Sponsored by: Road Spy

Intakes: awe vs eventuri 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020 | 09:46 AM
lituoklis88
Advanced

Default Intakes: awe vs eventuri 991.1

Hello folks,

as the title says, which intake would you prefer and why?
some threads state that eventuri might have flow issues with higher power. Not much on the AWE. I really want to pull the trigger here, but i am torn. Looks wise, eventuri 4 sure. But performance is also important.
what are your opinions?
Old 08-03-2020 | 09:47 AM
becausephilchow
Rennlist Member

Are there any reports that Eventuri actually has flow issues with their higher power? Maybe i'm buying in the hype, but i've owned a few Eventuri Intakes myself already, but, they actually do real flow testing, compared to some of the other companies it seems, so it seems a bit odd that out of all of them, theirs would be the one that doesn't flow well at higher power?
Old 08-03-2020 | 11:06 AM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

I love my Eventuri in terms of fit and finish but I have been told the stock box flows better from a cfm standpoint. I don’t notice any difference from stock but would be hard pressed to tell as I did a tune with upgraded coolers, y pipe and plenum at the same time.
Old 08-03-2020 | 11:15 AM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Stock box with a high flow filter would be very hard to beat in CFM.
The following 2 users liked this post by onfireTTS:
4flynlow (08-04-2020), Redlinerobert (08-03-2020)
Old 08-03-2020 | 11:57 AM
mikerosi
Racer

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Stock box with a high flow filter would be very hard to beat in CFM.
^^^^ This
Old 08-03-2020 | 12:08 PM
lituoklis88
Advanced

what are the high flow filters you guys using? BMC? do they really change anything (ive always been skeptical about high flow filter performance)? any awe owners out there?
Old 08-03-2020 | 12:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

AWE makes great products. Eventuri is top notch as well, one of the best intakes you can purchase for performance and looks.

We have one of the AWE products in stock if interested and can get you Eventuri as well.

Feel free to contact me for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 08-03-2020 | 12:56 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lituoklis88
what are the high flow filters you guys using? BMC? do they really change anything (ive always been skeptical about high flow filter performance)? any awe owners out there?

Yes. BMC. The only thing they will do is flow more air at less pressure drop if you exceed the factory filter. Pure Stock, the factory filter is fine.
The following users liked this post:
4flynlow (08-04-2020)
Old 08-03-2020 | 04:17 PM
BMS
Former Vendor

I've heard the same issues with the high powered cars on the Eventuri for some reason.

The stock air box is hard to beat, Porsche made sure these turbos got good airflow. BMC drop in would probably be the easiest route.

On my car I retain the rear stock air box using as a heat shield and air duct. I used x2 huge 3.5" oiled filters and our intake plumbing to the stock intakes.
I'm using one of those filters on my 800whp 335i, so I know it flows plenty

-Payam

Old 08-05-2020 | 11:25 PM
lituoklis88
Advanced

So i did go with AWE. Installed it today. Obviuosly carbon is pretty,
fitment however is not. Grooves for the air lines on top of the filter are poorly made, none of the lines clip in. Had to make modification for the lines to actually stay put. Also alignment with with stock connections is also not impressive, top side of the filter that connects to the stock fresh air inlet is not sealing well, filter housin is of by 1/3 inch which could prevent the air pickup from outside vs engine bay.
when it comes to price and quality, i would give this a 5/10. At that price point i expect nothing but perfection. I prolly shoulda went with eventuri
Old 08-06-2020 | 02:58 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

fitment however is not. Grooves for the air lines on top of the filter are poorly made, none of the lines clip in. Had to make modification for the lines to actually stay put. Also alignment with with stock connections is also not impressive, top side of the filter that connects to the stock fresh air inlet is not sealing well, filter housin is of by 1/3 inch which could prevent the air pickup from outside vs engine bay.
when it comes to price and quality, i would give this a 5/10. At that price point i expect nothing but perfection. I prolly shoulda went with eventuri
Please send me pictures so I can forward it to AWE..

-Josh
Old 08-06-2020 | 01:45 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

Yeah the Eventuri definately fit better than that...

Old 08-06-2020 | 02:45 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Eventuri is a work of art. My only question is their statement "The two individual filters provide a larger filtration area as compared to the single stock panel filter".

I'm skeptical that two small cone filters have more square inches of surface area than the large, single panel filter. I'll measure my spare panel filter and post back. What is the in2 of the Eventuri filters ?
Old 08-06-2020 | 03:15 PM
Ttz06vette
Rennlist Member

If you were to believe the marketing for the system, the filter sizing and inverted shape contributes to the technology for higher velocity of airflow. Who knows without aN independent scientific comparison. I definately notice an improvement in sound. You can hear the air coming through.
https://www.eventuri.net/filters/
Old 08-06-2020 | 04:44 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

If anyone has a stock airbox assembly I will pay UPS shipping both ways to 24211. Would love to put it on my flow bench to get actual numbers.

Quick Reply: Intakes: awe vs eventuri 991.1