Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017 | 07:04 PM
LaCienega
6th Gear

Default 2017 Pricing

Hey all, I'm considering selling my 2017 C4S due to relocation. I noticed that this model year is not in KBB yet and I even could not find comps on some online marketplaces (maybe, I'm looking at the wrong ones). Would appreciate any guidance on how to set my price expectations
Old 08-20-2017 | 07:24 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LaCienega
Hey all, I'm considering selling my 2017 C4S due to relocation. I noticed that this model year is not in KBB yet and I even could not find comps on some online marketplaces (maybe, I'm looking at the wrong ones). Would appreciate any guidance on how to set my price expectations
15-20% off MSRP. Maybe more depending on color, options, etc. Can pick up a new 2017 for 8-10% plus off this late in the year. Some of the "new" ones have been punched and have CPO... this will be your competition. See the Porsche website and see the listings and price accordingly.

My 2017 C4S had 4K miles and was 132K MSRP. I got for 109k with CPO.

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2017 | 09:19 PM
*991*
Rennlist Member

How many miles?
What was MSRP?
Old 08-20-2017 | 10:06 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Originally Posted by Michael_s
...Some of the "new" ones have been punched and have CPO... this will be your competition.
Perhaps I misunderstood and please correct me if I am wrong. I thought the OP is selling his car.

The type of car you referenced:
1) Would be titled as new.
2) Has CPO
3) Is sold by the dealer.

If the OP sells his car it would not really compete ?

I think the trade in value would be roughly 75% of the MSRP and perhaps it could be sold privately for a few thousand more.
Old 08-21-2017 | 06:36 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Perhaps I misunderstood and please correct me if I am wrong. I thought the OP is selling his car.

The type of car you referenced:
1) Would be titled as new.
2) Has CPO
3) Is sold by the dealer.

If the OP sells his car it would not really compete ?

I think the trade in value would be roughly 75% of the MSRP and perhaps it could be sold privately for a few thousand more.
Porsche dealers report cars as sold even tho they are new. The warranty has started and then they "may" add CPO. So it's possible, as I have done it, to buy a "new" 911 with 6 years of warranty for a significant discount.

If I was in the market and saw the OP's car, private party which some don't like, and a car that I can title as new, pay a used price, get dealer services and get CPO that's would be my preference.

There are not a lot of these cars, but they are out there. I was simply providing some info so he can price accordingly. Absent these types of cars, new cars take a big hit the first year... hence 15% off MSRP to start.
Old 08-23-2017 | 09:11 AM
LaCienega
6th Gear

Thanks everyone. I'm a little more optimistic, I have an ad up on a couple sites at a higher price than what was suggested here. I've gotten a decent amount of interest so far, we'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by *991*
How many miles?
What was MSRP?
6,350 miles and 138K MSRP... there are a couple extras (film, prepaid service) so I'm off sticker by a few thousand
Old 08-23-2017 | 09:17 AM
LexVan
Banned

Why can't you take the car to the new location?
Old 08-23-2017 | 09:58 AM
LaCienega
6th Gear

Originally Posted by LexVan
Why can't you take the car to the new location?
Sent you a PM
Old 08-23-2017 | 11:52 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

I suggest you set your price to beat or, at least stay up with, your competition. Who is your competition? It's not Kelly Blue Book.

It's dealer lot cars.

Look at prices on Cars.com ( best), Autotrader , ebay, etc., Right now, I see 160 cars nationwide in your range. That's where customers are looking and that's how you should set your price expectations. Look at cars for sale a year below yours. Craigslist is a very good source.

Shoppers look at similar cars from other brands, too, so find out what those are.

Best to set a price range in your mind. Low for fast sale, high if you can wait.

Good Luck with it.

Quick Reply: 2017 Pricing