Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

A quick review

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 07:21 PM
darth g-f
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That is one gigantic ***! And I love it!
Nice looking car.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:27 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Sam,
How did you remove the rear letters? Did you use dental floss to cut through the adhesive?
Yes but I also used a hair dryer and got the rear very warm, to get the adhesive very soft otherwise floss will keep tearing. It's a slow process (and my floss tore several times anyway), as I did 2-3 letters at a time to maintain temperature. Then I used goof off (didn't hurt the paint but this is my experience not a recommendation) to remove the stubborn rubber/glue residue. After that, you can still see a ghost of the old emblem, so a fine compound got that back to pristine condition.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:49 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Yep, about the only thing a fat *** is acceptable on.

Very nice Sam! Looking forward to Thursday.

Walt (In TLV)

PS-991TurboS- 3M adhesive remover works good also.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I will second 3M adhesive remover.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Yes but I also used a hair dryer and got the rear very warm, to get the adhesive very soft otherwise floss will keep tearing. It's a slow process (and my floss tore several times anyway), as I did 2-3 letters at a time to maintain temperature. Then I used goof off (didn't hurt the paint but this is my experience not a recommendation) to remove the stubborn rubber/glue residue. After that, you can still see a ghost of the old emblem, so a fine compound got that back to pristine condition.
Thank you for the information. Porsche does put a book on the rear of the car. You got one badass ride there. I may do the same thing with the rear lettering. But, I also have the "911 Turbo S" in black on the right/left doors. No choice as this is a launch car, but I saw it on another launch car at my P Dealership as it actually looks pretty nice. Maybe a black "S" in matching script as the doors for my car on the back? I'll copy you. We'll see. I'll live with the book on the back for a while and see how I feel.

My car was delivered to the port of Brunswick, Georgia 11/6, and as of Friday was still in ""Inspection Status" at the port, so I could have it maybe Tuesday or Wednesday this week, my best guess.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:34 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Thank you for the information. Porsche does put a book on the rear of the car. You got one badass ride there. I may do the same thing with the rear lettering. But, I also have the "911 Turbo S" in black on the right/left doors. No choice as this is a launch car, but I saw it on another launch car at my P Dealership as it actually looks pretty nice. Maybe a black "S" in matching script as the doors for my car on the back? I'll copy you. We'll see. I'll live with the book on the back for a while and see how I feel.

My car was delivered to the port of Brunswick, Georgia 11/6, and as of Friday was still in ""Inspection Status" at the port, so I could have it maybe Tuesday or Wednesday this week, my best guess.
I bet the wait is a killer, excited for you. I too had Turbo S on the sides but removed it, too flashy for my taste. Speaking of books, my previous car was worse : PORSCHE 911 Carrera 4 S. Took it all off and put C4S in red.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Love_Tacos_911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sam, she is gorgeous, congrats.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:41 PM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I bet the wait is a killer, excited for you. I too had Turbo S on the sides but removed it, too flashy for my taste. Speaking of books, my previous car was worse : PORSCHE 911 Carrera 4 S. Took it all off and put C4S in red.
I assume a heat gun or hair dryer to remove the side stickers?

I also thought about maybe a "991" designation on the back. Could easily make one out of a couple 911 sets.

Got word on my car. The port is really backed up with cars in PDI per my salesman. Porsche estimates my car will get to the dealership by 11/15. Hopefully, that will translate into some nice fall driving next weekend. I am sure to those doing PDI it is just another car, hehehe!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:19 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

I assume a heat gun or hair dryer to remove the side stickers?

I also thought about maybe a "991" designation on the back. Could easily make one out of a couple 911 sets.

Got word on my car. The port is really backed up with cars in PDI per my salesman. Porsche estimates my car will get to the dealership by 11/15. Hopefully, that will translate into some nice fall driving next weekend. I am sure to those doing PDI it is just another car, hehehe!
I had the dealer remove the side decals, took them a minute. I also thought about TTS but figured most people, including Porsche drivers, would not get it. Was gonna use the capital T from the GTS, from two sets. Another thought. 11/15 sounds perfect.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
amdave
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your thoughts on the Sport Chrono??

4k option and seems like it may be overkill on a turbo?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:51 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

My dealer says you want sport chrono for resale.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 PM
amdave
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm never selling mine if I get it. Truly a dream car. Maybe I can gift it to my son when he turns 18 in 15 yrs! Lol
Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by amdave
What are your thoughts on the Sport Chrono??

4k option and seems like it may be overkill on a turbo?
It's standard on the S and if I was ordering a "plain" Turbo, I would get it. Launch control and faster shifts alone (together they shave 0.2 secs to 60) make a big difference. If you track the car, it adds dynamic engine mounts which stabilize the car in corners. The Sport Plus button makes a big difference in shift speed and in sound. More torque is always welcome. A slightly more than 2% increase in price, that enhances the car's performance is very much worth it, in my opinion. Not that you want to buy the car for the next buyer but knowing it helps resale is nice too. If you do not plan on tracking the car, it would be an overkill because you are unlikely to notice any of its performance enhancements on the street..

From Porsche:

Sport Chrono Package
Includes:
Dynamic Engine Mounts
Reduces tansfer of vibration from the engine and drive train under normal driving while the dynamic adjustment of the mounts allows for improved stability under load transfer and during high-speed cornering maneuvers

Analog and Digital Stopwatch
On top of dashboard

Overboost Function
Maximum torque increase of 37 lb.-ft.

SPORT PLUS Button
On center console, affects throttle characteristics, PSM, PASM, PDCC, sport exhaust system, and PDLS (if equipped with these features), activates motorsport-derived gearshift strategy

Performance Display
In Porsche Communication Management (PCM)

Additional Steering Wheel Display
For display of SPORT and SPORT PLUS mode as well as Launch Control activation

Launch Control
Motorsport derived gearshift strategy
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Hi Sam,

After reading your message I think I just made a deal on your 13 C4S. Was it at Plano Porsche, red C4S on back. Yellow gauges, burmeister, pdk, etc, with fire ext and had some strange scratches on the roof.

I did the the deal with Owen and he said the previous owner was track addict and physician also.

If its you, I sent you a PM.

Congrats on the Turbo S!

Tage
Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by fastmd
Hi Sam,

After reading your message I think I just made a deal on your 13 C4S. Was it at Plano Porsche, red C4S on back. Yellow gauges, burmeister, pdk, etc, with fire ext and had some strange scratches on the roof.

I did the the deal with Owen and he said the previous owner was track addict and physician also.

If its you, I sent you a PM.

Congrats on the Turbo S!

Tage
Yup! PM sent

Quick Reply: A quick review