Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

$100K over sticker

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 09:50 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 164 Posts

Too high. .2 I can understand but .1 for 320k? You can get a car under 5k miles gt3 992 that is better than 991.1 rs and will hold the value better too for around 250k.
You can have a .2 with little more miles for under 300k. Unless you are so set on the color and the color is worth the overs 50-100k to you
Old 12-20-2022, 11:06 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 586 Posts

That price ($320K) was 6 years ago. It will not go for anywhere near that today.
The following 2 users liked this post by rodsky:
Engro (12-20-2022), FormulaOneAddict (12-26-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:30 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

wow that quite an ask.

The 2016 RS as I recall also had the finger follower issue despite it not being covered by the 10 year extended engine warranty. I almost bought one a few years ago until I stumbled onto that info at the very lat minute.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post16126246
Old 12-26-2022, 08:12 AM
FormulaOneAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
That price ($320K) was 6 years ago. It will not go for anywhere near that today.
Apologies gents for muddying the waters. It's hovering at $210K with about 6 hours left in the BaT auction,

Old 02-16-2023, 11:31 AM
tallers
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

My wife & I went to our Porsche Club meeting last night which was held at the Warrington, PA Porsche Dealership.

While there they had two 911 GT3 Touring vehicles. One was sold @ $318K the other was for sale at $325K. Ouch!!

The last one is a 911 GTS America which listed for $208K. Prices are insane with ADM.

Old 02-16-2023, 05:03 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,344 Likes on 756 Posts

$100k over MSRP on a 7 year old car no matter the miles is for folks with “silly money”. I love these cars but reality says that’s just a no go for someone like me.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:13 PM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,258 Likes on 757 Posts

Hopefully when the music stops those that find themselves without a chair can afford it...
Old 02-16-2023, 10:09 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I was one of those who lost on the '16 3RS when they first came out, even having only paid sticker from the dealer.
I don't care if it's "just" $250K, the non-track driving experience wasn't worth it to me.
But, Ultraviolet is just beautiful sitting in a light colored garage.
Sold mine too fast and lost the $$$$.
But live and learn. At least I tried.
Old 02-16-2023, 10:18 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 312 Posts

Sadly, if you buy one of those Touring GT3s you will soon be hunting for a GT3 wing.
It makes no sense to buy a GT3 without a rear wing!
And I'm not buying any GT car because all of them are harsh riding and stripped of all luxury options.
Makes no sense to me.
A 911 Turbo S is faster for street and highway use. And is available with any and all luxury options anybody could want.
Why screw around with a GT Model 911?

Last edited by PCA1983; 02-16-2023 at 10:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jim M. (02-17-2023)
Old 02-16-2023, 10:22 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Sadly, if you buy one of those Touring GT3s you will soon be hunting for a GT3 wing. It makes no sense to buy a GT3 without a rear wing!
I'm a winged guy myself but I can certainly appreciate the subtleness without the wing... To me a GT3 Touring would fit in as a Bond car, classy and understated but a beast beneath the skin.

Then again I'm partial to the 991.2 and would say the 991.2 Touring is a classier ride than the 992.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:41 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 338 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Sadly, if you buy one of those Touring GT3s you will soon be hunting for a GT3 wing.
It makes no sense to buy a GT3 without a rear wing!
And I'm not buying any GT car because all of them are harsh riding and stripped of all luxury options.
Makes no sense to me.
A 911 Turbo S is faster for street and highway use. And is available with any and all luxury options anybody could want.
Why screw around with a GT Model 911?
I have a different view of this - IMO, there are a lot of reasons to own a GT car, if you enjoy sporty driving. I have both, a highly modified 991.2 turbo S and a 991.2 GT3 RS. I have been a Porsche 911 owner for decades, beginning with a 1972 911T in the 1980's and have owned several modified Porsche turbos since the 993 turbo generation and love the Porsche turbo platform. In my real world driving experience, I feel that all the talk of the turbo being much faster is a little deceiving and is largely based on bench racing paper stats. Certainly in a straight line 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile run the turbo is faster, but who ever does that on the street. Get them both on a curvy back road and the heavy, slower shifting turbo has it's hands full to keep pace with a GT3, especially a .2 RS. The normally aspirated 520 HP MOTOR defies it's paper specs and punches way above the perceived performance, the motor is explosive, shifts are lightening quick like a video game and the 500 lbs. lighter weight makes up for a lot of horsepower, all of which make the GT car extremely quick from point to point through mountain twisties and the like. It is a force to be reconned with. But it's not all about power/speed, as they are pretty equal in the wild, it's about the experience and the fun factor. The GT3 is a true race car for the street, close in nature to the actual cars Porsche uses to compete and who doesn't want to experience that. The entire experience in a GT car with the light weight feel, 9,000 RPM'S, incredible connection to the road constant feedback and motorsport sound track provides a thrill that the turbo lacks, no matter what you do to it. They both have their sweet spots, but for a weekend blast through the countryside, give me the keys to the GT3. It makes for an epic adventure and a most enjoyable day. A long weekend away with the wife, nice drive to the office, even PCA rallies and many other uses, the turbo is great, but when you really want to feel the Porsche race DNA and have a special driving event, the GT3 is the ticket. Personally, I often find myself wishing the turbo had more revs to go before shifting, along with wishing it shifted quicker and was lighter and stiffer. They both have their strengths in spades, buy to discount the GT cars based on highway and luxury features, stiffer suspension (IMO, this is a plus and is actually not bad unless you are commuting with it over potholes), I feel is a mistake and I just can't agree. But that's why they offer both - two very different experiences.

