Sponsored by:

European delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 AM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Wimankid
So, another question - pros/cons on delivery experience in Zuffenhausen compared to Leipzig? I know the autobahns near Leipzig are newer, three lanes, anymore wide open. Any experiences?
I found the Autobahn between Leipzig to Nuremburg to Munich to be the most unrestricted in my travels.

This website seems to track the unlimited sections.

http://www.autobahn-speedhunter.com/
Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Experienced owners to provide some feedback please.
1. Is it mandatory to pay full amount of car in order to proceed with ED?
2. In case of ED and drop of the car in any of the 16 places in Europe how PAG guarantee that car will be transferred to ordered country without any damage? Do they check the car in the drop of point? Does anyone needs to pay more for the shipment or is part of the ED cost?
3. Any suggestions for experienced PPF installer in Germany?
Old 04-24-2018, 09:05 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,143 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
Experienced owners to provide some feedback please.
1. Is it mandatory to pay full amount of car in order to proceed with ED?
2. In case of ED and drop of the car in any of the 16 places in Europe how PAG guarantee that car will be transferred to ordered country without any damage? Do they check the car in the drop of point? Does anyone needs to pay more for the shipment or is part of the ED cost?
3. Any suggestions for experienced PPF installer in Germany?
I've done two European Deliveries of a Porsche in the last five years including dropping the car off at a location other than at one of Porsche's factories. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes. It's just like buying a car in the US. Same process. The dealer is not going to let you take the car home unless you pay him for the product. Same thing is true with a European Delivery.
2. When you drop the car off (either with Porsche or a third party vendor), you do a mutual inspection of the car. It is documented and both parties sign. Make sure you wash the car before drop off or the inspector might say you have ding when it is actually a bug splatter. There is a cost if you drop the car off at a place other than Stuttgart or Leipzig. I posted a price list and drop off points in this rennlist thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/european...-delivery.html
3. There is a thread on this point in the European delivery forum. Plenty of options. Just do a search, and you will find it. https://rennlist.com/forums/european...ce-center-236/
Old 04-24-2018, 02:54 PM
Randall 991.2
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wimankid
So, another question - pros/cons on delivery experience in Zuffenhausen compared to Leipzig? I know the autobahns near Leipzig are newer, three lanes, anymore wide open. Any experiences?
We picked up a 2016 Panamera 4 in Leipzig where they have a track experience (excellent), then dropped it off in Stuttgart so we could visit the museum.

r
Old 04-25-2018, 06:44 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

I have done 2 ED in the last 3 years, and they both have included Stuttgart in some way shape or form.

1st ED was a pickup at Leipzig. HOT LAPS, tour and food, and a car wrap. I wrote a thread that can be found here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8963...p-mr-blau.html
The trip ended up in Stuttgart with another factory tour, lunch, and museum visit. If you do it this way, the track is a part of the delivery experience and fees. If you pick up in Stuttgart and return in Leipzig, but want that track experience in Leipzig, I was told there would be an incremental fee to cover those costs.

My 2nd time commenced in Stuttgart and ended up in Monaco, via Swiss Alps, Italian roads, and the Col de Turini and Route Napoleone in France. The Col de Turini was by far the best ever!

Like others have said, it depends where you plan to go on your trip. That may be the "driving" factor for your pick up choice.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Haven't done Leipzig and I've only done ED once with my GT3 (just this month and I already want to do another one), IMO for your first ED I would pick Zuffenhausen for the history/feeling of just being there at the factory/plant where the greatest sports car in the world is made

Being at the Porscheplatz next to the museum, dealership, and factory is such a surreal feeling as a Porsche fan (*sniff* LOL)

Seeing the new 911s drive by, all the Porsches on the road, the Werk 1 building, etc. I would have been sad personally to miss out on that for the track time at Leipzig but that is just my opinion as a 911 fan (and I'm not much of a track guy)

Also re: VAT I had to wire separately the $31k for that on my car and once my dealer gets the green light he will wire it back to me. I think it really depends on each dealer how they handle the VAT requirement
Old 04-25-2018, 10:08 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll just hit your third question as the first two have already been addressed.

If you're in Stuttgart, use Schwabbenfolia. They're awesome and did an incredible job on my .1 GTS Targa.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:27 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

For the car wash in Stuttgart, this place is within a few minutes and fabulous. About $45 for a exterior, interior, and hand wax. Used them all the time while we were living in Stuttgart. Free water and coffee while you wait which is very unusual anywhere Europe.

https://www.mrwash.de/standort/stuttgart-feuerbach
Old 05-06-2018, 05:05 PM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you for the feedback so far.

My car will be manufactured on June 2018 and delivered to me by July 2018.
I took the decision to proceed with Porsche Drive experience from Stuttgart early August instead of ED.
A very helpful program which obviously eliminated all the worries for a brand new car drive it in Germany.

I have booked a 991.2 GTS similar to my specs for 6 days and I plan to drive towards Alps and famous landscapes.

I would appreciate any specific routes that I need to plan driving a 991.2 GTS for 6 days.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:09 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here’s my thread dedicated to my upcoming May-June 2018 itinerary:

https://rennlist.com/forums/european...ay-2018-a.html

Quick Reply: European delivery