Sponsored by: Road Spy

GT2RS Side Air Intakes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 01:37 PM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT2RS Side Air Intakes...

Has anyone with a GT3RS or a Turbo/Turbo S replaced the Side Air Intakes with the GT2RS? What is involved in doing that?
Old 06-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fdeandrade
Has anyone with a GT3RS or a Turbo/Turbo S replaced the Side Air Intakes with the GT2RS? What is involved in doing that?
There’s a thread about this. From what I remember the 2RS has larger intakes so it’s not a direct swap. The TT and the 3RS are direct swaps.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:20 PM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

The reason I am asking is that it looks like it involves more parts than just the intakes. There is a retaining frame which is also appears to be used on the GT3RS. Wanted to see if anyone has done it.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I looked into doing the same exact thing. The GT2 fit is not a swap for the TT. The GT3RS is. I went with the RS piece which is a easy swap and great fit.
I love it, you can see pics below.
DB carbon has a GT version that only cost 1 semester of college. I went RS.
Attached Images   
Old 06-13-2019, 01:07 AM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

Those look really great...

I am converting my 17 Turbo S into a race car. Full GT2RS front and rear suspension with DSC V3 module and Tractive Coilovers. Having GT2RS front end (bumper, fenders, hood and all of the ductwork to improve downforce and cooling). Installing a GT2RS engine lid and wing/wing plates with the only modification being the grill will be a custom made grill cover (this is the only part I am worried about).

Then for performance, lite blox battery to shed weight along with the 991 old generation GT2 seats (I like that they can fold forward), kline exhaust, bigger turbos, Tial intercoolers and EVenturi airbox/intake Y-pipe initially with a Cobb tune along with a Dodson clutch and BBS MR Magnesium wheels. The car will be going to TPC racing to get the work done.

I was hoping that the side intakes would be easy, but it looks like they may require on or even maybe 2 more parts that might be exclusive to the GT2RS.

My goal is to have a car that is completely sorted out in terms of handling so that it can handle 700-800HP and yet be very drivable. Not looking for a drag monster.
The following users liked this post:
flsupraguy (06-25-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Wow. Quite a project. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Those look really great...

I am converting my 17 Turbo S into a race car. Full GT2RS front and rear suspension with DSC V3 module and Tractive Coilovers. Having GT2RS front end (bumper, fenders, hood and all of the ductwork to improve downforce and cooling). Installing a GT2RS engine lid and wing/wing plates with the only modification being the grill will be a custom made grill cover (this is the only part I am worried about).

Then for performance, lite blox battery to shed weight along with the 991 old generation GT2 seats (I like that they can fold forward), kline exhaust, bigger turbos, Tial intercoolers and EVenturi airbox/intake Y-pipe initially with a Cobb tune along with a Dodson clutch and BBS MR Magnesium wheels. The car will be going to TPC racing to get the work done.

I was hoping that the side intakes would be easy, but it looks like they may require on or even maybe 2 more parts that might be exclusive to the GT2RS.

My goal is to have a car that is completely sorted out in terms of handling so that it can handle 700-800HP and yet be very drivable. Not looking for a drag monster.
Great project, looking forward to seeing tons of pictures during the process!

With all the work and $$$ that you are spending, I think the GT2RS intakes are a very small tiny problem. Since everything is out, I cannot but wonder why you do not setup an intercooler water spray system. I have the Liteblox on my 991TT and my race car btw, great battery. Here are the GT2RS part numbers:

Old 06-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

While you're at it, look into the GT3RS or even the GT2RS rocker panel trim. I put the 3RS trim on my TTS and really liked the look. I'm not sure if the 2RS part will fit correctly, but it looks excellent on the car. What are you doing for safety? Half cage with harnesses?
Old 06-13-2019, 03:01 PM
RGS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 333 Likes on 213 Posts

We are looking to do side intake grills for the turbo cars. We are thinking some great color combos to make the protective grill pop. Maybe some Porsche acid green to match some acid green brakes? Maybe some Porsche red to match the brakes and accents? Do you all think there would be any interest?
Old 06-13-2019, 06:50 PM
tommyboy214
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RGS
We are looking to do side intake grills for the turbo cars. We are thinking some great color combos to make the protective grill pop. Maybe some Porsche acid green to match some acid green brakes? Maybe some Porsche red to match the brakes and accents? Do you all think there would be any interest?

There is plenty of interest but no follow through....

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...h-is-best.html
Old 06-14-2019, 12:22 AM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

Where did you get your Lite Blox 28XX battery? I have tried buying on a couple of sites but they will not ship to the US.

I ordered 6 & 11 to go along with part #7. I am hoping that part 18 in the diagram ends up being the same as item 8 in the Turbo diagram (different part numbers).

I am not sure I will need the water spray system. I will be discussing it with the folks at TPC. My goal is to get the car handling well first and foremost.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 AM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

Thanks...
Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Hugh Sam
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get your Lite Blox 28XX battery? I have tried buying on a couple of sites but they will not ship to the US.

I ordered 6 & 11 to go along with part #7. I am hoping that part 18 in the diagram ends up being the same as item 8 in the Turbo diagram (different part numbers).

I am not sure I will need the water spray system. I will be discussing it with the folks at TPC. My goal is to get the car handling well first and foremost.
You will definitely need part #18
Old 06-14-2019, 07:59 PM
fdeandrade
Rennlist Member

Have you had these installed?
Old 06-15-2019, 04:45 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

They have a US dealer if I am not mistaken, you can check on their website.

I don't know how you are planning to drive your car, but any driving on the circuit will definitely benefit from it if you're moving to larger turbos and tune to 700hp.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Side Air Intakes...