Sponsored by: Road Spy

New TT Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:46 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New TT Purchase

Everyone has been so helpful on this site, was wondering was experience people have had on negotiating for a brand new TT. The Price on the web site is $176k it has been sitting on the dealer lot for 3 months, I dont want to offend the dealer with a low ball offer (or come across as not serious) but is a 10% discount realistic? Do people recommend going in and giving a best & final or playing the game with them and starting even lower? Would appreciate any guidance on this and what discounts people have been getting on new TTs - Thanks!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 51 Posts

Go for 10%. Who cares if you offend the dealer?
Old 05-26-2017, 09:26 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Go for 10%. Who cares if you offend the dealer?
agree with Steve. You are guaranteed a No if you don't ask or try. I would wait for their first offer first though to see where their head's at. If it's a super loaded build like one of my dealers just got $229k, and since we are nearing the '18's, it's possible but not probable. 7% is my guess depending on dealer.

good luck and let us know.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:14 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Spoke to dealer told them I would pay cash and was ready to go today with a 10% discount on the car that has been sitting on their lot for +2 months, they said 4% discount max. I want to be disciplined about the purchase and dont want to just cave in at their price so I think I am just going to wait and see if the car is there in another month.

Does anyone know how much a dealer makes on a car? are they still making a profit at -10%?
Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

You might have them include value added items to their 4% discount which would bring the net discount more in line with your expectations. Things like window tint, vinyl wrap, service coverage, etc....

Waiting to see..... is time you never get back.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:20 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,509 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by FLLPorsche
Spoke to dealer told them I would pay cash and was ready to go today with a 10% discount on the car that has been sitting on their lot for +2 months, they said 4% discount max. I want to be disciplined about the purchase and dont want to just cave in at their price so I think I am just going to wait and see if the car is there in another month.

Does anyone know how much a dealer makes on a car? are they still making a profit at -10%?
Yes, they almost certainly are profiting at 10%.

Discounts are all local market driven. It is what it is.

If your local dealer is not playing ball, call around. Someone in the country should be willing to deal.

BTW, I don't think they care if you are paying cash - if anything they can profit from arranging financing.

10% is pushing it, but I got 7% and that's not unusual.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:26 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I would call around unless this is the exact car you want. Then I would negotiate hard and buy it and not wait at whatever their final deal is as if you wait it could get sold and for a few bucks you will be upset. If you are not set on this exact car and flexible then time is on your side and call other dealers.

Saying you are a cash buyer is actually a deterrent to them. Tell them you will finance with them, finance the car and then pay it off after a month or so. That is more motivation, they make money on the financing.

Once you get them to their bottom number , then do the above and get something else thrown in like clear bra.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:08 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FLLPorsche

are you in Florida? What dealer?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:21 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

I am based in Florida but the dealer was based in NJ, they have the exact car I'm looking for TT Cab 3x black
Old 05-29-2017, 09:01 PM
medacus
Advanced

I just got 10 percent on a tt cab. Every situation is different however and it really depends on how much the dealer paid for the car. It's just a big game. Ive always just made a deal that seems fair and move on. Longer the car sits the more they are losing money. They either dig in and want a certain price or they sell and cut the car loose at a discount. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:15 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Medacus what dealer did you buy at?
Old 05-30-2017, 12:02 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by medacus
I just got 10 percent on a tt cab. Every situation is different however and it really depends on how much the dealer paid for the car. It's just a big game. Ive always just made a deal that seems fair and move on. Longer the car sits the more they are losing money. They either dig in and want a certain price or they sell and cut the car loose at a discount. Good luck.
its my understanding that all dealers pay the same.

Quick Reply: New TT Purchase