Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Picked up a 991.2 TTS with Boost Logic Widowmaker 1100 package.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2024, 09:17 AM
FIR3
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad
AIM has been using Garretts for a while.
My car was done by them in earlier 2021 and it was a G30-770 setup which was the newer AIM/ES850 setup at the time.
It had a lot of headroom for a whole lot more power.
Time does march on, however, and new tech brings new recipes.
I do believe the 850 setups are full frame turbos with external gates, with some exceptions.

Good info thanks. I found this dyno of an ES850 car using G30-770 and power vs torque curves look just about perfect.

G30-770 is bigger than I expected for “850 kit” as even the G25-660 in my kit has a lot more headroom with a built motor. Maybe the larger size helps keep low end torque in check? Hoping to get a couple of curves on mine that look like that. Torque is nice and flat but still makes great power up top. If not I’ll adjust and power will be whatever it can be with torque where it needs to be.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:22 AM
FIR3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sirius9
Don't think there is any difference in pdk between the 991.1 & 991.2
I found the thread where it was mentioned 991.2 clutches hold more power than 991.1 on UK builds. If this is true, still torque constrained for factory rods but hoping this means I won’t need the Dodson clutches if tune is kept below rod torque limit.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post18246387
Old 07-08-2024, 10:17 AM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

This was my setup, pretty similar to the above. ^^
800whp on pump/meth, 880 on race gas/meth.

The following users liked this post:
FIR3 (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 10:24 AM
FIR3
Intermediate

Even better! Beautiful curve. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2024, 12:09 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 858 Posts

What is the orange graph ? No meth ?
Old 07-08-2024, 01:42 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
What is the orange graph ? No meth ?
No, I believe that was just one of the other pulls during the climb up the boost controller using the pump/meth map.
Old 07-08-2024, 03:42 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 858 Posts

No, I believe that was just one of the other pulls during the climb up the boost controller using the pump/meth map.
Would be interesting to see a package without meth hit the stock MAC 765 numbers , also without meth....even though the 765 is still lighter.....but RWD.

Here is a stock 720S vs a stock 765 Mac for reference.

Last edited by onfireTTS; 07-08-2024 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2024, 04:41 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by FIR3
For sure, that torque from initial boost logic dyno tune is aggressive. The owner felt the same way so car was immediately street tuned by Faisal to pull torque out down low and add a little boost up top. For some reason the car was not put back on the dyno to verify. I plan to verify.
Why did the original owner have the car retuned by someone else and not BL? The original tune torque is definitely spicy.

I spoke with owner who built the car last night and got a little more info.

Boost logic initially tuned the car on the dyno to around 800 whp peak on 93 + m1 meth at 25 psi. Dyno was a RWD dyno and showed around 750 toque which is a bit higher than ideal.

He was told 750 torque in RWD dyno is a lot different than AWD on the street but owner was still concerned so he had Boost Logic street tune the car in conjunction with Kuwait tuner Faisal Dashti of Xtreme performance to limit the torque.

Faisal reportedly set the car up to run at two peak boost levels (25 and 28-29psi) via changing correction offset on boost controller (base:10 vs base:30).. Both use the same tune and both use 93 plus meth, no race gas. (Is no race gas normal at high boost?) At low boost, max torque setting at the clutch is limited to 650 lb ft. At high boost it’s limited to 750 lb ft and estimated HP is 900 whp +/-. At high setting, the car ran a 60-130 in 4.9 seconds in Texas 100 degree heat.

There are not any dynos after street tuning but logs were reviewed by Faisal. Faisal told him only run the high boost if temp outside is above 55F, otherwise keep it on low boost to be safe when weather is cool. Car will be on low boost when I receive it and it’s been near 100 degrees this summer in NC.

There is an AWD dyno near me in NC so I’m thinking it may be a good idea to dyno the car on booth boost settings to get a better look at the torque curve. Maybe run it on intermediate boost level as well to find configuration with just under 700 lb ft. I may even be able to book some time in conjunction with a tuner to review everything and adjust as needed to be sure it’s all safe.

Any advice or recommendations others may have is welcomed as well. I’m in uncharted territory here. Thanks.
IMO 28-29 psi on pump and meth is also kind of spicy, it depends on meth setup too, which nozzles, when does it start to spray ect. Have you pulled a log?

I've heard of Faisal and have spoken to him at tx2k before, he does know what he's talking about. I have G30's on my car, but do know a few people who have had g25s on their car, 25psi is a good base number , should make right around 850whp and keep torque in check. It should live there for a very long time provided its driven in an educated manner.
FIR3 (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 04:45 PM
FIR3
Intermediate

Would be interesting to see a package without meth hit the stock MAC 765 numbers , also without meth....even though the 765 is still lighter.....but RWD.
Saw this in another thread when doing research earlier:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4777574

Stock fuel system without meth is good for about 650whp on upgraded VTG turbo and 700-720whp with full frame turbo like Boost Logic / AIM / ES use so sounds like somewhere between Mac 720 & 765 without meth.
onfireTTS (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 04:45 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Here is a stock 720S vs a stock 765 Mac for reference.

