Sponsored by: Road Spy

John@EvoSpec Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 08:00 PM
DubaiPorsche
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
You guys act like I'm not in the same boat... My car hasn't been running right since 2019 when I gave my car to Evospec. Ive spent about 170k in mods on this car not including the car itself, the car has been at Evospec for a total of 34 months back and forth 3 times for the same head lifting situation.
A few of the parts I bought were from Sam and he has been nothing but fast and prompt in delivering and helping. You guys seem to misunderstand that he is stuck in the middle and just relaying the information that is given to him by JB. I too have a slew of excuses in my texts from him with "I got covid, threw out my back, my family is sick, etc etc" There's only so much Sam can do being 400 miles away in another state.

Here's my build thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...5-built4l.html
yes Payam, you’re right. I totally agree with you, 100%. What you fail to mention is that Sam, the perfectionist and professional that he claims to be, deals with and continues to deal with John (the opposite of perfectionist), despite knowing deep down what kind of games John plays. In my eyes and the court of law, he (Sam) is liable by association.

If my wife is dealing drgs out of the house and I say nothing and even bring her customers, and continue to defend her habits, even though I am not selling the substances myself, I AM STILL GUILTY! YOU CANT CLAIM INNOCENCE! How is this even a debate or a conversation???

2 peas in a pod.
Old 08-27-2024, 08:01 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,153 Likes on 3,140 Posts

This is the last warning...
The following users liked this post:
DubaiPorsche (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 08:49 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DubaiPorsche
yes Payam, you’re right. I totally agree with you, 100%. What you fail to mention is that Sam, the perfectionist and professional that he claims to be, deals with and continues to deal with John (the opposite of perfectionist), despite knowing deep down what kind of games John plays. In my eyes and the court of law, he (Sam) is liable by association.

If my wife is dealing drgs out of the house and I say nothing and even bring her customers, and continue to defend her habits, even though I am not selling the substances myself, I AM STILL GUILTY! YOU CANT CLAIM INNOCENCE! How is this even a debate or a conversation???

2 peas in a pod.
Adam, I remember your mess as well and IIRC it had nothing to do with Sam. It was between you and Evospec on the parts you bought. Basically the same situation that I and other customers are in.
There's only so much one can do. JB had a slow decline, it wasn't like this 5 years ago and you know it too. **** just got out of hand and that's the end of it. We're trying to figure out a solution to this ordeal so everyone can come out clean.

You're not even in this platform anymore so IDK why you're instigating and poking around.
I don't want to be in this mess and you've seen the other mess that I've had to deal with on my R8 as well. I can't catch a break, so please be courteous and respectful. Nobody wants to be in this position, we all work hard for our money and this is our hobby.

The following 2 users liked this post by Payam:
bigrpowr (08-27-2024), Pb Pedis (08-28-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 08:51 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Adam, I remember your mess as well and IIRC it had nothing to do with Sam. It was between you and Evospec on the parts you bought. Basically the same situation that I and other customers are in.
There's only so much one can do. JB had a slow decline, it wasn't like this 5 years ago and you know it too. **** just got out of hand and that's the end of it. We're trying to figure out a solution to this ordeal so everyone can come out clean.

You're not even in this platform anymore so IDK why you're instigating and poking around.
I don't want to be in this mess and you've seen the other mess that I've had to deal with on my R8 as well. I can't catch a break, so please be courteous and respectful. Nobody wants to be in this position, we all work hard for our money and this is our hobby.
This is the way to be civil.

Old 08-27-2024, 09:27 PM
914GT
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Ridiculous. Sorry for those that got burned
Old 08-27-2024, 09:48 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Nah Sam is just a master manipulator, and has no actual “tuning” skills beyond selling himself. He farms everything out to lowest bidders. John was actually a good engine builder with some personal issues (don’t we all) but a terrible business man, he was always behind and couldn’t deliver this is not new. but he DID try to build you a good motor and took pride in whatever he could deliver back 4-5 years ago until things went south.

