Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   First impressions with the new 991 TT (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/793959-first-impressions-with-the-new-991-tt.html)

fskof 01-11-2014 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11042168)
Philip, screw the 991tt then nobody wants to that piece of junk anyway........997 FTMFW!!!
BTW, if anyone wants to trade their 991tt for a much better 997tt let me know I'll be willing to make the sacrifice :crying:

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11043972)
Yeah screw that piece of trash! But if anyone wants to trade it for a superior Gallardo I'm down to take the hit! One for the team!!

How nice of the two of you to take one for the team..... :thumbup:

speed21 01-12-2014 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by phillipj (Post 11041425)
Update on the test drive. They now have the car in the front window and tell me that if I want to drive it I will have to make a pledge to buy it. This is typical of the first models to hit the showroom. They act like it the only TT in the world. That's okay.. I understand car dealers..

I will be patient and wait until more cars are in the market.. Then they will change their tune a little.. It's just a car and I'm not exactly slumming in mine..

And Speed you are probably right. Just because I don't like (parts of) the TT now doesn't mean I won't change my mind down the road...

My comments sure created a great thread though!

Not surprised to hear. Unless they have sized you up as a highly likely contender they generally won't throw you the keys to a car like this especially if it is brand new floor stock and the only one in the place. A press car or stock unit assigned to a g/manager (dedicated as a short term demonstrator) may be a different story but even so they will usually want to be satisfied they are not putting k's on a high $ car that won't progress as a deal in the foreseeable future. Models like Boxters, and garden variety 911's aren't such a problem. They know most guys that stump up the big dollars want it with delivery K's only unless there is a very big discount involved, and we all know how much they hate that word .

And, as I mentioned earlier on there were a few things about the new car I'd hoped were a little better visually such as that front valance but I can tell you after driving that TTS, it was very very sharp in all the right areas, dynamically some big improvements… very impressive and satisfying to drive I found. Anyway always best to keep an open mind because depreciation will kick hard as it always does. ;)

Originally Posted by fskof (Post 11044056)

Very kind indeed. It is a nice thought if someone here would also swap mine too for this junk. And then I will really love it :surr:

Leo997TT 01-12-2014 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by fskof (Post 11044056)

You know.... Money isn't everything.....

Psup4s 01-12-2014 02:55 PM

I always loved the looks of the 991tt since it came out. I was a bit disappointed in the c2s I test drove as it felt too comfy for me even on sport mode.

Funny thing is yesterday I left a deposit at my local P dealer for a brand new Cayenne GTS......both my P cars combined would have gotten me into 991tt with enough money left for mods but I need the third car in my garage now :banghead:

Unlike the 991c2s, the Cayenne GTS had me smile the whole time I test drove it. By the time I came back from the test drive I was ready to sign :bowdown:

phillipj 01-12-2014 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11041624)
Phillip

This is the best thread ever!!! You have no idea how much I laugh when you call speed asshole lmao! Which I agree with you he is an smartass but I like his style a lot! I just like stray shooters! I hate fake people.... Even he agree with you!!! Lol I'm an asshole too!!! Lmao

About the dealer..... I don't know how they are expecting to sell cars if they keep doing that crap! They did the same **** to me in the dodge dealer last week, when I went to see the new Viper.

I doubt that Paul minds me calling him an asshole.. I have been called that many times.. We are all grown men here.. We are having a good time with this topic that is for sure!

phillipj 01-12-2014 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11045605)
I always loved the looks of the 991tt since it came out. I was a bit disappointed in the c2s I test drove as it felt too comfy for me even on sport mode.

Funny thing is yesterday I left a deposit at my local P dealer for a brand new Cayenne GTS......both my P cars combined would have gotten me into 991tt with enough money left for mods but I need the third car in my garage now :banghead:

Unlike the 991c2s, the Cayenne GTS had me smile the whole time I test drove it. By the time I came back from the test drive I was ready to sign :bowdown:

The GTS rocks. I love the Cayenne..Nice purchase!

speed21 01-12-2014 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Leo997TT (Post 11045572)
You know.... Money isn't everything.....