What does no meth and what mclarens dyno have anything to do with OPs thread?
Old 07-08-2024, 04:54 PM
FIR3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arkadyzv
Why did the original owner have the car retuned by someone else and not BL? The original tune torque is definitely spicy.

IMO 28-29 psi on pump and meth is also kind of spicy, it depends on meth setup too, which nozzles, when does it start to spray ect. Have you pulled a log?

I've heard of Faisal and have spoken to him at tx2k before, he does know what he's talking about. I have G30's on my car, but do know a few people who have had g25s on their car, 25psi is a good base number , should make right around 850whp and keep torque in check. It should live there for a very long time provided its driven in an educated manner.
Car should be here Thursday or Friday. First thing I’m going to do, weather permitting is pull a log on the 25psi setting and send it to Faisal for review.

AIM / ES seems to be the premier go to shop in US & UK. I couldn’t find many boost logic 911 builds in the US. The former owner of my car lived in Texas and had some other cars built by Boost Logic and has a good relationship with them so he had them build this 911 too. Boost logic did the spicy torque tune so he went with Faisal to pull out low-end torque and add some power up top. Apparently car was at Boost Logic when street tuned but they worked with Faisal to refine the tune. I looked up Faisal and Xtreme Performance. From his Instagram feed, he appears to do a bunch of 991s with this same exact BL1100 kit at his shop in Kuwait. It makes sense prior owner went with him for tuning as he knows the combo well.

Last edited by FIR3; 07-08-2024 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2024, 04:58 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Saw this in another thread when doing research earlier:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4777574

Stock fuel system without meth is good for about 650whp on upgraded VTG turbo and 700-720whp with full frame turbo like Boost Logic / AIM / ES use so sounds like somewhere between Mac 720 & 765 without meth.
Yea, Ryan at AIM said my car made around 700whp on straight 93 on a safe tune but I never ran it that way.
I believe they have an even newer VTG setup that runs very strong, maybe even stronger, on pump only, that's the way I plan to go with the next one.
That thread you linked is 2019, so those were older results but still solid for the time.
Old 07-08-2024, 05:16 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Car should be here Thursday or Friday. First thing I’m going to do, weather permitting is pull a log on the 25psi setting and send it to Faisal for review.

AIM / ES seems to be the premier go to shop in US & UK. I couldn’t find many boost logic 911 builds in the US. The former owner of my car lived in Texas and had some other cars built by Boost Logic and has a good relationship with them so he had them build this 911 too. I looked up Faisal and Xtreme Performance. From his Instagram feed, he appears to do a bunch of 991s with this same exact BL1100 kit at his shop in Kuwait. It makes sense prior owner went with him for tuning as he knows the combo well.
I think the BL kit is the cheapest option as far as full frame kits go, the issue from what I've heard is the tuning. Yeah I agree we spoke at length about porsche tuning in person at tx2k a few years ago. He did know what he was talking about so he is your best option. My suggestion is do a base 22 psi, mid 25 psi and a high of 27ish. A no meth option never really made sense to me with full frames as you get the octane and the cooling, the IAT's with meth are always great , and I dont like making any real power on just pump 93. At 25 psi this thing should make right around 850ish and run low ish 5's , trap right around 145 and live forever and be very fun to drive. And I think thats the sweet spot for these.
FIR3 (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 05:27 PM
FIR3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arkadyzv
I think the BL kit is the cheapest option as far as full frame kits go, the issue from what I've heard is the tuning. Yeah I agree we spoke at length about porsche tuning in person at tx2k a few years ago. He did know what he was talking about so he is your best option. My suggestion is do a base 22 psi, mid 25 psi and a high of 27ish. A no meth option never really made sense to me with full frames as you get the octane and the cooling, the IAT's with meth are always great , and I dont like making any real power on just pump 93. At 25 psi this thing should make right around 850ish and run low ish 5's , trap right around 145 and live forever and be very fun to drive. And I think thats the sweet spot for these.
Good info thanks. Tuning an issue how? Managing torque or just finding someone who is familiar with them?
Old 07-08-2024, 05:51 PM
arkadyzv
Rennlist Member

Good info thanks. Tuning an issue how? Managing torque or just finding someone who is familiar with them?
Didn't seem to have it fully figured out at least years ago at least with the inhouse tuning. The original owner having someone else retune it also instead of just going back to who did it originally. Have heard of others with BL kits trying to get AIM to tune it, ect. I dont have any specifics, just saying that it seems like while the hardware is good, the inhouse porsche tuning isnt figured it out fully. Each platform has its own tips and tricks, tuning for power and dyno graphs is easy, making it drive well, perform and last is the difficult part. But as previously stated I do think you are in good hands and you're not looking for anything magical so it exists.
FIR3 (07-08-2024)

Quick Reply: Picked up a 991.2 TTS with Boost Logic Widowmaker 1100 package.