Old 09-15-2017, 07:37 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by bvineyards
came across this,
what do you guys and girls think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNXJ3n3moc
i think its true. The performance of the .2 GTS is freaking amazing. You have to really stay ahead of it.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:43 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by bvineyards
came across this,
what do you guys and girls think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNXJ3n3moc
LMAO! Its on Youtube, must be true.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:59 PM
bvineyards
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

it's obviously indisputable frank, that's why i posted it
Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

A demonstration of the significance of torque over horsepower... .
Old 09-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone still believe your 991.1 Carrera S can hang with the 991.2's?
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
Anyone still believe your 991.1 Carrera S can hang with the 991.2's?
Yup! Since when have we started to define the 911 as a dragster? There are plenty of faster 0-60 cars for less than half the price. I have driven .2's and .1's, unless you live below 4000 rpm, i will take the NA any day on a track. These cars will land you in jail past 3rd gear irrespective of .1 or .2 on the road. They are all fun, who cares.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
Yup! Since when have we started to define the 911 as a dragster? There are plenty of faster 0-60 cars for less than half the price. I have driven .2's and .1's, unless you live below 4000 rpm, i will take the NA any day on a track. These cars will land you in jail past 3rd gear irrespective of .1 or .2 on the road. They are all fun, who cares.
So the 911 is a Prius or is it a sports car?

There aren't really any quicker 0-60 cars for half the price. Name a car doing under 3.0 seconds 0-60 for half the price. I'll wait.

Go ahead and take the NA and be slower. Doesn't matter to me. The point is not only is the 991.2 decimating 991.1 Carreras it is now beating the best GT3 ever made too and for less money.

The GT3 is a great track car. Just make sure you never line up next to a GTS on the street.

If nobody cared I'm not sure why we have different options or a forum to discuss them in the first place.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

No surprise here. My Golf R is faster in a straight line than my 991.1 S. Couldn't care less.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Are people still drag racing at the traffic light? How old are you?
...and a Turbo or Turbo S has always been faster than GT3, did that stop anybody from buying GT3's? Last I check GT3 residual prices and desirability was much higher than the faster Turbo
Old 09-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rezus
Are people still drag racing at the traffic light? How old are you?
...and a Turbo or Turbo S has always been faster than GT3, did that stop anybody from buying GT3's? Last I check GT3 residual prices and desirability was much higher than the faster Turbo
Old enough to afford a new and much faster 911?

Nobody seems to have a problem with the 911 Turbo being faster but when the 991.2 Carreras are faster now people suddenly don't care about acceleration.

The 991.2 is a value Turbo now. That's awesome.

Do the GT3's residual prices mean that stops people from buying the Turbo? Works both ways. Except these days the GT3 doesn't have a performance advantage on the Carreras.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Rezus
Racer

Old enough to afford a new and much faster 911?

Nobody seems to have a problem with the 911 Turbo being faster but when the 991.2 Carreras are faster now people suddenly don't care about acceleration.

The 991.2 is a value Turbo now. That's awesome.

Do the GT3's residual prices mean that stops people from buying the Turbo? Works both ways. Except these days the GT3 doesn't have a performance advantage on the Carreras.
eh that doesn't tell me much, don't see anybody with little maturity racing random cars on the street, a lot of people can afford these cars including those they get hand downs.from daddy...
Nobody is having an issue with the newer car being faster than older one, since when this is news?? People buy cars for different reasons. Some still pay big money for old Carreras.
I have driven a Turbo S and GT3 and would take the slower car any day, one made me smile silly the other not so much...The reason I got a GTS after driving a C2S was not because I could not afford the faster car, just preferred the other, I know hard to believe, and if I see you with your fast car or anybody else with a slower one, a thumbs up is all you get from me at the traffic light
Old 09-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rezus
eh that doesn't tell me much, don't see anybody with little maturity racing random cars on the street, a lot of people can afford these cars including those they get hand downs.from daddy...
Nobody is having an issue with the newer car being faster than older one, since when this is news?? People buy cars for different reasons. Some still pay big money for old Carreras.
I have driven a Turbo S and GT3 and would take the slower car any day, one made me smile silly the other not so much...The reason I got a GTS after driving a C2S was not because I could not afford the faster car, just preferred the other, I know hard to believe, and if I see you with your fast car or anybody else with a slower one, a thumbs up is all you get from me at the traffic light
Whether someone races or doesn't who cares that doesn't change the 0-60 capability or the acceleration capability. The 991.2 is very quick and the torque advantage down low lends itself well to off the line performance whereas the GT3's powerband is more suited for the track. The turbo motors also lend themselves better to tuning.

If you like the Turbo, buy it. If you like the GT3, buy it. You have a choice. It is a fact the 991.2 3.0 models are a huge step up in performance and this is not subjective.

If nobody is having an issue with the newer cars being faster you haven't been reading this forum. I'm surprised this video isn't causing heart attacks.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Rezus
Racer

Whether someone races or doesn't who cares that doesn't change the 0-60 capability or the acceleration capability. The 991.2 is very quick and the torque advantage down low lends itself well to off the line performance whereas the GT3's powerband is more suited for the track. The turbo motors also lend themselves better to tuning.

If you like the Turbo, buy it. If you like the GT3, buy it. You have a choice. It is a fact the 991.2 3.0 models are a huge step up in performance and this is not subjective.

If nobody is having an issue with the newer cars being faster you haven't been reading this forum. I'm surprised this video isn't causing heart attacks.
Trust me no GT3 sale will be lost because of that video..people are waiting in line and paying over MSRP, GTS can be had with 5% discount any day...that tells you something, there must be more to the car than torque and 0-60
Old 09-15-2017, 11:05 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
i think its true. The performance of the .2 GTS is freaking amazing. You have to really stay ahead of it.
I have the X51 (on the 991.2 C2S) and its a missile but also very linear in its responses (both engine and throttle). Hills and corners are your friend

Not sure what the issue is with the NA guys on Rennlist - the lag/throttle debates are largely ill informed and you have 3500 to 7500 rpm (4000 rpm) to play with Vs. 5000 to 9000 rpm (4000 rpm). Of course the higher revving engine generates higher losses.

To get a car with a better turbocharged engine you have to buy a 488, which according to a poster here, the 488 engine was rated ahead of the new GT3 engine by Porsches own works drivers.

No real dog in this fight, they are both fantastic machines.

Quick Reply: .2GT3 VS .2GTS vid