Sponsored by: Road Spy

Newbie... Turbo Mods... Flamesuit on

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Harry Da Hamster
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Hamster, you killed me with that add a zero thing. definitely a good laugh, but sadly I know its true. I am curious though is the PDK a clutch setup that wears like a manual? Or is it more like how an auto would wear (I have seen automatics take forever to have any kind of an issue). I know that it isnt exactly an auto, but then again it isnt exactly a manual too... so I am just curious what the wear time is on these cars when it is just normally driven with a spirited interstate run every now and then. Oh yeah, btw, is your car normally rolling without the rear cover? I see a plate attached to the back. And DAMN those wheels are amazing!!!
The PDK clutch is a wet clutch system and i think it's designed to last the life of the car. There might be a PDK fluid flush somewhere in the maintenance schedule or it could be a lifetime fill, not too sure about that. But i do know the PDK fluid is very expensive. The only time you really need to keep the clutch on the radar is if you're pushing the upper limits of the clutch (700-800whp) and launching the car often.

It's not normally rolling without the rear bumper cover. Did it for the local car show last night. I'll probably leave it off for a week or until a cop pulls me over... LOL

And consider wheels with a slight drop. It totally transforms the exterior look of the car. Maybe not a bright gold like mine, but almost anything looks better than stock.

Quick Reply: Newbie... Turbo Mods... Flamesuit on