Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Radiator protection - Rennline or Zunsport or ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 01:22 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
What I like most about the Zunsport over the Rennline for my particular car was:

1) I didn't have to remove the nose, and mess with the retractable spoiler mounts and plumbing;
2) On the 991.1 Turbo S, I think it looks better and more finished because the Zunsports fit slush at the rear edge of the plastic inserts, which line all the nose openings. 90% of the fins are still in front of the grilles. Because of the OEM plastic inserts, there's no danger of paint scratching.

I haven't examined a 991.2, which may be different. To me, it looks like a neater install on the 991.1 than the Rennlines would have been.
All good points about the Zunsports being the easier one to install. Like I said, the Rennline center radiator grill being behind the center fins was my deciding factor even through the install was much more difficult. The main purpose is to have cheap insurance to prevent a costly repair. BTW, during the install, I found the center radiator had taken a very big hit. Was surprised the rock that must've have hit it didn't cause a leak. Dodged a bullet there.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:35 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 276 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RadarP3C
All good points about the Zunsports being the easier one to install. Like I said, the Rennline center radiator grill being behind the center fins was my deciding factor even through the install was much more difficult. The main purpose is to have cheap insurance to prevent a costly repair. BTW, during the install, I found the center radiator had taken a very big hit. Was surprised the rock that must've have hit it didn't cause a leak. Dodged a bullet there.
Gotcha . . . there is no center fin on the 991.1. It's completely wide open.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:42 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Foosh
Gotcha . . . there is no center fin on the 991.1. It's completely wide open.
ok

Quick Reply: Radiator protection - Rennline or Zunsport or ???