Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Can you believe how fast...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:05 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts

never made sense to have customers wait so long for special models. for ex. if my lease was up on the old turbo and new one isnt being offered yet, i would just leave porsche for another company. im not going to buy the new carrera if i want a turbo.

the idea that staggering individual models keeps the model line excitement going is silly. waiting might make sex more exciting but not car buying. lol
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Rennteam is an odd choice of username, but assuming you don't operate rennteam, I'll take your comments as opinion, not assertions of facts, though you've written as if you're advising small children of the way the world turns.

The sales reports make it clear the Cayenne is the cash cow and some have said the Macan is expected to be far more than a badged VW Tiguan. Here's hoping. But the rest of what you've suggested is conjecture from the outside looking in. VW has already made statements about their control of Porsche. There's no such thing as a billion dollar acquisition (this is no "merger") where the acquirer and the subsumed somehow continue unaltered. VW has run this game plan with several other beloved marques and the results have been less than lovable. I think it's entirely accurate to depict VW in a shiny black mask with respiratory problems.
I(we) run Rennteam (the reason for the user name) and I know what I am talking about, being close to the Porsche brand for over 14 years now.
VW is VW, Porsche is Porsche but I love it when people just follow the gossip and misinformation in the media. Of course VW controls Porsche to some degree but they are still quite independent and they do not employ VW engineers in Weissach.
Actually, if you follow the Porsche Holding SE and VW financial news closely, you will learn fast that over 51% of VW is actually in the hands of the Porsche family (incl. Piech). Meaning: VW belongs to Porsche (like Wiedeking always dreamt of) but due to a special German "VW law", they do not "control" VW. Since Piech is in the VW executive board, I wouldn't worry though. Of course you knew that.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Rennteam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
never made sense to have customers wait so long for special models. for ex. if my lease was up on the old turbo and new one isnt being offered yet, i would just leave porsche for another company. im not going to buy the new carrera if i want a turbo.

the idea that staggering individual models keeps the model line excitement going is silly. waiting might make sex more exciting but not car buying. lol
Exactly. The change in 911 Turbo model strategy is quite refreshing but this could be connected to the introduction of a rumored "960" in the upper price range.

Quick Reply: Can you believe how fast...