John@EvoSpec Closed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2024, 12:14 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 594 Posts

Pleasure. Please feel free to send me an email and I’ll be there for you to help.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 08-26-2024, 07:10 PM
Payam
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Anybody got an update on this?

Heard there are eviction notices all over the shop and it's been emptied out.

Are we all out on a 60-70K built engine?
Old 08-26-2024, 07:43 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 248 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Payam

Old 08-26-2024, 09:49 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 242 Posts

ruh-roh . hoping this is fake news!!
Old 08-26-2024, 10:18 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 247 Likes on 177 Posts

If I gave this guy 60-70K for services never received , you better believe I would be on this guy’s doorsteps with my brother Vito to collect my stuff and money. First of all, I would never pay upfront that much money for car stuff, period!

Last edited by mffarrell; 08-27-2024 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 12:35 AM
Payam
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mffarrell
If I gave this guy 60-70K for services never received , you better believe I would on this guy’s doorsteps with my brother Vito to collect my stuff and money. First of all, I would never pay upfront that much money for car stuff, period!
Oh, I've paid him double for all the work.

I'm just counting if I dont get my motor back, I'll have to buy another which is probably 30k and then get it built again which is probably another 30k.
Old 08-27-2024, 01:17 AM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried to bring light to this crew being scammers months ago . I got taken by this crew big time also.

Here is a link to the thread on my issues which was eventually edited and locked.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1412...otorsport.html

Here is a post of the eviction notice at EVO SPEC / John Brays:

Feel free to DM me for a more honest discussion.

Sorry for all victims but please don't remain silent and allow this to continue to others.

Last edited by Chameleon63$; 08-27-2024 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2024, 03:11 AM
DubaiPorsche
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey guys.
I’m sorry to say that John has been struggling with lots of unfortunate issues and to top it off he lost his father last week. Without getting too deep into it he’s had a rough ride for the past few years and I know he’s doing his best. I know there’s been a lot of just frustration out there. My .02 on the matter is that I truly believe there’s a difference between a bad person and a person going through a tough time. That being said, dealings where I am directly involved I’ve been doing my best to manage and help everyone involved. Slowly, but surely things are catching up, and there’s been a lot of people who are very patient and understanding which I personally appreciate very much. I’m happy to say that most of my clients have been or are just about getting wrapped up. 90% of them have been amazing and understanding which really helps the process. This all happened at a time when job volume was at an absolute peak, so it was a bad combination. Otherwise I can say that John has been there for me when I’ve needed him so I’m trying to be there for him to help him get through this which means help everyone involved get through this. Large projects/builds and engine builds can often take a very long time but unfortunate circumstances which affect communication can make it really frustrating. I know there’s a lot of people who have had no communication myself included.

I’ve been reluctant to post about it because it is personal but at the same time there’s a lot of people who ask questions and the motive is not clear. I’d be happy to answer questions if anyone is interested in doing engine upgrades and was considering this path. Or even if I can help as I’ve been for the last couple years with people who were dealing directly with John in the middle of this. Otherwise I think it’s pretty easy to kick someone while they’re down. With that, I will say if there’s anything I can do to help anyone I’d be happy to do my best. This includes people that I either have very little or absolutely nothing to do with the build. I’ll still do my best for everyone. This has been emotionally and financially quite costly, but I am committed to help everyone get through it to the best of my ability for our customers and the community.

Sorry for the long message, but hoping to be sensitive and as clear as I can be. All the best.
joke 😂
Old 08-27-2024, 09:52 AM
DubaiPorsche
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

The Porsche community especially is so hilarious to me. Nowhere in the world will you find customers so desperate and willing to put up with service providers that continue to scam and manipulate them over and over and over. Its absolutely pathetic, people, have some respect for yourselves.

This “man” John, who has scammed every single person he’s dealt with; from the countless stories I’ve heard to my own personal experience, is somehow STILL being given the benefit of the doubt. STILL! After hundreds of scams! Where can you find this in the world? How is this possible? Are you guys awake ?!?