Sam is a chameleon to anyone who actually got deep enough to know his tricks, but they work on all the new comers throwing $$$ his way falling for his sales pitches. He just has an army of “supporters” who he sold a downpipe to at cost or a ****ty Cobb tune, who follow him around.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:53 PM
white997
Instructor

Also Sam’s “explanation” that somehow this is almost normal / expected and “things happen” is beyond delusional and completely ridiculous. Anyone in the business can name you a list of shops / parts manufacturers / tunners that DO NOT close their doors down due to “**** happens” reasons and don’t get into messes like this, that are now near normal for Sam and his crew.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:53 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by white997
Nah Sam is just a master manipulator, and has no actual “tuning” skills beyond selling himself. He farms everything out to lowest bidders. John was actually a good engine builder with some personal issues (don’t we all) but a terrible business man, he was always behind and couldn’t deliver this is not new. but he DID try to build you a good motor and took pride in whatever he could deliver back 4-5 years ago until things went south.

Sam is a chameleon to anyone who actually got deep enough to know his tricks, but they work on all the new comers throwing $$$ his way falling for his sales pitches. He just has an army of “supporters” who he sold a downpipe to at cost or a ****ty Cobb tune, who follow him around.
I love chameleons HES MORE OF A BLACK WIDOW OF WIDOW MAKERS
Old 08-27-2024, 11:19 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by white997
He just has an army of “supporters” who he sold a downpipe to at cost or a ****ty Cobb tune, who follow him around.
That statement just invalidated your incredibly weak and uniformed rant. It sounds like he's living rent free in your head.

The following 2 users liked this post by bigrpowr:
onfireTTS (08-28-2024), Pb Pedis (08-28-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 11:56 PM
white997
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
That statement just invalidated your incredibly weak and uniformed rant. It sounds like he's living rent free in your head.
with all the evictions he and John are facing I guess he needs to stay somewhere
The following users liked this post:
Chameleon63$ (08-28-2024)
Old 08-28-2024, 02:05 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's called customer engines, dip****. If you have nothing constructive then GTFO of this thread.

You really should read my thread.

Also to have audacity to call me an unintelligent name while admitting you let those guys work on the same car three times over the course of 34 months and still don't have it back says all I really need to know about you.
Old 08-28-2024, 02:10 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 808 Posts

I find it a bit ironic that certain people continue to defend someone that has cost many members tens of thousands of dollars. If anyone calls out the facts of their own experience the mods quickly shut it down. Perhaps we should rename Rennlist to "Stockholm syndrome"?.........................
Old 08-28-2024, 02:12 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
You really should read my thread.

Also to have audacity to call me an unintelligent name while admitting you let those guys work on the same car three times over the course of 34 months and still don't have it back says all I really need to know about you.
I read it... as stated we're in the same boat.

Yes, it's under his "warranty" When you're in the car as much as I am in mine you're not going to go and spend double to get it "fixed"
Did you know I've reached out to other engine builders to get my engine redone? Did you know that none of them would touch the engine and told me they want a new long block to start over?
Nope, so as stated again you're very unintelligent
Old 08-28-2024, 02:13 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So, to get us back on track here; is there a working solution yet for everyone to get their gear out of the now seized shop?
Old 08-28-2024, 02:27 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 594 Posts

Anyhow… It looks like right now there are 3 people currently affected by the situation at EVOspec in this thread unless I am missing something? Again anyone who would like help and can read through the drama/slander please feel free to reach out.

I have people in the area and am working on getting the doors opened as the first priority and then figuring out what to do for John himself. Payam, on your motor we can hopefully discuss by the end of this week or next week how I can help that go forward. @Hwyranger thank you for the email response. I will also work on this for you. It’s going to be costly but I am committed for my clients involved and I want it to benefit as many people as possible. @heyitsfish I’ll talk to you again soon as well, bud. @flsupraguy I know you’ve had a few threads inquiring about EVOspec in the past. If there’s anything I can do to help please let me know. Sounds like you went or are going in a different direction so that’s good. I just think this thread should stay on track and as far as all the slander here I’ll let it sort itself out. 1% client drama is not going to affect my reputation and definitely 100% of clients are not valid or rational in their arguments so it is what it is. There’s always more to it. I’m obviously doing everything that would be expected of someone involved in ongoing builds to secure my clients property and out of others if I can.

Will continue with follow up as things progress.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?