Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   $100K over sticker (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/942969-100k-over-sticker.html)

carnut52 07-07-2016 06:57 PM

$100K over sticker
 
I was just offered a 2016 PTS GT3RS Riviera Blue with 170 miles for $320K with MSRP of $212K . VIN is WP0AF2A94GS192596. It is a private sale and they would probably take $300K . Any thoughts on a car like this. I'm not that familiar with this market but seems a bit high to me. I was told that the PTS makes the car very collectable. Priced crazy or reasonable ?

jlee504 07-07-2016 07:30 PM

There is one in the classifieds and the asking starts at $300k

LexVan 07-07-2016 07:45 PM

Do you want it?
Does if fit your budget?
If yes. Buy it.

Mark in Baltimore 07-07-2016 07:54 PM


Originally Posted by carnut52 (Post 13433787)
I was just offered a 2016 PTS GT3RS Riviera Blue with 170 miles for $320K with MSRP of $212K . VIN is WP0AF2A94GS192596. It is a private sale and they would probably take $300K . Any thoughts on a car like this. I'm not that familiar with this market but seems a bit high to me. I was told that the PTS makes the car very collectable. Priced crazy or reasonable ?

Let me know if you want this thread moved to the 991 GT3/GT3 RS forum.

Marvinta 07-07-2016 07:56 PM

My opinion, that's crazy high. The market for these cars has been way over MSRP but seems to be coming back a bit to about 50-60k over msrp. But PTS colors make people crazy, especially people with more money than sense and this isn't the first one I've seen at 300k. Is it worth it to you? Then grab it. If it was me I would be patient but PTS cars just don't follow rules. Someone decides they have to have that color and boom it's gone.

theunitedstates 07-07-2016 08:32 PM

Badass looking vehicle. I would not pay that much for PTS, but hey, if I really wanted it and had the means, why not? You have to ask yourself if that color is worth the extra premium. If it is for you, then you should get it.

porsche42 07-08-2016 01:07 PM

For that kind of money, I'd be looking at a McLaren 650s.

Marvinta 07-08-2016 01:38 PM


Originally Posted by porsche42 (Post 13435667)
For that kind of money, I'd be looking at a McLaren 650s.

I'd get a Singer.

porsche42 07-08-2016 02:24 PM

A used one maybe, they start at $395k for the mods plus you need to provide the 911. But yeah possible a better choice with the 4 liter engine.

MaxLTV 07-08-2016 03:14 PM

From the GT3 forum, $50K over gets you one relatively easily, and $30K is not impossible (there is one listed now).

Marvinta 07-08-2016 05:15 PM


Originally Posted by porsche42 (Post 13435910)
A used one maybe, they start at $395k for the mods plus you need to provide the 911. But yeah possible a better choice with the 4 liter engine.

Sadly, you are right, probably need more like 400k minimum for a Singer.

longboarder 07-08-2016 05:53 PM

If it's an investment, who knows. But if you actually want to drive/race, instead of the GT3 RS you can buy a CPO GT3 and Turbo S.

carcommander 07-09-2016 10:26 PM

Probably the market right now. Lots of discussion about values in the RS forum.


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 09:22 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands