Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.2GT3 VS .2GTS vid

Old 09-17-2017, 12:11 AM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by randr
Sorry thats inaccurate (~ means approximately). Checkout the Sport Auto videos in the GT3 section

991.2 GT3 7:18.2
991.2 GTS 7:23.7
488GTB 7:21.6
991.1 GT3RS ~7:25
981 GT4 ~7:42
(all driven by CG)
Since when you round up 18.2 to 19 and 23.7 to 23??

23.7 minus 18.2= 5.5 much closer to 6 seconds difference that I quoted than the 4 seconds you did, no?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:16 AM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezus
Since when you round up 18.2 to 19 and 23.7 to 23??
I didn't have the numbers in front of me - it was my recollection thats why I used the symbol for approximately. You now have the numbers to 1/10s (from the video logs).

The point being the GTS performance is right up there with the best of the best and it has 4 seats, can have a sun roof and ventilated seats.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:20 AM
Rezus
Racer

I didn't have the numbers in front of me - it was my recollection thats why I used the symbol for approximately. You now have the numbers to 1/10s (from the video logs).

The point being the GTS performance is right up there with the best of the best and it has 4 seats, can have a sun roof and ventilated seats.
No doubt it is very impressive car, I just said GT3 was faster around the track and I think we have proved that.
But seriously sunroof and ventilated seats?? Back seat is a big plus
Old 09-17-2017, 12:23 AM
randr
Banned

No doubt it is very impressive car, I just said GT3 was faster around the track and I think we have proved that.
I would expect the 991.2 GT3 to be faster around the ring - its Porsches current best effort at a road going track capable car shod with MPSC2 N1 tires. Keep in mind the difference around Hockenheim Kurs was 0.1s.

But seriously sunroof and ventilated seats?? Back seat is a big plus
Yup, might as well have the performance and a few creature comforts
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

This has quickly become the worst topic on rennlist.

Sticky you seem particularly ridiculous taking the first opportunity to inflame the board with comments that insult half of the people's cars on this board. When these cars cost as much as they do nobody appreciates that kind of unsolicited shade tossed their way.

I've been clear about my preferences, but damn I was super close to buying a .2 GTS. I love them all.

And I'm pretty sure to 99% of collectors out there, a well kept 930, 911R, or long nose is a better car than all of these 991's and all are measurably slower. Give it 10 years and I bet these 991's will be worth half of their MSRP while all these other cars will appreciate. Where do your values lie? I can promise the guy with a pristine 930 will laugh at you for saying your car is faster than his. He doesn't care and he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

yes your .2 is faster than every .1 on the board. Who cares? You don't know speed until you've ridden a super bike on the track anyway.

You like what you like, others like what they do, please don't take every opportunity available to make every topic a childish pissing contest. Go back to page 1 and see your very first comment if your curious about this.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol, you are hilarious, same sticky that got banned from M3 forum. Trust me my reading comprehension is beyond your wild dreams. Thanks but no thanks I am not playing your childish games.
BTW that is no longer NA M3
I never said it was NA. You decided to apply presuppositions.

I see you can't refute anything I posted or quoted. The childish move is to devolve to insults and ignore the argument.

It's ok to admit you were wrong. You know, like an adult?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
This has quickly become the worst topic on rennlist.

Sticky you seem particularly ridiculous taking the first opportunity to inflame the board with comments that insult half of the people's cars on this board. When these cars cost as much as they do nobody appreciates that kind of unsolicited shade tossed their way.

I've been clear about my preferences, but damn I was super close to buying a .2 GTS. I love them all.

And I'm pretty sure to 99% of collectors out there, a well kept 930, 911R, or long nose is a better car than all of these 991's and all are measurably slower. Give it 10 years and I bet these 991's will be worth half of their MSRP while all these other cars will appreciate. Where do your values lie? I can promise the guy with a pristine 930 will laugh at you for saying your car is faster than his. He doesn't care and he'll laugh all the way to the bank.

yes your .2 is faster than every .1 on the board. Who cares? You don't know speed until you've ridden a super bike on the track anyway.

You like what you like, others like what they do, please don't take every opportunity available to make every topic a childish pissing contest. Go back to page 1 and see your very first comment if your curious about this.
My very first comment calls into question those people who have been posting that the 991.2 GTS is laggy and offers no useful performance increase.

The very topic of this thread is turbo vs. naturally aspirated Porsche performance. I'm oh so sorry if it supports my position and exposes others.

If you don't like the acceleration comparison topic then don't read it. I love it.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:30 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

this is is the point.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Johnny5Alive
Burning Brakes

Received 299 Likes on 127 Posts

Sticky I won't respond to you any further but will clarify that my comment calls into question your lack of maturity and tact. The whole topic went downhill the second you got involved.
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by texascarlover
this is is the point.
Agreed -
Rezus
Racer

Originally Posted by sticky
I never said it was NA. You decided to apply presuppositions.

I see you can't refute anything I posted or quoted. The childish move is to devolve to insults and ignore the argument.

It's ok to admit you were wrong. You know, like an adult?
Seriously dude, didn't you say you were a big proponent of NA cars and then proceeded to say you had a e46 and currently own a e92 M3? What does that mean? You own a supercharged M3? That is ok, we both know what you are doing here, it is pretty clear who is the adult here, probably not the one racing with strangers at traffic lights
Old 09-17-2017, 12:33 AM
Banned

I would expect the 991.2 GT3 to be faster around the ring - its Porsches current best effort at a road going track capable car shod with MPSC2 N1 tires. Keep in mind the difference around Hockenheim Kurs was 0.1s.

Yup, might as well have the performance and a few creature comforts
How much of it is aerodynamics? If it takes a 12 mile course for the GT3 to even show an advantage... Hockenheim shows it is a driver's race. Both are supremely capable.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Banned

Sticky I won't respond to you any further but will clarify that my comment calls into question your lack of maturity and tact. The whole topic went downhill the second you got involved.
I disagree and I believe others are not showing maturity in their reactions as they can not handle a real debate. Nobody is putting a gun to your head to read it and there is an ignore feature.

Regardless, I'm very happy about this video and topic.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Rezus
Racer

...and this is exactly how things went with him on the BMW sites, wonder why he gets banned. Sad part is he does not even realize it
Old 09-17-2017, 12:37 AM
randr
Banned

Originally Posted by sticky
How much of it is aerodynamics? If it takes a 12 mile course for the GT3 to even show an advantage... Hockenheim shows it is a driver's race. Both are supremely capable.
The aero is a significant advantage over 7 mins and with the layout. Also, I agree Hock shows there is little in it wrt sprints e.g. the car with the best driver will be quicker.

Both fantastic cars

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .2GT3 VS .2GTS vid