - In the car, my grandfather left his handicap placard in it - and someone in the dealership stole it. (I am sure of this). I called immediately to let them know he left it in the car (I know that because we used it earlier in the day to park at his doctor). A day later they called back and said it was not there. I told them thats ABSOLUTELY impossible and that it's a crime to steal it. They said they would ask around but low and behold - no one would do the right thing and return it. I even asked them to do so anonymously and that I didn't want any trouble or to create any. Still they wouldn't. Was a hassle to get a new one - and completely unfair to do that to a 90 year old man.

I just don't trust them. Never liked Manhattan Motor Cars anyway. Snobs.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far - the past 2 days - have seen no irregular engine temperature. I have not used the windshield defogger.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:22 PM
Joenyc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
So far - the past 2 days - have seen no irregular engine temperature. I have not used the windshield defogger.
GOOD to know that Manhattan Porsche has issues. But I would bring the car in to Ray Catena NJ to see if maybe something is causing the defrosting to overheat the car. Keep us posted . There maybe kryponite in the defroster lol . They call our car the Superman look.

Quick Reply: My 991.2 4S overheated this morning.