True….but it sure helps.

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11045605)

GTS is a great unit. We were hooked and would have bought had the V8DS not presented itself as an alternative. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by phillipj (Post 11046341)
I doubt that Paul minds me calling him an asshole.. I have been called that many times.. We are all grown men here.. We are having a good time with this topic that is for sure!

Yeh I can say I had some fun so no hard feelings my end. Alls fun in love and war as they say...

Psup4s 01-12-2014 11:25 PM

^^ I felt the v6 diesel was nice but def not worth the price tag. It felt soooo laggy that I dont think I could live with it even with the 30k less price tag. Also the engine rattles and vibrations were quickly noticeable on test drive.
I can't speak for v8ds as it is not available in the states. Not sure people would be too interested in v8 diesel. Aside from engine type, the GTS is the only model that was aesthetically appealing to me.

speed21 01-13-2014 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11046634)
^^ I felt the v6 diesel was nice but def not worth the price tag. It felt soooo laggy that I dont think I could live with it even with the 30k less price tag. Also the engine rattles and vibrations were quickly noticeable on test drive.
I can't speak for v8ds as it is not available in the states. Not sure people would be too interested in v8 diesel. Aside from engine type, the GTS is the only model that was aesthetically appealing to me.

Sorry to OP to go off topic, but I would agree V6D is no GTS power plant in any way shape or form. V8D… well that's a completely different story..

…would also agree GTS is packaged nicely out of the box with only a few ticks required as extras. It seems in US the 991TT is also pretty basic out of the box and you need to tick quite a few to get it to an acceptable standard? Here that car is full leather standard with nav, bose etc.

phillipj 01-13-2014 12:15 PM

From what I have seen you are right Paul.. They have another black one at my dealer and the interior is bare bones just like the white one was..

That's disappointing but I guess the 997 was no different..

It's just that bare bones at $167k kinda bugs me..

My car was fully loaded with every option (except deviated stitching) and the sticker was $144..

So that means if you loaded the base 991 TT with the same options it would be in the $180+ range..

There I go talking about money again...:surr:

Psup4s 01-13-2014 01:26 PM

Its all about money when it comes to porsches. The 997tt at my p dealer was well up in the 190s

speed21 01-13-2014 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by phillipj (Post 11047552)
It's just that bare bones at $167k kinda bugs me..
My car was fully loaded with every option (except deviated stitching) and the sticker was $144..
So that means if you loaded the base 991 TT with the same options it would be in the $180+ range..
There I go talking about money again...:surr:

I agree a car like a TT it should be full leather standard. Non turbo cars with partial leather appear to have a lesser grade on the seats to me. Here with a TT it is only available in full leather, so it feels nice as it should. Shame the tunnel, visors and s/column aren't full leather especially at our outrageous pricing. This car needs the full leather to match the turbo sticker and prestige of the model and I'm actually surprised that anyone would even buy a model like this so bare bones.

And the money is always an issue for most of us at one point, which accordingly amplifies any scrutiny on the purchase. At our prices it's terrible getting over the hurdle. At 500 it will really bug you.

phillipj 01-14-2014 02:33 PM

I agree completely Paul..Doesn't a loaded Camry come with full leather?:corn:

500k That is just crazy...

Psup4s 01-14-2014 03:18 PM

Still talking about how expensive it is to own a Porsche in any other country??????:o :crying: We get it!!!

phillipj 01-14-2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Psup4s (Post 11051475)
Still talking about how expensive it is to own a Porsche in any other country??????:o :crying: We get it!!!

We are fortunate here in the US compared to Asia, Europe etc. I was not aware of the prohibitive tax in AUS until I heard about it here.

If I lived there I would seriously have to step up my game in order to afford what I want to drive!