The cherry on top; his friend and partner Sam, who is well aware of John’s shenanigans, and in on the whole game, mind you, comes in to defend him, pushing the same old story, that John has a lot on his plate, that John is sick, that John has personal problems, that John is so busy, that John has bad employees, that John is relying on slow machine shops, that John just can’t get a BREAK!! Trust me guys, John is a good guy!!! Oh he just scammed and lied to you?? Nono trust me he’s a good guy, that’s not his intention! He means well, really!

Every single business owner deals with the above challenges and even the worst ones don’t behave the way John does. Hes a scammer, he doesn’t care about you, your car, your money, your time.

How Sam has the audacity to pitch this story over and over is mind boggling. It’s simply disrespect in every single one of your faces. Just a complete joke. Anyone who has neurons in their brain, that function the way they are intended to, should realize that these two are simply taking you all on a ride. What a pity. Shame.

Oh and one last thing: Thanks Team!
The following 2 users liked this post by DubaiPorsche:
914GT (08-27-2024), white997 (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 10:42 AM
romvendor
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else find it weird that Sam is always there defending or being a voice for the people who are scammers in our platform? Sure does validate all of the sketchy stories we have all heard about him too. "Surround yourself with people you want to be."

Last edited by romvendor; 08-27-2024 at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
white997 (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 11:12 AM
white997
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Some things never change

Sam pitches this story every 2-3 years to a new batch of “screwed over” customers. always same old pitch. Sam makes up a bunch of lies and clears his debts to start all over. Amazing how rennlist still allows this Sam to continue.

You guys ever hear the scam that was popular in the 80s where car “brokers” would take your car sell it and then never pay you, and then months later a “friend” would call you in the middle of the night and say “hey Josh is really unwell and upset to tell you what happened, and his son has a drug problem and he stole your money”. And then people would fall for it sympathizing for the “broker”.

sound familiar ?
Old 08-27-2024, 11:14 AM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DubaiPorsche
The Porsche community especially is so hilarious to me. Nowhere in the world will you find customers so desperate and willing to put up with service providers that continue to scam and manipulate them over and over and over. Its absolutely pathetic, people, have some respect for yourselves.

This “man” John, who has scammed every single person he’s dealt with; from the countless stories I’ve heard to my own personal experience, is somehow STILL being given the benefit of the doubt. STILL! After hundreds of scams! Where can you find this in the world? How is this possible? Are you guys awake ?!?

The cherry on top; his friend and partner Sam, who is well aware of John’s shenanigans, and in on the whole game, mind you, comes in to defend him, pushing the same old story, that John has a lot on his plate, that John is sick, that John has personal problems, that John is so busy, that John has bad employees, that John is relying on slow machine shops, that John just can’t get a BREAK!! Trust me guys, John is a good guy!!! Oh he just scammed and lied to you?? Nono trust me he’s a good guy, that’s not his intention! He means well, really!

Every single business owner deals with the above challenges and even the worst ones don’t behave the way John does. Hes a scammer, he doesn’t care about you, your car, your money, your time.

How Sam has the audacity to pitch this story over and over is mind boggling. It’s simply disrespect in every single one of your faces. Just a complete joke. Anyone who has neurons in their brain, that function the way they are intended to, should realize that these two are simply taking you all on a ride. What a pity. Shame.

Oh and one last thing: Thanks Team!

THIS ..... I COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER ^^^
Old 08-27-2024, 11:38 AM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 979 Likes on 594 Posts

I have an update. It looks like the day after my post a notice of eviction was put on the door there. I have not spoken to John in over three weeks since I was informed of his father passing. I heard about this notice about a week ago and have been trying to confirm his whereabouts and condition as well as get a hold on quickest possible solution or set of solutions.

