Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   Joining the group (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/783149-joining-the-group.html)

cartester 10-26-2013 12:28 AM

Joining the group

Hello everyone. I just placed my order for a 991 Turbo S Cabriolet for December-January build and March delivery.

Amaranth red with red roof
Espresso/Cognac interior
Mahogany Interior package
Dials in white

I was looking for a while for an off-lease 997 but couldn't find a good one one in the non standard colors especially a non-black interior. I hope the center hub wheels are less of an issue than the ones on my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.

Now I have the five month wait. :crying:

:cheers:

Pat

Love_Tacos_911 10-27-2013 01:36 AM

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics and read a review.

Cuda911 10-27-2013 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by cartester (Post 10858624)
... my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.
Pat

Your Testarossa sounds just like a 1972 Vega I used to own.

Sonnen Porsche 10-27-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by cartester (Post 10858624)
Hello everyone. I just placed my order for a 991 Turbo S Cabriolet for December-January build and March delivery.

Amaranth red with red roof
Espresso/Cognac interior
Mahogany Interior package
Dials in white

I was looking for a while for an off-lease 997 but couldn't find a good one one in the non standard colors especially a non-black interior. I hope the center hub wheels are less of an issue than the ones on my no longer owned '87 Testarossa. I actually had a wheel fall off once on that car.

Now I have the five month wait. :crying:

:cheers:

Pat

Congrats on the order! Have you seen the red roof on the Amaranth Red? They are very different shades of red.

Suzy991 10-27-2013 03:30 PM

Congrats to the OP!! :)

I agree with Sonnen Porsche. I hope you made your decision after you seen the combination, because the red roof and the Amaranth red exterior are two very different shades of red and at least look a bit odd with eachother IMHO.

Of course it is your car and you should order it the way you want, but sometimes people depend too much on the colors of the configurator, which are not always completely accurate (the difference in screens/monitors alone can make a huge difference). Colors need to be seen in person to make a good judgement.

Most important thing is that your car makes YOU happy though... ;)

Suzy (via iOS app)

cartester 10-27-2013 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche (Post 10861050)
Congrats on the order! Have you seen the red roof on the Amaranth Red? They are very different shades of red.

Thank you. I did make the selection after looking at dealer samples in different lighting. I preferred that combination to the guards red with the red roof. The on-line configurator does look vastly different than the material samples and you really have to see it in person. Of course you never know until you see the car but I wanted something different than the usual black roof.

The top will be down most of the time anyway. :)

Pat

Suzy991 10-27-2013 07:51 PM

That's one of the reasons why I mentioned it. If the top is down, the upper trim of your interior is espresso, the car amaranth red and in between you have a red fabric "deck".
That said... I haven't seen it in in person, so my judgement is purely on how I imagine it will look.

Tha fact that you have seen the different materials together is enough to convince me that it will look good :)

I'm looking forward to see pictures. It is a unique combination an certainly different than the common combinations. Kudos for that!! :)

Suzy (via iOS app)

cartester 10-27-2013 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cuda911 (Post 10860419)
Your Testarossa sounds just like a 1972 Vega I used to own.

The independent repair tech failed to properly retorque the center hub after a service. Fortunately it happened as I was just leaving a stop light and the wheel stayed in the fender well and supported the car so there was no damage.

The hub had fallen completely off about a mile earlier. I know this because I did later go back and find it by the side of the road. I did get the owner of the shop to come to my house and check the rest of the wheels after an angry phone call.

After that I got a big giant torque wrench, an expensive Ferrari octagonal socket, and did periodic checks.

Pat

cartester 10-27-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Suzy991 (Post 10861635)
Tha fact that you have seen the different materials together is enough to convince me that it will look good :)

I'm looking forward to see pictures. It is a unique combination an certainly different than the common combinations. Kudos for that!! :)

I hope you're right, personal taste is a funny thing. I do plan to keep this car for a long time so I'd better like it.

Pat