Here is a short video that sums up the GT3 experience pretty well - I think this guy nails it, except my RS does not moan and creak when cold :-) :
2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook
911dude41 (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 05:06 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by John D II
I have a different view of this - IMO, there are a lot of reasons to own a GT car, if you enjoy sporty driving. I have both, a highly modified 991.2 turbo S and a 991.2 GT3 RS. I have been a Porsche 911 owner for decades, beginning with a 1972 911T in the 1980's and have owned several modified Porsche turbos since the 993 turbo generation and love the Porsche turbo platform. In my real world driving experience, I feel that all the talk of the turbo being much faster is a little deceiving and is largely based on bench racing paper stats. Certainly in a straight line 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile run the turbo is faster, but who ever does that on the street. Get them both on a curvy back road and the heavy, slower shifting turbo has it's hands full to keep pace with a GT3, especially a .2 RS. The normally aspirated 520 HP MOTOR defies it's paper specs and punches way above the perceived performance, the motor is explosive, shifts are lightening quick like a video game and the 500 lbs. lighter weight makes up for a lot of horsepower, all of which make the GT car extremely quick from point to point through mountain twisties and the like. It is a force to be reconned with. But it's not all about power/speed, as they are pretty equal in the wild, it's about the experience and the fun factor. The GT3 is a true race car for the street, close in nature to the actual cars Porsche uses to compete and who doesn't want to experience that. The entire experience in a GT car with the light weight feel, 9,000 RPM'S, incredible connection to the road constant feedback and motorsport sound track provides a thrill that the turbo lacks, no matter what you do to it. They both have their sweet spots, but for a weekend blast through the countryside, give me the keys to the GT3. It makes for an epic adventure and a most enjoyable day. A long weekend away with the wife, nice drive to the office, even PCA rallies and many other uses, the turbo is great, but when you really want to feel the Porsche race DNA and have a special driving event, the GT3 is the ticket. Personally, I often find myself wishing the turbo had more revs to go before shifting, along with wishing it shifted quicker and was lighter and stiffer. They both have their strengths in spades, buy to discount the GT cars based on highway and luxury features, stiffer suspension (IMO, this is a plus and is actually not bad unless you are commuting with it over potholes), I feel is a mistake and I just can't agree. But that's why they offer both - two very different experiences.

Here is a short video that sums up the GT3 experience pretty well - I think this guy nails it, except my RS does not moan and creak when cold :-) :
https://youtu.be/JccSPQEhdsk?list=PL...lweZ-AnzujnI8x
Absolutely nailed. I always wanted go get the GT3 but "settled" on the Turbo S. The Turbo is legendary itself but everything you said comes with pure truth. What brought me into the brand was a 350hp 3.4l Carrera which on paper sucks but it was such a kick *** car. It would downshift to the very top RPM of its redline and it was one snappy and explosive motor that you would never in a million years expect from a 3.4 6 cylinder. It had its on unique hot metal, oil and fuel smells too. Now imagine that in a 3.8 or 4.0 that's on steroids. Nothing touches a Porsche NA engine. As great as those Lambo 10 and 12 cylinder engines are they still don't hold a candle to the Porsche NA engine experience IMO. There is another Italian brand out there though which makes excellent engines.

A GT3 RS on track feels like an arcade game. The Turbo S on long highways makes you feel like a bird soaring higher than all others. Very few cars can sustain extended high speed driving.

With the Turbo S there's a fun little game I like to play on long highway drives/road trips... I call it "you'll never see me again". No one's beaten me or kept up. Some can hang but they'll eventually fall deeper and deeper back. It's fun being able to literally dance in circles around another car that's at the limit while you observe calmly and effortlessly. It's like playing with a baby.

John D II (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 08:34 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by MovingChicane
I don't care if it's "just" $250K, the non-track driving experience wasn't worth it to me.
This. No way to enjoy a 500 hp car on public roads. I’ve gone in the other direction for street. 993 FTW in terms of street driving experience. As for track, in my 996 Cup car, only the very best driven newer street GT cars can keep up with me. At current pricing GT cars make no sense to me. Frustrating on the street as no way to enjoy all that power, and on track burdened with weight a factory Cup car doesn’t have. My 2 cents, YMMV.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:28 AM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 865 Posts

GT2RS is an interesting blend of both.
mchrono (02-18-2023)
Old 02-18-2023, 10:55 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

This exactly.

The GT2(RS) is the one to get for all around fun. Don't want a race car for the street. Get a real racecar if regular tracktime is your thing. Much better way to go. GT2 is the perfect blend for a fun car that actually has a license plate. Maybe (dare I say) a bit too much power given its weight and grip on the track, but hell that makes it all that much more fun and pulse-quickening.

As far as the GT3T is concerned, Im sorry I still don’t get it. Its even less of a track car but still has that crazy stiff suspension. Porsche is not above putting overly stiff suspensions in their cars to make them feel more sporty. We had a base Macan loaner for a few days last month and that thing rode harsher (IMO) than my GT2!

Quick Reply: $100K over sticker