To make a few things clear as I know, there’s a lot of people with frustration and some who have barely lost anything who have a vendetta. I am not partners with John Bray. I am not partners in that business. He has done engines for myself and my clients just like other independent clients. So if anything I have more interest and risk of what’s going on there than anyone else here put together. Progress has been made as I’ve been very proactive in trying to help and move things along, but I’m in a different state and it’s difficult to have full access. I’m still trying to figure out what’s going on and I can confirm the building has not been emptied out.

I can’t help people trying to turn this thread into something else. That company is officially closed for new business and it’s been that way. There’s no secrets about the unfortunate downturn in the reputation of Johns company. Stating that there are scams being done and I am part of it doesn’t help anything in fact it’s slanderous and I won’t let it just continue. Currently I personally have several engines there, several customer vehicles and a few other customer engine projects that I will stand behind and work on resolving this unfortunate situation ASAP. At one point, I had 21 vehicles and projects there so again progress has been made and I’ve been doing my absolute best to resolve a very difficult situation as smoothly as possible. I’m also trying to help Payam and whoever else I can. I will continue to do everything in my power to straighten things out and still to this day. All I want to do is help everyone I can and help him get back on his feet or healthy or whatever I can. Sometimes these things can happen. It has happened before and it will unfortunately elsewhere probably happen again. We just have to do our best to get through it. But there are no scams going on here. Let’s keep it productive, please. i’m not saying for anyone to do any business with this man or cut any more slack or anything at all. As humans we try to do that both ways. But to be again very clear I think the goal right now is to make everyone as whole as possible and that’s something I have always done and will continue to do, it fits with my clients and whoever else I can help. it is not an easy task. Handling something like this is not easy in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 08-27-2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-27-2024, 12:18 PM
Chameleon63$
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
I have an update. It looks like the day after my post a notice of eviction was put on the door there. I have not spoken to John in over three weeks since I was informed of his father passing. I heard about this notice about a week ago and have been trying to confirm his whereabouts and condition as well as get a hold on quickest possible solution or set of solutions.

To make a few things clear as I know, there’s a lot of people with frustration and some who have barely lost anything who have a vendetta. I am not partners with John Bray. I am not partners in that business. He has done engines for myself and my clients just like other independent clients. So if anything I have more interest and risk of what’s going on there than anyone else here put together. Progress has been made as I’ve been very proactive in trying to help and move things along, but I’m in a different state and it’s difficult to have full access. I’m still trying to figure out what’s going on and I can confirm the building has not been emptied out.

I can’t help people trying to turn this thread into something else. That company is officially closed for new business and it’s been that way. There’s no secrets about the unfortunate downturn in the reputation of Johns company. Stating that there are scams being done and I am part of it doesn’t help anything in fact it’s slanderous and I won’t let it just continue. Currently I personally have several engines there, several customer vehicles and a few other customer engine projects that I will stand behind and work on resolving this unfortunate situation ASAP. At one point, I had 21 vehicles and projects there so again progress has been made and I’ve been doing my absolute best to resolve a very difficult situation as smoothly as possible. I’m also trying to help Payam and whoever else I can. I will continue to do everything in my power to straighten things out and still to this day. All I want to do is help everyone I can and help him get back on his feet or healthy or whatever I can. Sometimes these things can happen. It has happened before and it will unfortunately elsewhere probably happen again. We just have to do our best to get through it. But there are no scams going on here. Let’s keep it productive, please. i’m not saying for anyone to do any business with this man or cut any more slack or anything at all. As humans we try to do that both ways. But to be again very clear I think the goal right now is to make everyone as hole as possible and that’s something I have always done and will continue to do, it fits with my clients and whoever else I can help. it is not an easy task. Handling something like this is not easy in any way whatsoever.
You personally have several engines? Sam you don't own a Porsche !
Old 08-27-2024, 01:51 PM
romvendor
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish this forum had a laugh reaction feature like Facebook does.

Quick Reply: John@EvoSpec Closed?