Sponsored by: Road Spy

Scammed by Speed Gallery Miami

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 02:19 AM
aft86
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Scammed by Speed Gallery Miami

I recently listed a center control module (the one that controls the sport/plus modes, sunroof, pdcc, etc) from a 991.2 turbo on ebay. The "wonderful and honest" people at Speed Gallery Miami made an offer and I accepted it. The next day before going to work I shipped it in care of Mario R. Guerra at Speed Gallery Miami via USPS. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, right?...Wrong!

A few days later after they received the module I get a message from them asking for a refund because according to them "it wasn't compatible with their car". I am an honest person and I don't want to screw anyone over so I immediately accepted the return. Mario Guerra from Speed Gallery Miami uploaded a image to eBay that clearly showed that the sunroof, sun shaded, and tilt buttons were not right. Initially, I thought they might've been damaged in shipping.

Fast forward a few days, I received the module and Mario received his refund. Upon inspecting the unit I immediately noticed that the buttons were not damaged. They had clearly opened the module and stolen the springs that make these buttons work. I unscrewed the 6 screws that keep this thing together and lo and behold, missing springs. I now have the task of ordering finding the correct size springs (not an easy task) and sell this again with the caveat of "this has been opened and tweaked"

The purpose of this post is more to inform of the fact that shady things like this really give shops such a bad name. I for one will never sell anything to another shop or anyone that seems to be from a shop. When dealing with any shop, I will also double and triple check things, and also use my credit card only in case they try to scam me. The value of this module isn't that much but its more of the principle.

This first image is what I listed and shipped. The rest is where it went downhill.

Last edited by aft86; 03-01-2023 at 02:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SConn (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 03:36 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,228 Likes on 705 Posts

I have nothing but offensive things to say, so I'll just say that I'm speechless but not surprised.

aft86 (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 07:58 AM
davidtcpa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Is there a way to report this to eBay?
Old 03-01-2023, 08:57 AM
aft86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
Is there a way to report this to eBay?
I did some research and eBay tends to side with the buyer in a lot of cases. I did escalate my case and I am supposed to hear back but so far nothing. There are a bunch of scams like the broken replica scam, which what these guys did, and the sammer always gets away with on ebay.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:45 AM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,120 Likes on 865 Posts

No excuse for that. Did you call them and tell them that you know what they did ?
Old 03-01-2023, 10:01 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,499 Likes on 805 Posts

Growing up in Florida it is unfortunately pretty well known to be careful dealing with establishments in southeast florida
Old 03-01-2023, 10:11 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Growing up in Florida it is unfortunately pretty well known to be careful dealing with establishments in southeast florida
Growing up in Miami, I am all too familiar with the *Miami style* bullish!t that permeates everything - have to be extra careful with everything you want to buy or sell.
XLR82XS (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 11:02 AM
aft86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
No excuse for that. Did you call them and tell them that you know what they did ?
I didn't call but messaged. As you would think, prior to the sale he was very responsive but after the fact crickets.

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
Growing up in Miami, I am all too familiar with the *Miami style* bullish!t that permeates everything - have to be extra careful with everything you want to buy or sell.
It's sad that shops like this operate because I'm sure theres plenty of honest places that suffer because of the mistrust of the consumer.

I'm just glad its only $150 and not thousands of dollars. I would've been so pissed. Lesson learned!
Old 03-01-2023, 11:43 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,041 Likes on 658 Posts

^ Hindsight is 20/20, but their complaint that the part they purchased from you is not compatible with their car is really not your problem. The part you advertised was as described. If they bought the wrong part, they should have had two choices - eat it, or sell it themselves to someone else.
aft86 (03-01-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 08:42 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 417 Likes on 267 Posts

this friggen blows. sorry man.
aft86 (03-01-2023)

Quick Reply: Scammed by Speed Gallery Miami