Sponsored by:

Delivery day tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 11:27 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delivery day tomorrow!

so it's past 10pm here and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep. Went for a 7k power walk hoping to tire myself out so I can sleep. I sold my last 911 November 2015 so it's been a while.

This one is really special because I get to share it with my 16 month old son who's obsessed with cars (I was trying to get him interested in books and he would push them around like cars crawling around the house)

I didn't take any of the protection plans. Getting all the PPF and ceramic coating done with my own detailer but having second thoughts about wheel and tire. On my last 991 I didn't take it and had a scuffed wheel and 2 rear flats and 1 front flat. So logic says take it. I was gonna sleep on it but if there's no sleep not sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow lol

ok needed to get some of this out. I'll post pics when I pick up Stormy the GTS4 cab.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:31 PM
BlazinPond
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
so it's past 10pm here and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to sleep. Went for a 7k power walk hoping to tire myself out so I can sleep. I sold my last 911 November 2015 so it's been a while.

This one is really special because I get to share it with my 16 month old son who's obsessed with cars (I was trying to get him interested in books and he would push them around like cars crawling around the house)

I didn't take any of the protection plans. Getting all the PPF and ceramic coating done with my own detailer but having second thoughts about wheel and tire. On my last 991 I didn't take it and had a scuffed wheel and 2 rear flats and 1 front flat. So logic says take it. I was gonna sleep on it but if there's no sleep not sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow lol

ok needed to get some of this out. I'll post pics when I pick up Stormy the GTS4 cab.
Excited for ya man.
Enjoy the experience.....and then post pics
Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a GTS 4 Targa in May. I know what you're experiencing. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:44 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

That is an awesome feeling when you are about to take delivery of your new 911, I'm smiling for you and brings me back to the day I picked mine up. I had to fly from SFO to back home in Honolulu earlier that day and I vividly remember just tapping my leg staring at the seat in front of me for the entire flight unable to think about anything else than picking the car up, starting her up, and taking her out for the first drive.

Post some pictures when you pick her up!!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:45 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Exciting times...Do you mind sharing your build?
Old 08-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by XLOR8T

Can't wait to see pics.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:21 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shake1
Exciting times...Do you mind sharing your build?
Here's the build. I had one day to complete build as it was locking and missed illuminated door sills. Dealer is trying to figure out if it's plug and play or requires wiring.

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PJYWJHW8

and here's a couple of quick pics from Friday when I signed the papers.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:27 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 560 Likes on 211 Posts

Great car! Don't worry about the door sills because after 1 week you won't notice them. I have carbon fibre and they only time it is worth it is to point them out to someone who has just seen the car for the first time. I could hand them a $20 bill, and they would be more impressed and it would be cheaper.

Everything the dealer sells you is a rip off, you do not need any of it. Even with Tire insurance, if you get a flat it's cheaper to have a company like TireButler repair it for you or source it for you at your home, they also do rim repair.

I pay the dealer extras sometimes just to get out of a lease penalty-free or get into a desirable car, it's the cost of business.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:22 AM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 36 Posts

Well done on the build and color choices. You will not miss the door sills.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:03 AM
BlazinPond
Three Wheelin'

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

SWEET!!! Enjoy man.

I have a similar build (options wise) but in a coupe. Still hoping i love the 14 way seats.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Good choice on eliminating the dash brightwork. With the top down, that would be a major glare. I went aftermarket and replaced my dash brightwork as was bothersome with just the shade open on the glass roof.

Nice build, congrats.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:17 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Depending on coverage I would probably do the tire/wheel coverage if I had to do it again.

Some are covering curb damage now so it might make it worth it.

2 non repairable tire flats will most likely pay for the coverage.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:14 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Feels like I just got kicked in the nuts. I got a call that they mistakenly drilled my front bumper for a license plate dispite my multiple emails, notes and instructions. They said their best detail guy just made an assumption. Yes this is Ontario and they require front plate but I always use tow hook adaptor. I don't have one for this car yet and they said they couldn't find one (even though they had a line up of GT3RS cars with the adaptor on them)

they are saying they don't have another Agate GTS coming in to swap the bumpers and they want to repair and paint it. For F*** sakes we do everything on the front end of our cars so we don't have to paint.

I don't know what to do or say. I'm too OCD to live with a front plate like that. I think it takes away from the GTS front end look. 😔😔😔
Old 08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 105 Posts

Bummer
Old 08-08-2017, 02:38 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear. Huge assumption to make on such an expensive car. Can you work in some kind of agreement to swap with the next Agate GTS that comes in through their dealer? I assume there would be no issues with the paint matching from factory this way.

Incredible build btw, very well optioned and looks amazing in your pics above. Hope you are able to enjoy the day despite this hiccup.

Quick Reply: Delivery day tomorrow!