Sponsored by:

Porsche Sports Exhaust is it really worth it? Video comparing PSE vs non PSE

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017 | 05:14 PM
mrmojom3
Racer

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
Thanks for the Video Nick. Nicely done.
I added the Fabspeed headers and sportcats to my .2 C4S. There is no lack of exhaust note now. It's a deeper tone than my .1 with PSE but it's equally exciting from inside or outside the car.
Ski Porsche. Do you have the PSE or non PSE? I'm looking at different aftermarket options as well. Drove a 991.2 PSE today, and left a lot to be desired vs. my 991.1 4S PSE. I dare to say I preferred the non PSE better. Sound is super important to me.
Old 08-28-2017 | 10:17 AM
sraj
Advanced

Originally Posted by nmurray22
Yes there is no wrong choice, the PDK has to be the best DCT out there, far better than the DCT in the M4 which has so many more options but still does not quite read the mind like PDK. That said the MT is also the best I have driven and I would get the MT again today as the new Turbo engine is so flexible less rowing is required and it is always a thrill to be down changing my through the gears as I leave the interstate every day. If in doubt however get the PDK it is the safe choice. Much faster, much better on fuel, allows others to drive your car and you never get caught stalling your own car : )
Thanks Nick, that is very helpful feedback!
Old 09-03-2017 | 04:43 PM
Airandwater
Advanced

Just a point on the misconception that PDK intrinsically gives better fuel economy. It doesn't, per se. What it does do is shortshift in both normal and sport mode well before any sane person rowing their own gears would do. This is what gives it the better mpg. On the highway, the manual is actually 1 mpg better than the PDK, and in the city, the PDK is 2 mpg better (both for the 991.2, both of which have the same top gear drive ratio).

If you manually shift the PDK the way you would manually shift, they both give you the same mpg.
Old 09-29-2017 | 07:39 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Quick pull down our street with Vorsteiner's newly installed exhuast system on the 991.2 Carrera!
blob:https://www.dropbox.com/200c174...d-a95f04af0d31

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: Porsche Sports Exhaust is it really worth it? Video comparing PSE vs non PSE