Sponsored by: Road Spy

John@EvoSpec Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2024, 03:19 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
You personally have several engines? Sam you don't own a Porsche !
It's called customer engines, dip****. If you have nothing constructive then GTFO of this thread.
The following 2 users liked this post by Payam:
onfireTTS (08-27-2024), Pb Pedis (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 03:24 PM
Payam
Instructor

Originally Posted by white997
Sam pitches this story every 2-3 years to a new batch of “screwed over” customers. always same old pitch. Sam makes up a bunch of lies and clears his debts to start all over. Amazing how rennlist still allows this Sam to continue.

You guys ever hear the scam that was popular in the 80s where car “brokers” would take your car sell it and then never pay you, and then months later a “friend” would call you in the middle of the night and say “hey Josh is really unwell and upset to tell you what happened, and his son has a drug problem and he stole your money”. And then people would fall for it sympathizing for the “broker”.

sound familiar ?
Sam has been helping me and other customers throughout this whole ordeal. He's stuck in the middle of it and doing his best to get his customers cars/engines out as well as other peoples (like mine) that have no business with him at all.

This deal was between Evospec and I but Sam has stepped up to help me and keep me updated in this mess while John Bray hasn't answered me in over 4 months now. Working through the this mess with the landlord as well helping to open the doors so we can see what to do and remove what is needed.
Assuming that this is the best solution. We are working diligently in the background to get everyone sorted so please refrain from BS posts if you're not part of this mess.

This is for people who have engines/cars sitting and Evospec so we can work together to ensure everyone gets their stuff back. We are small community and need to be a team instead of tearing each other apart. Stay professional and stop this BS slander.
The following 3 users liked this post by Payam:
D1al911 (08-27-2024), onfireTTS (08-27-2024), Pb Pedis (08-28-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 04:14 PM
blackhorseturbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to give my condolences on his father's passing. Can't seem to find the obituary.
Old 08-27-2024, 04:55 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam
It's called customer engines, dip****. If you have nothing constructive then GTFO of this thread.

You have much to learn about whom your buddy is buddy!

I recommend going and taking a deeper dive into white997, myself, and numerous others history with this crew .
Old 08-27-2024, 05:00 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by blackhorseturbo
I went to give my condolences on his father's passing. Can't seem to find the obituary.
I suspect you won't.

After a year and half of broken promises when I went to collect my 70K+ ish in parts and labor "complete" car they told me I couldn't come accept my car in Torrance California at the "shop" they would have to ship it back as Sam's wife has a condition that doesn't allow him to leave the house. Unfortunate if true but highly unlikely. Much more likely a case of not wanting to be face to face when I realized I had been scammed / fraud.

These guys have some stories.
Old 08-27-2024, 05:14 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 759 Posts

If it’s real use the courts not the forum. My experience with Sam was flawless.
Old 08-27-2024, 05:31 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Penn4S
If it’s real use the courts not the forum. My experience with Sam was flawless.
You must be US Constitutional expert.

Don't tell me how or when to speak about what.
Old 08-27-2024, 05:41 PM
white997
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Sam has been helping me and other customers throughout this whole ordeal. He's stuck in the middle of it and doing his best to get his customers cars/engines out as well as other peoples (like mine) that have no business with him at all.

This deal was between Evospec and I but Sam has stepped up to help me and keep me updated in this mess while John Bray hasn't answered me in over 4 months now. Working through the this mess with the landlord as well helping to open the doors so we can see what to do and remove what is needed.
Assuming that this is the best solution. We are working diligently in the background to get everyone sorted so please refrain from BS posts if you're not part of this mess.

This is for people who have engines/cars sitting and Evospec so we can work together to ensure everyone gets their stuff back. We are small community and need to be a team instead of tearing each other apart. Stay professional and stop this BS slander.
Well i can tell you firsthand that Sam/John gave me basically the same story 4 years ago..... of course someone else finished my car that cost me extra $25-35k (cant even remember at this point) and 2 years of my life. Sam went from "John is my best friend and business partner, wire me $30k deposit to "i barely talk to john" when you catch on to their game. Sam will have a new "sob story" weekly for you as long as you keep paying his bills.

Last edited by white997; 08-27-2024 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 05:57 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,153 Likes on 3,140 Posts

Ok - no name calling, slinging ****, or otherwise demeaning commentary or behavior will be tolerated.

Reading through this thread, seems as if there is most certainly a problem with a vendor, yet to be fully defined, and some of the folks here are attempting to help sort it out, so, let's keep it civil.

Cheers,
Old 08-27-2024, 05:58 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,153 Likes on 3,140 Posts

Govern yourselves accordingly.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:22 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 808 Posts

I had issues with John in the past but was quickly told by certain vendor's "oh that's not normal, he answers me when I call all the time"...... interesting............

Last edited by flsupraguy; 08-27-2024 at 07:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chameleon63$ (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 07:34 PM
romvendor
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

@2fcknfst Aren't you the guy that was antisemitic in another post?
Old 08-27-2024, 07:47 PM
DubaiPorsche
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

FACEPALM !!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Chameleon63$ (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 07:50 PM
Payam
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chameleon63$
You have much to learn about whom your buddy is buddy!

I recommend going and taking a deeper dive into white997, myself, and numerous others history with this crew .
Originally Posted by white997
Well i can tell you firsthand that Sam/John gave me basically the same story 4 years ago..... of course someone else finished my car that cost me extra $25-35k (cant even remember at this point) and 2 years of my life. Sam went from "John is my best friend and business partner, wire me $30k deposit to "i barely talk to john" when you catch on to their game. Sam will have a new "sob story" weekly for you as long as you keep paying his bills.
You guys act like I'm not in the same boat... My car hasn't been running right since 2019 when I gave my car to Evospec. Ive spent about 170k in mods on this car not including the car itself, the car has been at Evospec for a total of 34 months back and forth 3 times for the same head lifting situation.
A few of the parts I bought were from Sam and he has been nothing but fast and prompt in delivering and helping. You guys seem to misunderstand that he is stuck in the middle and just relaying the information that is given to him by JB. I too have a slew of excuses in my texts from him with "I got covid, threw out my back, my family is sick, etc etc" There's only so much Sam can do being 400 miles away in another state.

Here's my build thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...5-built4l.html

Old 08-27-2024, 07:54 PM
Payam
Instructor

Originally Posted by DubaiPorsche
FACEPALM !!!!!!!!
I expected more than this from you Adam. You know I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm not backing anybody up. Just relaying the truth as I don't pick sides with anyone. I'm neutral as can be in this industry.

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?