Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Joining the group

 
Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 AM
  #1  
cartester
User
Thread Starter
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Default Joining the group

Hello everyone. I just placed my order for a 991 Turbo S Cabriolet for December-January build and March delivery.

Amaranth red with red roof
Espresso/Cognac interior
Mahogany Interior package
Dials in white

I was looking for a while for an off-lease 997 but couldn't find a good one one in the non standard colors especially a non-black interior. I hope the center hub wheels are less of an issue than the ones on my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.

Now I have the five month wait.



Pat
cartester is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 01:36 AM
  #2  
991Turbo_S
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Retiredville USA
Posts: 78
Default

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics and read a review.
991Turbo_S is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 01:43 AM
  #3  
Cuda911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Cuda911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oceanside/Vista (N. San Diego County), CA
Posts: 9,792
Default

Originally Posted by cartester View Post
... my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.
Pat
Your Testarossa sounds just like a 1972 Vega I used to own.
Cuda911 is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 02:50 PM
  #4  
Sonnen Porsche
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,218
Default

Originally Posted by cartester View Post
Hello everyone. I just placed my order for a 991 Turbo S Cabriolet for December-January build and March delivery.

Amaranth red with red roof
Espresso/Cognac interior
Mahogany Interior package
Dials in white

I was looking for a while for an off-lease 997 but couldn't find a good one one in the non standard colors especially a non-black interior. I hope the center hub wheels are less of an issue than the ones on my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.

Now I have the five month wait.



Pat

Congrats on the order! Have you seen the red roof on the Amaranth Red? They are very different shades of red.
__________________
Brett Payne
[email protected]
415-381-7818 Direct
www.porschemarin.com
Sonnen Porsche is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM
  #5  
Suzy991
User
 
Suzy991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 796
Default

Congrats to the OP!!

I agree with Sonnen Porsche. I hope you made your decision after you seen the combination, because the red roof and the Amaranth red exterior are two very different shades of red and at least look a bit odd with eachother IMHO.

Of course it is your car and you should order it the way you want, but sometimes people depend too much on the colors of the configurator, which are not always completely accurate (the difference in screens/monitors alone can make a huge difference). Colors need to be seen in person to make a good judgement.

Most important thing is that your car makes YOU happy though...

Suzy (via iOS app)
Suzy991 is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
  #6  
cartester
User
Thread Starter
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche View Post
Congrats on the order! Have you seen the red roof on the Amaranth Red? They are very different shades of red.
Thank you. I did make the selection after looking at dealer samples in different lighting. I preferred that combination to the guards red with the red roof. The on-line configurator does look vastly different than the material samples and you really have to see it in person. Of course you never know until you see the car but I wanted something different than the usual black roof.

The top will be down most of the time anyway.

Pat
cartester is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 PM
  #7  
Suzy991
User
 
Suzy991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 796
Default

That's one of the reasons why I mentioned it. If the top is down, the upper trim of your interior is espresso, the car amaranth red and in between you have a red fabric "deck".
That said... I haven't seen it in in person, so my judgement is purely on how I imagine it will look.

Tha fact that you have seen the different materials together is enough to convince me that it will look good

I'm looking forward to see pictures. It is a unique combination an certainly different than the common combinations. Kudos for that!!

Suzy (via iOS app)
Suzy991 is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 PM
  #8  
cartester
User
Thread Starter
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by Cuda911 View Post
Your Testarossa sounds just like a 1972 Vega I used to own.
The independent repair tech failed to properly retorque the center hub after a service. Fortunately it happened as I was just leaving a stop light and the wheel stayed in the fender well and supported the car so there was no damage.

The hub had fallen completely off about a mile earlier. I know this because I did later go back and find it by the side of the road. I did get the owner of the shop to come to my house and check the rest of the wheels after an angry phone call.

After that I got a big giant torque wrench, an expensive Ferrari octagonal socket, and did periodic checks.

Pat
cartester is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 07:58 PM
  #9  
cartester
User
Thread Starter
 
cartester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by Suzy991 View Post
Tha fact that you have seen the different materials together is enough to convince me that it will look good

I'm looking forward to see pictures. It is a unique combination an certainly different than the common combinations. Kudos for that!!
I hope you're right, personal taste is a funny thing. I do plan to keep this car for a long time so I'd better like it.

Pat
cartester is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joining the group


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: