Sponsored by: Road Spy

John@EvoSpec Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 02:39 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Anyhow… It looks like right now there are 3 people currently affected by the situation at EVOspec in this thread unless I am missing something? Again anyone who would like help and can read through the drama/slander please feel free to reach out.

I have people in the area and am working on getting the doors opened as the first priority and then figuring out what to do for John himself. Payam, on your motor we can hopefully discuss by the end of this week or next week how I can help that go forward. @Hwyranger thank you for the email response. I will also work on this for you. It’s going to be costly but I am committed for my clients involved and I want it to benefit as many people as possible. @heyitsfish I’ll talk to you again soon as well, bud. @flsupraguy I know you’ve had a few threads inquiring about EVOspec in the past. If there’s anything I can do to help please let me know. Sounds like you went or are going in a different direction so that’s good. I just think this thread should stay on track and as far as all the slander here I’ll let it sort itself out. 1% client drama is not going to affect my reputation and definitely 100% of clients are not valid or rational in their arguments so it is what it is. There’s always more to it. I’m obviously doing everything that would be expected of someone involved in ongoing builds to secure my clients property and out of others if I can.

Will continue with follow up as things progress.
@SamboTT@ByDesign I'm not "slandering". I'm sharing my own real personal experience dealing with John which I can document fully. I made post about him previously so others wouldn't have the same issues (as we are a community that is setup to share and help each other)... I wish it was only 1% that was is having "drama". I would recommend you clearly define in the future that you/John are not the same as the lines seem to get skewed when problems come to the surface... My main question is if John has been so unreliable for so long why would a vendor continue to affiliate themselves with him??
Old 08-28-2024, 02:46 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,153 Likes on 3,140 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
@SamboTT@ByDesign I'm not "slandering". I'm sharing my own real personal experience dealing with John which I can document fully. I made post about him previously so others wouldn't have the same issues (as we are a community that is setup to share and help each other)... I wish it was only 1% that was is having "drama". I would recommend you clearly define in the future that you/John are not the same as the lines seem to get skewed when problems come to the surface... My main question is if John has been so unreliable for so long why would a vendor continue to affiliate themselves with him??
Loyalty is hard pressed when you want someone to succeed, yet refuse to acknowledge the signs of impending collapse.

Happy to see a solution is working itself out.
Old 08-28-2024, 02:47 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 594 Posts

Thank you for your response. I actually was not referring to you. I meant what I said when I mentioned that sounds like you went in a different direction and I’m glad for you. When a vendor is used by another vendor for several years projects get deep and long. Sometimes three years I’ve heard all kinds of stories with other similar situations so when this happens, you have to do your best, especially when it’s high volume and some of the people that you’re working with are OK with it they just, lean on you to stay on top of it as possible. And then there’s human aspect. I’ve tried to help. I’ve been doing this for a long time and I’ve known a lot of people gone through a lot of things we all have. I don’t agree with the way everything was conducted, but my affiliation has been one of my vendors just like others. When you have multiple projects over multiple years , it gets very complicated to make the decision as to how much effort and money you invest to keep things moving the best way you can. Everything I’m dealing with now is old business and transactions that we are trying to resolve for our clients as I mentioned even others that I have absolutely nothing to do with. This is no different than the way. I’ve conducted myself ever since the beginning of this forum so that’s what I’ll stick to. I appreciate you starting this thread to help people and I hope/believe that it is.

Whatever has transpired with John and his company has led him to bankruptcy and he shut down for new business. Everything here is about reconciliation and recovery and me doing my part to help with my commitment to my clients and the community. That’s what this thread Is about and so that’s how I’m responding. In the future, we will figure out and we are working on a permanent solution for the by design engine program and those involved. But this is all about helping everyone get where they need to be and it’s been many years and I’ve stayed committed.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 08-28-2024, 02:49 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 594 Posts

Yes, I probably created two large of a lifeboat, reeled out too much rope, but ultimately it was all with best intentions to help everyone including John. I don’t like to see anyone hurt or fail or go through a hard time. My main priority currently is my personal clients and the community. Secondary, I will still not want to see anyone hurt or fail if I can help it. At this point, I would just like to see him get on his feet and be healthy and move on. But my priority are the clients because it seems that’s where we are at now.
The following users liked this post:
superslighty (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 08:33 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think what is important here is the effort to mitigate immense losses, and get folks back their gear.

Unfortunately, life is such that sometimes it really doesn't go our way, so I applaud your efforts to make it right, I am very confident that it will neither be easy, or cheap.

Cheers,
Old 08-29-2024, 02:23 AM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Loyalty is hard pressed when you want someone to succeed, yet refuse to acknowledge the signs of impending collapse.

Happy to see a solution is working itself out.

Why are you speaking for Sam on a situation that doesn't involve your hard earned money? Is he not a big boy capable of speaking for himself? Did your speech not land you in the hot seat when you attacked my thread ?

Please answer these three questions?

I am a peaceful American seeking logic to understand a very illogical problem that has gone on for far too long.

Last edited by Chameleon63$; 08-29-2024 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2024, 08:15 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just happy to see it getting sorted, it's a sad situation all around.
Old 08-29-2024, 09:50 AM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Just happy to see it getting sorted, it's a sad situation all around.
A male of CONVENIENT words. NO DOUBT!
Old 08-29-2024, 12:15 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don't think this scenario is at all convenient, as much as say, sad, but also a pitfall of playing with cars - if one doesn't have any insight into the personal life of the folks that run a shop, it says to me that one cannot make a fully informed decision on whether or not to plant confidence there, and if (or in this case when), something goes south, it usually does so slowly at first, then catastrophically at the end.

It would seem the landlord is being reasonable by letting the customers get their gear out, and as far as financial recovery is concerned, it looks as if retaining counsel and going after the owner is going to be the only way, and that will be dependent upon how many creditors are ahead of anyone's personal claims.

As I said, very sad, but it's good that the community is coming together to make the best out of a sh1tty situation.

Cheers,
The following 3 users liked this post by 2fcknfst:
bigrpowr (08-29-2024), onfireTTS (08-29-2024), RadarP3C (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 07:23 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

ON AN ALL NEW EPISODE OF AMERICAN GREED
Old 08-30-2024, 11:42 PM
TurboSlipNot
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

If it is possible to recover the hardware then there are reputable builders who can execute specs but they'll still have to qualify what if anything has been done and how well... hopefully evospec kept good books on their work. I'm fairly new to the Porsche aftermarket scene after a 20y break but its not looking great here in the US (hence I have a Turkish motor and Kuwaiti tune) - between small time shops doing things that smell like post-soviet russian "entrepreneurship," and bigger ones using exclusivity contracts to gate the market, there's a big opening for honest, open, quality engineering. Whatever folks think of Sam in relation to his vendors, I know he has worked with my shop here on the east coast and they don't hand praise out lightly. If there really are bunch of 30-70k builds outstanding then maybe it makes sense to get on war production footing as a community and actually un-f the US build ecosystem for everyone?
Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Perhaps.

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?